Roast Australian Politics Stuffing Up Australia - Treasurer Joe Hockey Pg26

Remove this Banner Ad

You stated: In a perfect world it shouldn't matter if she's any good at public speaking because her job should be to govern, not lead us like sheep. However we've come to expect a leader, and she most certainly is not one.
I asked for examples, unless this is just a general statement because you don't like her.

Sorry perhaps I didn't get my point across correctly. I meant that the job of the Prime Minister should not be to lead the country like sheep, but I believe that in current politics it's what they aim/have to do. I also believe Julia Gillard could not persuade people, and thus could not lead them like sheep. Therefore failing at the contemporary role of the Prime Minister. I do not believe at any point she led us like sheep, and in my 'perfect world' it would not be considered a failure, but because it's currently required of the PM to do such a thing she ultimately failed.

To say I do not 'like' Gillard is probably correct, but I also do not dislike her. I'm quite honestly indifferent as I believe she did some good for this country, some questionable, and also made some mistakes. I just prefer to rant about her than Abbott as just thinking about him makes me infuriated.

Not sure I understand what you are saying.
Man/Woman speaks, question the person speaking the words, surely the words represent the man/woman?
If you attack the words (ball), you are then asked, "who said this?"
Split hairs, hair split.
Unless of course that is not what you are attempting to say.

I think you do understand. But if you don't understand then don't fret. Keep on with your attacks.

QUOTE="Christ_JM, post: 37181866, member: 62799"]There sure are some delusional people in this world. Just read the tripe which is dead set on attacking the man/woman time and time again rather than the ball.
delusion, in psychology, a rigid system of beliefs with which a person is preoccupied and to which the person firmly holds, despite the logical absurdity of the beliefs and a lack of supporting evidence.

The Man: Tony Abbott.

The evidence to support the belief that he'd be a good prime minister: errr, um, err . . . . . nil

Who's attacking The Man?

39 LNP members

The Ball:

Tony Abbott has been in power since 7 September 2013. From that moment, he and his government have broken promises and hurt Australians. This post will be regularly updated to keep track of the Abbott Government’s broken promises and everything his Government does to hurt Australians. Each separate item will have a link to a source.

Broken promises appear in bold and in a separate fully referenced list at the end.

(click on the below link for a comprehensive list of Tones' BALL)

http://sallymcmanus.net/abbotts-wreckage/

Don't worry though Fella, take one of these a night and hopefully your psychosis will be ameliorated

Zyprexa.jpg

I'm not a Hockey fan but it's about time someone took Journalists to court for the s**t, lies and misleading things they write.

Well the Journalists do the same to other Pollies and Do you believe Hockey:rolleyes:

Well the Journalists do the same to other Pollies and Do you believe Hockey:rolleyes:

You don't need to believe anyone, the evidence is all public, you can make your own mind up.

That's exactly my point the journalists do it to everyone, it's time someone make them accountable for the things they say which have a huge influence on the public.

You don't need to believe anyone, the evidence is all public, you can make your own mind up.

That's exactly my point the journalists do it to everyone, it's time someone make them accountable for the things they say which have a huge influence on the public.

Well said. Journalism is a craft with an immense amount of social responsibility and to abuse that position is pretty unconscionable IMO

The PUP party. Now that Glen Lazarus has quit we essentially have 8 independents (4 ind. + 4 parties with 1 member). Forgetting the implications that this reduces the govt. ability to negotiate to get bills passed in the senate. But if someone quits a party how can they be allowed to continue in parliament at tax payers expense. Essentially you are voting for a party not the individual. I understand why it occurs I just totally disagree with the current system. Either go back to the polls in that seat or the party keeps that seat and its gets passed onto another member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I havent been following this closely but arent they in favour of only cutting pensions to people who have a certain net worth? Cant see the greens intentionally doing something thats harms people who are already disadvantaged

As long as it’s for People who already have Money and don’t need as much Pension as someone with less money.

As long as they don’t count stuff like you Worth of your Home

As long as it’s for People who already have Money and don’t need as much Pension as someone with less money.

As long as they don’t count stuff like you Worth of your Home

I think they do, which is pretty unreasonable

I think they do, which is pretty unreasonable

I thought they wanted to but People who have Common Sense told them what Idiot idea it is.

Well how bad our Budget is at. You put nothing pass those Idiots

Just be Rich getting Richer and the Poor get Poorer:mad::cry: - With the New 2015 Budget
We don't know that yet Dave but I get your point. I haven't looked into any of the budget announcements or leaks to date but I think we are a few hours away from knowing how much pain we'll be in for.

We don't know that yet Dave but I get your point. I haven't looked into any of the budget announcements or leaks to date but I think we are a few hours away from knowing how much pain we'll be in for.

Well that is what Normally Happens with Budgets. Worse with Liberal that from Labor.

Tax the Massively Rich People/Compaines more as they can Pay for it more than the Normal Aussies and things would be not as bad

Well that is what Normally Happens with Budgets. Worse with Liberal that from Labor.

Tax the Massively Rich People/Compaines more as they can Pay for it more than the Normal Aussies and things would be not as bad

There are things going on I believe to do this or at least move towards this, unfortunately and fortunately there are some very smart business people around, smarter that our pollies anyway, that can circumnavigate these laws through various loopholes in legislation. You can hardly blame them I guess considering their obligation is to the shareholders.

Government just has to get wiser on these things.

Trouble is when there is a knock on affect for something like Netflix where the price goes up as they need to pay GST who do you think ultimately pays that, yep, you and me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back