Australia A squad (India July 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wade has very good batting stats from that list though. Surely averaging nearly 50 in SS in the last 4 years. Surely that is getting close considering a test average of 40 to a straight batting callup?

Wade performed admirably at Test level with the bat as well, often having to bat at 6 and coming in when we were in trouble too.

I like Wade and think he has a future at international level, but am completely comfortable with the guys who are ahead of him in the pecking order being treated as such (Marsh, Voges and Burns).

Wade has very good batting stats from that list though. Surely averaging nearly 50 in SS in the last 4 years. Surely that is getting close considering a test average of 40 to a straight batting callup?

You'd hope that he gets considered as a straight batsman at some point, who really wants him behind the pegs at test level? It's not fair on the bowlers.

With the retirement of Dussey, a possibility of White and Rogers leaving he could play as a batsman next season. Especially if they only play one of Maxwell and Christian. An XI of:

Quiney
Dean
Stoinis
Handscomb
Wade (c)
Christian/Maxwell
Ayre (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Boland
Ahmed

Is a pretty good one.

With the retirement of Dussey, a possibility of White and Rogers leaving he could play as a batsman next season. Especially if they only play one of Maxwell and Christian. An XI of:

Quiney
Dean
Stoinis
Handscomb
Wade (c)
Christian/Maxwell
Ayre (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Boland
Ahmed

Is a pretty good one.

Surely you would play one of Gotch or Short in front of Ayre? And I presume Wade would be extremely reluctant to give up the gloves

Surely you would play one of Gotch or Short in front of Ayre? And I presume Wade would be extremely reluctant to give up the gloves
Ayre is a keeper. Short would be competing with Dean and Gotch is behind Ayre, despite the fact he's more hyped.

Quiney
Dean
Stoinis
Handscomb
Wade (c)
Christian/Maxwell
Ayre (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Boland
Ahmed

Is a pretty good one.
What state is Chris Rogers off to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Victorian cricket, how is Alex Keath going? Has he been scoring lots of runs at district level?
Should have picked football.

I'd pick him up as a category B rookie. Wouldn't you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Definitely. If he was interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back