Society/Culture Australia, the home of subtle racism.

Remove this Banner Ad

40 000 years of culture that out lasted empires the likes of Rome makes your supposition null and void. Perhaps you need to re calibrate your ideas on what an effective society must look like.
Does that culture really matter if very little out of 40000 years is remembered or recorded?

Again, it's how you wish to view modern western cultures. I wouldn't call the worship of celebrities evolving or stripping of the earth natural resources including the oceans evolving or high rates of suicide and depression evolving etc etc.
How about becoming an interstellar race isn't that evolution

Again, it's how you wish to view modern western cultures. I wouldn't call the worship of celebrities evolving or stripping of the earth natural resources including the oceans evolving or high rates of suicide and depression evolving etc etc.

Easy to moral grandstand when your talking about a culture that hadn't developed the wheel before we arrived.

The lower you stand, the less distance you have to fall my friend.

Easy to moral grandstand when your talking about a culture that hadn't developed the wheel before we arrived.

The lower you stand, the further you have to fall my friend.

No moral grandstand at all Pal, merely suggesting the measure by which you judge one society over another is flawed and tbh down right offensive.

Does that culture really matter if very little out of 40000 years is remembered or recorded?

How about becoming an interstellar race isn't that evolution

Sure. we've made impressive leaps in technology, no doubt but have we really evolved?

So how should we judge it? Life expectancy? Child mortality? Education? Scientific achievement? Provision of basic necessities?

A modern, civilised society should be judged by how it treats the weakest and the least fortunate.

Sure. we've made impressive leaps in technology, no doubt but have we really evolved?
Well perhaps we have in some ways. In a way you can consider that writing is an extension of your mind it helps you to remember and organize your thoughts, mobiles, computers and calculators can also be extensions of your mind helping you to organize, remember and calculate stuff. So the increases in technology can definitely allow us to think a bit better

Well by almost any measure the poorest members of western society have a better standard of living then the vast majority of the non western world.
He's talking about how the poor are treated though not the standard of living. For example while the elderly have an ok standard of living in Australia they aren't really treated that well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And having half Aboriginal children somehow qualifies you as objective does it.

And oh yes...not all police are racist.

In my past life I actually volunteered in my own time at pcyc programmes.

Shock horror, dealt with a large number of Aboriginal youth.

But that doesn't fit your hood wearing narrative does it.
Anyone who find Perth as scary as you do is not fit to judge.

You could argue that families shunting their parents off to nursing homes isn't the best thing compared to cultures where the family looks after their parents until they die

Well the reason that many societies look after their parents is because there is no eldar care facilities and they would just die on their own.

I would rather live in a society where there are multiple options complete with a safety net then a choice between life or death.

Well, the only stuff lost has been as a result of deliberate genocide. Who would want to be part of a culture responsible for that?

The thing is,European science, that's first ever role here was about hiding the genocide, is now doing the exact opposite. Proving that the cultures here spread out all over this planet. The most admired ancient civilizations were a progression from the cultures here..

Th

That would be a start.

How did indigenous Australia go prior to western arrival?

******* s**t house, i'm half aboriginal and i have enough balls admit the indigenous peoples had a life expectancy of around 30, culture was highly superstitious and not based on logic and far from peaceful many nations went to war with each other frequently leaving lasting bitterness that extends to this day. rape was rife and with no sophisticated farming techniques a somewhat nomadic lifestyle was required which prevented developing idea's such as a written language from developing.

that said many cultural productions were more advanced then are especially in fishing and housing (in fact in SA and vic there are examples of actual stone housing)

you want to talk about subtle racism how about this prevailing view in society life was the s**t and things were just sooo much better because there's was no alcohol problems and we didn't have to get a ******* job. Yes when the english arrived they ****ed up a lot of s**t and we still are dealing with the failout of it today.

but personally i find nothing more racist then this 19th century noble savage routine that is still prevalent in society, i turn 30 next every and i'm ******* glad it's not looking likely to be the last year of my life having had 6 kid's and my wife having the saggy tit's of 65 year old at 17.

For anyone who feels they have something to offer in this thread and all others concerning the plight of the legal owners of this land, know that what I say is fact. There is nothing to claim. history does not lie.

There were no gaols here before the Europeans invaded. No racism, no pollution, no global financial crisis, no stolen generation, no royal commissions into sex abuse in churches. No food shortages, no dirty water, no salination of the Murray, no aids, no autism, no homeless, no drug addicts, no religous persecution. I can go on forever and day about how their elders knew how to govern. There women knew how to bring up kids, didn't need pay a fortune to dump them on strangers during the day. Our European elders do not how to govern.

No autism? How did you work that out? You'd think it would pop up every now and again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back