Bad Neighbours - Tonights story

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you access his power box? If not, let's * with him. What's his address?

This is a bit of an interesting one. I think I'll do it in dot points. This all happened a couple weeks ago.

- my flatmate was meant to receive an upgrade/ new phone, it was being sent to her by Vodafone
- postie arrives with the postal slip to pick it up from the post office.
- postal slip doesn't have the flat number on it (there's two flats on the property)
- tries both flats: no one is home at both of them
- decides to guess which one the postal slip belongs to.
- guesses wrong
- Meanwhile flatmate receives an email from Voda "confirming the delivery of the mobile phone" er what.
- Goes to post office to enquire. Sees a postal slip signed "flatmtes name" and go to CC footage showing our next door neighbour picking up the phone.
- No sign of neighbour or phone.
- Flatmate gives neighbour 2 days to come forward. Still no sign.
- Goes over, speaks to her. She acts all "confused", still doesn't confess even with the knowledge of the forged slip and CC footage.
- Is in the hands of the police.

Bad neighbours.

- Is in the hands of the police.

And so it should be.
But geez, in my 26 years of courier work, one thing that was drummed into me was that if you had a delivery for a block of flats, and you were unable to determine which unit the delivery goes to, bring it back to the office who would investigate further.
Also, with the proliferation ( I love that word ) of mobiles over the years, we were instructed to get the parcel only signed for by the person whose name is on the parcel, and after ID was sighted (unless otherwise directed by the sender).
Hope this is resolved to the satisfaction of your flatmate.

And so it should be.
But geez, in my 26 years of courier work, one thing that was drummed into me was that if you had a delivery for a block of flats, and you were unable to determine which unit the delivery goes to, bring it back to the office who would investigate further.

The postie was "new" to the job apparently. ;)

But yeah just an amazing comedy of errors- Vodafone not addressing it properly, postie error, then no ID check at the Post Office. The thing that annoys me most about this (if I was in my flatmates place) isn't the phone necessarily -she didn't pay for it, was a free upgrade- was the neighbour signing her name, like wtf, that is just way over the line it's not funny.

The weird thing is we've never had one problem with this lady and she seemed lovely. Not to mention us doing favours for her- like looking the other way when they were using ****ing power tools to all hours of the night doing rennos when they first moved in and we collected their mail when they were on holidays.

Collected. their. mail.

:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a pretty bad bunch a few years ago. Single mum and her son. Son was absolute drop kick, mum could probably be called an alcoholic. Screaming and shouting at each other day in day out. My room was on the side my house which they were on. One night, while i was trying to sleep, the mum had obviously hard far to much to drink and was rambling on to herself, complaining about her son and how she didn't deserve any of this, and then complaining about the neighbourhood. The mum had one of the most rough, gravelly voices I've heard. It was quite sad to listen too. One day my dad noticed that we were missing a few things from our backyard and shed. We had a look for them and found them in the tree in next doors backyard. The feral son was trying to make a treehouse for him and his mates, so they decided to take some of our stuff... And place it perfectly in out sight. After a few weeks of not hearing anything from them, we noticed some new neighbours next door, much quieter which is nice. I've heard some stories from some people that the son is jail at the moment after being the driver in a police chase with him and his mates.

My neighbor's son did some dodgy car work in my neighbors garage. Despite several warnings from the police and numerous threats from neighbors he continued to do it. One day one of my cousins was walking down the footpath and this guy basically ran him over. Went to prison for a little bit but is out now and we still see him come over in some s**t box with a s**t modification from time to time.

P.S. my cousin was fine, just a few bumps and scratches. It was more the warnings and stuff that got him sent to prison.

Update on the phone story.

- No sign of the cops, nothing re. the neighbour being brought to justice.
- Australia Post whose basically was most at fault refuses to cough up any $$ to replace the phone.
- Flatmate is sending a stat dec to Vodafone and they will replace the phone apparently.
- Mum is throwing a birthday party for her son today, wonder if one of his present's was a brand new phone.

Bad neighbours.

I have a nephew who left a car under my house.

On another note not really a bad neighbour but an annoying one. A few weeks ago my neighbour came to me and said, "I've arranged for a new fence to be built between our two places. The guy's starting tomorrow. If you could give me half that would be great". I was a bit perplexed as there was nothing wrong with the fence. The next day the fence guy came and put up a new fence around his whole yard so it was obvious that he just wanted a new fence around his property. He came the next day and gave me the quote for the section between our two yards. I'm a bit annoyed that he just told me and didn't ask me and just expects me to fork up and that I was given no say on the kind of fence or who did it. Should I pay up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back