Movie bad actors

Remove this Banner Ad

tonk

Premiership Player
Jun 3, 2008
over there
AFL Club
Sydney
My girlfriend has just told me she is going to watch a DVD with Clive Owen in it. I told her that Owen was a fraud i.e. a crap actor who just keeps being employed because he is well known. We have a few of these in Australia, here's a sample;
Vince Colosimo, they don't make actors like Vince anymore, they threw away the wood, Carlton supporter.
Colin Friels, a great bloke who will tell you himself he can't act at all.(Swans supporter)
David Wenham, this bloke really thinks he is the goods, an appallingly talentless twit who is only redeemed by being a Swans fanatic.
Jack Thompson, the only reason this bloke works is because he was around when nobody else was doing it. (always stoned:thumbsu:)
Bill Hunter, good old one note Bill, he might be ok if he could sober up for long enough to read the script.
Later I will give you my list of 'good' actors.

Bill Hunter, good old one note Bill, he might be ok if he could sober up for long enough to read the script.
Later I will give you my list of 'good' actors.

i think the black angus is a good actor

its obviously a personal thing and comes down to taste

personally i cant stand Sean Bean, de niro nails him in ronin, maybe that was sean acting badly, but i was ecstatic when de niro "ambushed" him

i think the black angus is a good actor

its obviously a personal thing and comes down to taste

personally i cant stand Sean Bean, de niro nails him in ronin, maybe that was sean acting badly, but i was ecstatic when de niro "ambushed" him

Yeah Bill was great in a lot of his early stuff (loved him in Newsfront) but these days he pretty much phones it in.

Nicholas Cage and Kevin Costner own this thread.

hugh jackman

He was fantastic in 'The Fountain' which is also a wonderful movie.

My worst actor ever. The man who single handedly ruined Darth Vader, this man in Star Wars was the worst acting I have ever seen ever.

13328__hayden_l.jpg

He has fantastic in 'The Fountain' which is also a wonderful movie.

My worst actor ever. The man who single handedly ruined Darth Vader, this man in Star Wars was the worst acting I have ever seen ever.

13328__hayden_l.jpg

good call but generally hes terrible

and agree with young darth vadar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicolas Cage, talk about a fall from grace. He was deadly in those quirky late 80s roles. I'm talking Raising Arizona, Wild At Heart, Moonstruck. Things just started to go horribly wrong in the early 90s with Guarding Tess, It Could Happen To You, and Kiss Of Death, all phoned-in performances.

I still maintain that the worst thing to happen to him was The Rock. A quality action film, I'll grant you, and he's not exactly terrible in it, but it was a huge hit and led him down the path well travelled, rather than sending him back to his roots in more challenging and idiosyncratic fare.

But then there's always Adaptation. He's great in that.

He is definitely number one, then Tom Cruise & his ex Nicole.

OH & Brad Pitt, unless he plays the part of a looney, then he is great, just can't play straight roles.

Agree with all that has been said except for this one.

Alot of actors get by purely on reputation alone once they have made it but Brad Pitt is an amazing actor. Just to name a few Se7en, Fight Club, Snatch, Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Burn After Reading are all great films and he plays his role perfectly in all of them.

Tom Cruise - plays Tom Cruise in every role.

Kevin Costner - has the emotional range of an Easter Island statue.

Keanu Reeves - at least tries different roles, but should have stuck with his Bill & Ted character. Unintentionally hilarious in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Colin Farrell (was good in 'In Bruges' though). Just awful.

Heath Ledger was pretty awful for a long time, then somehow got really good (I mean that sincerely). Then died. Yet Colin Farrell lives. Go figure.

He is definitely number one, then Tom Cruise & his ex Nicole.

OH & Brad Pitt, unless he plays the part of a looney, then he is great, just can't play straight roles.
Tom Cruise? you seriously have no bloody idea.

Christian Bale
Sandra Bullock
Jason Statham
Nick Cage
Keanu Reeves
Daniel Radcliffe
Marky Mark Walhberg

Chris Klein
Kristin Kreuk
Don "The Dragon" Wilson

Haha, you watched Street Fighter I'm guessing?

Colin Farrell (was good in 'In Bruges' though). Just awful.

Heath Ledger was pretty awful for a long time, then somehow got really good (I mean that sincerely). Then died. Yet Colin Farrell lives. Go figure.

I call bullshit. Name the roles Ledger was awful in?

Tom Cruise? you seriously have no bloody idea.

Christian Bale

Sandra Bullock
Jason Statham
Nick Cage
Keanu Reeves
Daniel Radcliffe
Marky Mark Walhberg

American Psycho, Rescue Dawn, The Machinist, The Prestige, Batman Begins and 3:10 to Yuma.
Needless to say he is easily one of the better actors of his generation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back