Australia Test squad - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until someone bashes the door down- looking at you Jordan Silk....Rogers stays in. I am very uneasy having Hughes and Warner opening. You are just as likely to be 2 for bugger all as 0-100.
Bashing the door down... like Hughes has done.

I think he has what it takes.

Would be a pretty bold move though, don't want to risk his development being stalled by continual role changes as has been the case with other all rounders in the past.

Gonna put my neck out and say the pace attack for India should be Midge, Harris and Sayers. Think he offers more of a threat than Siddle and also looks very capable of performing a holding role as well.

You gotta appreciate someone who can take wickets so economically and frequently on the road that is adelaide

Gonna put my neck out and say the pace attack for India should be Midge, Harris and Sayers. Think he offers more of a threat than Siddle and also looks very capable of performing a holding role as well.

You gotta appreciate someone who can take wickets so economically and frequently on the road that is adelaide
That's my lineup as well. Lyon gets a gig due to no geniune competition.

I really hope we don't decide to play Watson and Marsh in the same team, their are better bats in the country and we don't need two all rounders. I'm happy to pick one or the other. I still think Smith needs to bat at 3 for the sake of the team but the fact that they forced a number 6 batsman to bat at 3 means it probably wont happen. In that case I hope Hughes gets another go.

I hope Rogers doesn't get moved on just yet but I would not be surprised to see Hughes picked to open and Watson at 3. If I'm not wrong that would bring us back to the start since Ponting's last test at 3? (Watson, Hughes, Cowan, Khawaja, Watson, Doolan, Maxwell)

I really hope we don't decide to play Watson and Marsh in the same team, their are better bats in the country and we don't need two all rounders. I'm happy to pick one or the other. I still think Smith needs to bat at 3 for the sake of the team but the fact that they forced a number 6 batsman to bat at 3 means it probably wont happen. In that case I hope Hughes gets another go.

I hope Rogers doesn't get moved on just yet but I would not be surprised to see Hughes picked to open and Watson at 3. If I'm not wrong that would bring us back to the start since Ponting's last test at 3? (Watson, Hughes, Cowan, Khawaja, Watson, Doolan, Maxwell)

nah. Shaun Marsh was three after Ponting.

Marsh-Watson-Quiney-Watson-Hughes-Cowan-Watson-Doolan-Maxwell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home summer...

Rogers
Warner
S.Marsh
Clarke
Smith
Watson (if right to bowl)
Haddin (or Nevill)
Johnson
Harris
Siddle
Lyon

Marsh just made a duck in his first game back so you would think he'd have to do something special next game to get in. I'd say Hughes is a shoe in to play in Australia, they just wanted to protect him against the spinning deck in UAE.

Not sure Harris will be fit either.

Warner
Hughes
Smith
Clarke
White/Best performed shield batsman
Watson/Marsh (not fussed either way, personally prefer Watson atm)
Haddin (would much prefer Whiteman)
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Bird

That's what I think we should go with.

Last edited:
Warner
Hughes
Smith
Clarke
Watson/Marsh (not fussed either way, personally prefer Watson atm)
Haddin (would much prefer Whiteman)
Johnson
Harris
Lyon
Bird

That's what I think we should go with.
I'd prefer 11 over 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back