Australian Wrestling thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I went looking through some Australian wrestling fed Wikis on a whim. I don't know how much this matters in the bigger scene but I was pleasantly surprised to see an Aussie currently holding a SHIMMER tag title.

Only problem is that Skater's partner Nakagawa is retiring shortly, so expect a title change at the next DVD tapings.

Also Madison Eagles was previously the SHIMMER Champion. We've had 5 Aussies in SHIMMER and Evie from NZ.

Only problem is that Skater's partner Nakagawa is retiring shortly, so expect a title change at the next DVD tapings.

Also Madison Eagles was previously the SHIMMER Champion. We've had 5 Aussies in SHIMMER and Evie from NZ.
Would help if I paid attention. Bleh.

Still, better than nothing as always.

From the OCW Facebook page

The next episode of OCW TV will air Tonight at 9.30pm on Channel 31 Melbourne!
This episode will feature Adelaide's Chris "MIMIC" Basso in an OCW Championship match against Andy Phoenix. Also, Aussie Pride will be on the line as a Former WWE developmental Star will be in action in a USA vs AUSTRALIA match! Tonight will also feature high impact action from OCW Originals KrackerJak, Cadman Turner, Cletus & more!
Tune in to Channel 31 Melbourne Tonight at 9.30pm and see the action

I use to watch WCW in the olden days as a kid and that's when all the american wrestlers regularly came down to australia like Andre the giant, bulldog brower, king curtis, abdullah the butcher, ox baker, etc..... memories!

Wrestle Rampage (Adelaide) are holding their next event at the Titanium Security Arena (Adelaide 36ers Arena)! They will become the first Australian wrestling promotion to hold a event a stadium-sized arena! :thumbsu:

I'm not too sure where else to put this, but apparently my grandmother used to be a big fan of the Australian wrestling scene back in the 40s/50s/60s. She was in on it and knew it was a work too, the smark. Her favourite was Chief Little Wolf, and I found a few matches of his.

The British Pathe has other old wrestling matches, quite interesting to watch actually.

I see Outback Championship Weestling has bit the dust. Only a few months ago they hosted House of hardcore. Not sure what has happened. Known to get a lot of ex wwe guys over for shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you explain? Why was it a fiasco?

Planning on going to MCW in Essendon in January, been wanting to check it out for a few months so will try and catch the next one.

Fiasco was probably a poor choice of words. Let down more like it.

Me and a mate bought "VIP premium" front row tickets that promised private Q&A, meet n greet, photos, ect.. which was for the premium, silver and bronze ticket holders only (rows 1,2 & 3). So before the event, we get in only to discover that all of the overseas stars(mickie James, Victoria ) had their own little tables set up where you could purchase a photo, or a signed photo or some of their merchandise, mind you some of us had already forked out 120$ per ticket, it was mearly like a WWE fan fest event. They then bought all of the international stars in the ring for a Q&A which lasted about 5min, by this point nearly the whole crowd was in the building. Then finally the VIP holders got their promised photo. Only one with the group of them, no individual, and if you were with more than one person, you had to get it together, like my mate and I. It was rush rush rush. That was it for the meet n greet package. Staff were very rude.

Tommy dreamer opens the show and explains MVP couldn't make it coz visa problems but had a replacement, which was hurricane, everyone already knew though. In the 10 or so months leading up to the show, ocw on their Facebook released vignettes by stars promoting the event . Sabu sandman abyss plus a few others, none ended up coming, they were on the poster all year. Was promised surprise guests on the night too, but didn't get any.

As for the actual wrestling, The locals stole the show with the best matches of the night. Aussies put their bodies on the line taking bumps. Maddog v Cletus featured flaming chair, ladder, tables, staples. Main event was a fatal four way "hardcore" match, Featuring dreamer and Carlito. Wasn't much hardcore action though.

I actually spoke with one of the local wrestlers in a bar few months after the event and said the local wrestlers were just as pissed of with the show as the fans. Only one of the locals was in a match vs the internationals. None of the rest got a chance to be in a match with the internationals.

OCW got heap of complaints on their Facebook page straight after the show which were all deleted. Some people purchased silver 2nd row tix but were told on the night their wasn't enough seats in 2nd row so had to find somewhere else. They were told the would get some of their money back but ocw didn't return their emails after the event.

A lesson on how not to run a wrestling event !

Fiasco was probably a poor choice of words. Let down more like it.

