FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 1 - Cont. in Pt. 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but that format is not particularly popular in Australia.

The 3/4 nights a week version is insanely popular. We've seen as such with;
Masterchef
The Block
Big Brother
Australian Idol
The Voice
House Rules
My Kitchen Rules
etc.

It's an absolute no brainer to adapt the Survivor game to an Australian format. It also makes it financially worthwhile to the broadcaster. They'd probably have budgetary issues were it to only play once a week.

I'm looking forward to it. I find it a tad disappointing how how much of Survivor is focused purely on challenges and games. This may allow another dynamic such as the survival element to be shown.

Survivor ditched aspect years ago, didn't it? Nobody looks like they've been starving now. And every reward challenge has a big meal.

Survivor ditched aspect years ago, didn't it? Nobody looks like they've been starving now. And every reward challenge has a big meal.
Pretty much, which is a shame IMO. I liked it when someone's strength around camp was a consideration when it came to tactical moves. They get too many luxuries these days so it doesn't matter. That's just one facet of course. I actually enjoy the survival element which is why people watch shows like Man vs Wild.

Survivor has evolved from being a survival game to a social game, which was necessary for the show itself to survive. That said I hope this wont be big brother outback version ,but i am skeptical

That's not true, I think it was only last season that a tribe ran out of rice and lost their shelter to get a new batch.

I was watching clips of the first season of survivor. They had toothbrush/razors and everything. A chick was shaving her legs whilst doing her confessionals lol

Survival element is still there. I reckon it's tougher now than back during the first couple of seasons

Last edited:
The rain would have been horrid.

Just thinking how I hate sitting in the rain at the football. And that is only 2.5 hours max. Day after day, my dear god.
Last week's episode was pretty brutal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was watching clips of the first season of survivor. They had toothbrush/razors and everything. A chick was shaving her legs whilst doing her confessionals lol

Survival element is still there. I reckon it's tougher now than back during the first couple of seasons
Yeah, they were the luxury items that contestants were allowed to bring. I think they cut it out around Pearl Islands if I (poorly) recall in part because of the looting start and some brought items were giving players an advantage. I'd like to see it return at least for one season.

The rain would have been horrid.

Just thinking how I hate sitting in the rain at the football. And that is only 2.5 hours max. Day after day, my dear god.
They did have a tarp, and unlimited supplies of bamboo AFAIK, but seem to spend minimal time constructing a decent shelter, where a fire can be going 24/7, instead preferring to lie around, do yoga, or gather a few snails

hopefully he does bigfooty proud lol.

55 Days.... compared to 39... Really want this aussie version to be goood.

Why 55 days?
Why 24 contestants?
The current format works.
I hope they don't try and turn this into a "I am a Celeb" etc etc show and air an ep a night.
The best thing about Survivor is that 7 day wait between ep's waiting to see what happens next.

I hope I am just preempting incorrectly.
Are they playing for $1000000 anyone know?

Why 55 days?
Why 24 contestants?

I hope they don't try and turn this into a "I am a Celeb" etc etc show and air an ep a night.
The best thing about Survivor is that 7 day wait between ep's waiting to see what happens next.

So they can flog it 5 nights a week without the audience skipping the ads.

Why 55 days?
Why 24 contestants?

Playing for half a mil i think. Or a quarter? One or the other i read the other day

But yeah it will be airing multiple times a week. At least 3 times by the looks of it. I hate that they are tampering with the original just to try to squeeze as much content out of it as they can

You get boring episodes in the US version when you get a predictable boot order, so trying to drag out those periods over 3 days here will be soul crushing

So they can flog it 5 nights a week without the audience skipping the ads.

God forbid.

Playing for half a mil i think. Or a quarter? One or the other i read the other day

But yeah it will be airing multiple times a week. At least 3 times by the looks of it. I hate that they are tampering with the original just to try to squeeze as much content out of it as they can

You get boring episodes in the US version when you get a predictable boot order, so trying to drag out those periods over 3 days here will be soul crushing

True dat.

I will give it a chance but find it highly unlikely that I will stick with it and I doubt hardcore fans of the show will either.

If they just followed the original format they actually might have a show that has some success and they could run with it for one season per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back