FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Channel 10 don't * this up. Rove needs to host the show similar to what Probst does, a serious tone most of the time with small amounts of humour/banter when warranted.

Any more than two hours per week will be complete overkill so no more than two episodes per week in my opinion. We've seen that viewers don't want to watch shows which have several episodes per week so I hope they've learnt from mistakes made by the main commercial stations in the past. Ideally they should be looking at one 60-90 minute episode every week.

From my point of view, I hope they don't show this on Thursday Nights. Any day from Sunday to Wednesday would be best.

wanted to go on survivor as a teenager right through my twenties. Unfortunately now in my 30's my body and mind are not as they used to be.

Really hope Channel 10 dont make a meal of it, but suspect they will. Anyone remember the 1st Australian survivor, and the first immunity challenge was an epic fail with the flames on the wood pile not reaching high enough to burn through the rope because the wind was so strong? Felt embarrassed just watching it...

I whole heartedly agree but theoretically if done right, having it on multiple nights a week could be a good thing. Imagine if it was three nights with the first show being the reaction to the tribal, plus a proper explanation of why people voted for they did, plus a reward challenge and reward, the second episode being the immunity challenge and a lot of strategy shown, and the third episode being a bit of strategy, and then a long tribal, that would actually be good.

Instead we'll get stupid twists, redemption Island duels and manufactured drama

On the flip side of that though, what if it's a nothing, straightforward tribal council. Then by default you do get the manufactured drama, probably infused with some romantic triangle.

I can't even get myself into real Survivor these days. A cheap Ten version, 8 nights a week, with Rove McManus putting on his serious face? Think I can safely give it a miss.

Anyone remember the 1st Australian survivor, and the first immunity challenge was an epic fail with the flames on the wood pile not reaching high enough to burn through the rope because the wind was so strong? Felt embarrassed just watching it...

I'm still dark on Nine for not showing season 4 of real Survivor :thumbsdown::mad: I ******* loved Survivor back then.

What bright spark suggested country South Australia... "We got to do this ultra cheap. Kerry Packer knows a property owner, in a place it gets cold and windy? Okay whatever that'll do."

I'm still dark on Nine for not showing season 4 of real Survivor :thumbsdown::mad: I ******* loved Survivor back then.

What bright spark suggested country South Australia... "We got to do this ultra cheap. Kerry Packer knows a property owner, in a place it gets cold and windy? Okay whatever that'll do."

I still love Survivor now. (And yes agree with you re. not showing some of the seasons). It's The Amazing Race i have gone right off, same old same old it is to me.

FMD - 24 contestants? Other things they could do to * it up:

1. Exile Island
2. Surprise mid-season entry of 'intruders' (I almost guarantee this will happen)
3. Using aussie 'celebrities' as contestants
4. Setting it somewhere cold. One of the best things about Survivor is that you get to see a bit of gratuitous flesh. The previous Aus version was so s**t because it was always so ******* cold and they were always rugged up. No need to get Mr Fuzzy pen out in the edit.

24 contestants?

"SUNDAY IMMUNITY CHALLENGE EPISODE"
"MONDAY TRIBAL COUNCIL EPISODE"
"TUESDAY REWARD CHALLENGE/CONFECTED DRAMA EPISODE"
"WEDNESDAY IMMUNITY CHALLENGE EPISODE"
"THURSDAY TRIBAL COUNCIL EPISODE"

×11 weeks

Week 12 final tribal council.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow defiantly going to have a crack, 10 weeks is a long time to be away from work, bills and mortgage still need to be paid, though not sure you would be gone the whole ten weeks, could more a 10 week window type deal.

also think they pay you a weekly wage to cover you whilst away on top of any prize money think its around $500-600 but maybe mistaken, but if it is the case roll that into 4 weeks holiday pay from work and some unpaid leave maybe do-able. .

Terms and Conditions state that filming will take place 23 March thru 24 July..

"The winner will be awarded an appealing cash prize. Whilst you are on location, you will receive a basic fee."

Last edited:
24 doesn't bother me too much. Actually allows for some interesting tribe configurations. Do you go 2 of 12, 3 of 8 or 4 of 6?
24 sucks. Means that most of the contestants won't get any decent airtime. Why the hell can't the show just work off what American Survivior did well? Surely a show that has 30 seasons is doing something right? But no. We have to have a three night a week show that moves at a snails pace.

FMD - 24 contestants? Other things they could do to **** it up:

1. Exile Island
2. Surprise mid-season entry of 'intruders' (I almost guarantee this will happen)
3. Using aussie 'celebrities' as contestants
4. Setting it somewhere cold. One of the best things about Survivor is that you get to see a bit of gratuitous flesh. The previous Aus version was so s**t because it was always so ******* cold and they were always rugged up. No need to get Mr Fuzzy pen out in the edit.

5. Intruders. The classic way to pointlessly extend an already monotonous season.

24 works if it is going to be a daily show and they get rid of two a week, makes it an approx 10 week season.

just had a look at the application form pretty full on.

Keep us updated The Sultan

I'm guessing the cash prize will be a couple hundred grand. No where near a million.

Will do, think the applications have to be in by Feb, and first casting calls are in March so plenty of time to get it together, one of the questions asked something along the lines of " have you ever made a sex tape"

no mention of how much the prize money will be, from memory was $500k in the Aussie survivor they did years ago.

Will do..

no mention of how much the prize money will be, from memory was $500k in the Aussie survivor they did years ago.

Lol, well they have to tell you surely!!!! "Yeah sign up for Suvivor pls! brb getting your cheque for $15.50"

How many pages is the application?

I still love Survivor now. (And yes agree with you re. not showing some of the seasons). It's The Amazing Race i have gone right off, same old same old it is to me.
Marquesas was the only one they missed.

24 sucks. Means that most of the contestants won't get any decent airtime. Why the hell can't the show just work off what American Survivior did well? Surely a show that has 30 seasons is doing something right? But no. We have to have a three night a week show that moves at a snails pace.
Sure, but that format is not particularly popular in Australia.

The 3/4 nights a week version is insanely popular. We've seen as such with;
Masterchef
The Block
Big Brother
Australian Idol
The Voice
House Rules
My Kitchen Rules
etc.

It's an absolute no brainer to adapt the Survivor game to an Australian format. It also makes it financially worthwhile to the broadcaster. They'd probably have budgetary issues were it to only play once a week.

I'm looking forward to it. I find it a tad disappointing how how much of Survivor is focused purely on challenges and strategy. This may allow another dynamic such as the survival element to be shown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back