Me and a mate bought "VIP premium" front row tickets that promised private Q&A, meet n greet, photos, ect.. which was for the premium, silver and bronze ticket holders only (rows 1,2 & 3). So before the event, we get in only to discover that all of the overseas stars(mickie James, Victoria ) had their own little tables set up where you could purchase a photo, or a signed photo or some of their merchandise, mind you some of us had already forked out 120$ per ticket, it was mearly like a WWE fan fest event. They then bought all of the international stars in the ring for a Q&A which lasted about 5min, by this point nearly the whole crowd was in the building. Then finally the VIP holders got their promised photo. Only one with the group of them, no individual, and if you were with more than one person, you had to get it together, like my mate and I. It was rush rush rush. That was it for the meet n greet package. Staff were very rude.

Tommy dreamer opens the show and explains MVP couldn't make it coz visa problems but had a replacement, which was hurricane, everyone already knew though. In the 10 or so months leading up to the show, ocw on their Facebook released vignettes by stars promoting the event . Sabu sandman abyss plus a few others, none ended up coming, they were on the poster all year. Was promised surprise guests on the night too, but didn't get any.

As for the actual wrestling, The locals stole the show with the best matches of the night. Aussies put their bodies on the line taking bumps. Maddog v Cletus featured flaming chair, ladder, tables, staples. Main event was a fatal four way "hardcore" match, Featuring dreamer and Carlito. Wasn't much hardcore action though.

I actually spoke with one of the local wrestlers in a bar few months after the event and said the local wrestlers were just as pissed of with the show as the fans. Only one of the locals was in a match vs the internationals. None of the rest got a chance to be in a match with the internationals.

OCW got heap of complaints on their Facebook page straight after the show which were all deleted. Some people purchased silver 2nd row tix but were told on the night their wasn't enough seats in 2nd row so had to find somewhere else. They were told the would get some of their money back but ocw didn't return their emails after the event.

A lesson on how not to run a wrestling event !

Sounds like shady wrestling booking 101 ;)

That really does suck though, it's all the worst of wrestling wrapped up in one big s**t sandwich. It just makes fans disillusioned and less likely to fork out money next time. If you can't offer it don't promise it, however we all know wrestling is more like offer the world and figure it out once you've already pocketed the marks money

Next time I'd rather pay $20 to go see MCW or one of the other local promotions and atleast get my money's worth.

Enjoy watching Syd Parker, Maddog, JXT, Josh Shooter, Adam Brooks plus more talented locals that give their all doing what they love.

Next time I'd rather pay $20 to go see MCW or one of the other local promotions and atleast get my money's worth.

Enjoy watching Syd Parker, Maddog, JXT, Josh Shooter, Adam Brooks plus more talented locals that give their all doing what they love.

Does they sell beer/alcohol at MCW shows?

I see Outback Championship Weestling has bit the dust. Only a few months ago they hosted House of hardcore. Not sure what has happened. Known to get a lot of ex wwe guys over for shows.
The guys who were doing their bookings etc moved onto other projects
It takes too much effort, and the income wasn't large enough for them to go FT

The guys who were doing their bookings etc moved onto other projects
It takes too much effort, and the income wasn't large enough for them to go FT

I heard the main guy in charge has gone to the US. interesting House of Hardcore has already announced a tour for 2017. So I assume OCW will rebrand in some form.

I went to MCW for the first time last night with a group of people. A couple of us are wrestling diehards, a couple watched it as kids but not really anymore and a couple of others think wrestling is stupid but came along cos it was my birthday the other day and thought it would be interesting enough to check out. Every one of us loved it and had a ball. The crowd was decent and got into it, the drinks were relatively cheap and it was just pretty fun to get in to. Everyone came away saying they'd definitely go again and wanting to make it a regular thing. Not sure we'll make the next one cos I'll be away that weekend but definitely keen to check it out again.

Was hoping Slater would win the main event, that Adam(?) Brooks was such a smirking scumbag I wanted to see the smile slapped off his face.

Anyone know when the next Thornbury show would be? I think it's Ballroom Brawl, but can't find dates anywhere

Last edited:
I went to MCW for the first time last night with a group of people. A couple of us are wrestling diehards, a couple watched it as kids but not really anymore and a couple of others think wrestling is stupid but came along cos it was my birthday the other day and thought it would be interesting enough to check out. Every one of us loved it and had a ball. The crowd was decent and got into it, the drinks were relatively cheap and it was just pretty fun to get in to. Everyone came away saying they'd definitely go again and wanting to make it a regular thing. Not sure we'll make the next one cos I'll be away that weekend but definitely keen to check it out again.

Was hoping Slater would win the main event, that Adam(?) Brooks was such a smirking scumbag I wanted to see the smile slapped off his face.

Anyone know when the next Thornbury show would be? I think it's Ballroom Brawl, but can't find dates anywhere
Slater is a Wrestle Rampage guy, so not surprised the MCW guy went over.

I highly recommend Wrestle Rampage, they put on fantastic wrestling shows!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back