Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Team:
B: A.Sewell S.Newton R.Waight
HB: B.Chambers S.Clarke Jar.Edwards (dar)
C: N.Blomeley B.Jordan M.Pitt
HF: D.Chester B.Anderson S.Millward
F: J.Lobb D.Jordan I.Smith
R: D.Weymouth B.Taylor J.Smith
I: J.Edwards, B.Porter, C.Banwell, P.Cariss, J.Kroj, T.Shea

Interleague squad has been announced. Any surprise inclusions or exclusions from your points of view?

Battistello
Matt
Lakers

Foster
Mick
Lakers

McMahon
Paul
Lakers

McGuigan
Chris
Lakers

Malone
Tim
Lakers

Paige
Mick
Lakers

Pring
Nathan
Lakers

Taylor
Ben
Lakers

Weymouth
Daniel
Lakers

Banwell
Chris
East Point

Jordan
Dan
East Point

Gilbert
Ned
East Point

Kitchin
Sam
East Point

Jennings
Adam
East Point

Anderson
Nathan
Ballarat

Sewell
Adam
Ballarat

Thornton
Chris
Ballarat

Prockter
Chris
Ballarat

Nunn
Mark
Ballarat

McGregor
Will
Ballarat

Harkin
Sam
Ballarat

Brennan
Aaron
Ballarat

Bruechert
Kurt
Sebastopol

Wills
Chris
Sebastopol

Jenkins
Sam
Sebastopol

McNamara
Jason
Nth City

Howard
Sam
Nth City

Ross- Smith
Daniel
Nth City

Blomeley
Nathan
Redan

Chester
Dean
Redan

Edwards
Jarrod
Redan

Horebury
Nathan
Redan

Knowles
Ryan
Redan

Peace
Brendan
Redan

Pitt
Matt
Redan

Waight
Ryan
Redan

Smith
Isaac
Redan

Bridges
Jake
Redan

Giblett
Sam
Redan

Anderson
Ben
Sunbury

Barham
Jordan
Sunbury

Chambers
Brett
Sunbury

Clarke
Simon
Sunbury

Jordan
Ben
Sunbury

Lobb
Jamie
Sunbury

Millward
Shannon
Sunbury

Petran
James
Sunbury

Sharp
Rod
Sunbury

Carris
Pat
Sunbury

Smith
Jessie
Sunbury

O'Connor
Alan
Sunbury

Robinson
Peter
Sunbury

Porter
Brendan
Melton

Gordon
Chris
Melton

Melton

Senserrick
Chris
Melton Sth

Sutton
Matthew
Melton Sth

Thomas
Doug
Melton Sth

Kroj
Jeremy
Melton Sth

Edwards
Jarrod
Darley

Edwards
Jake
Darley

McGill
Chris
Darley

Leonard
Darren
Darley

Newton
Sam
Darley

Dryden
Brent
Darley

Shea
Tyson
Bacchus Marsh
Thought form was one of the criteria altough bit hard after only one game, as usual they have just gone for some reputations, many over rated!!:thumbsdown:

Signs are good for Sunba but i can not go past Redan. They have 8 players that ave played Vfl and would be one of the strongest teams in country Victoria.

I reckon Sunba would have more than 8 with VFL/equivalent experience Kings, it's just that a the Redan guys have played at the 1 club.
- Didn't think the Marsh could get worse but they somehow have.
- Bad start for South they are gonna need that soft draw
- Find out more about the improving Swans this week against East Point
- Lakers and Redan..clearly match of the round
- Sunbury and Melton to win the Anzac games
- BFL squad..who cares? make it Edwards v GFL:thumbsdown:

I reckon Sunba would have more than 8 with VFL/equivalent experience Kings, it's just that a the Redan guys have played at the 1 club.
- Didn't think the Marsh could get worse but they somehow have.
- Bad start for South they are gonna need that soft draw
- Find out more about the improving Swans this week against East Point
- Lakers and Redan..clearly match of the round
- Sunbury and Melton to win the Anzac games
- BFL squad..who cares? make it Edwards v GFL:thumbsdown:

Wow... Someone on the Bal FL thread that actually posts football without being abusive, such a breath of fresh air.. Hopefully some people involved in this thread and representing this competitions thoughts and real stories can start to contribute a little more, without the abusive rubbish.. Might actually be able to get the talk about this league back on track...

Word through is Redan and Lakers drew today. Redan smashed them early but then Lakers were very good and unlucky not to win the game. Good signs for the comp with Lakers are genuine threat.

Expecting a big crowd up at the Sunbury Vs Melton South tonight, looking forward to seeing what the Bal FL is all about in 2010.. :thumbsu:

Score anyone??

Not on country footy scores and also interested if anyone watched how the recruit Ben Anderson has gone in the last 2 games for Sunbury??

Score anyone??

Not on country footy scores and also interested if anyone watched how the recruit Ben Anderson has gone in the last 2 games for Sunbury??

Sunba won by 7 goals. It was only a goal the difference at half time and South were in the game. Jessie Smith was very good as was Cullian who kicked 7 but should have kicked 10. Anderson was good and will be very handy for the Lions. Good crowd - but very disappointing there are no beer tents set up.

Anderson was very good for Sunbury, the drive from the middle of the ground was much more impressive when Anderson went into the ruck. South tried hard but in the end Sunbury's class was just too much for them. Jesse Smith was Sunbury's best when the heat was on, Rod Sharp was very good, gave the Lions plenty of run off the half back line and his disposal is very good... Cullinan dominated the Lions forward 50, Sahlberg was very good on a wing. Antonowicz was South's best player until he was forced from the ground with either a thigh or groin injury, while he was on the ground, South seemed in with a shot.. At times it looked as though he had some of the Lions players physically intimidated, his loss was well and truly felt. Sunbury took complete control after he left the ground and kicked the last 5 of the game to win by 7 goals.

Which means the night was a failure then.

It's time for the Sunbury Football Club to get it priorities right.

They are trying to get a liquer licence to sell beer after 6pm. With all the trouble in the city it is very hard to extend a licence. To by a can of Carlton was $5 for non members and $2.90 for members. Members were the only ones allowed to take the cans out of the social club and watch the game.

They are trying to get a liquer licence to sell beer after 6pm. With all the trouble in the city it is very hard to extend a licence. To by a can of Carlton was $5 for non members and $2.90 for members. Members were the only ones allowed to take the cans out of the social club and watch the game.
A bit stiff for Sunba, they would normally have expected to make 10K - 20K from their opening 2 home games under lights on the outside bar.
Maybe more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jokes aside that is going to be a major issue for Sunba going forward, especially with the differing beer prices for members & non-members which I assume is part of the social clubs liquer licence.

Outside of the beer issue what's been the reception to the night games so far KA?

Jokes aside that is going to be a major issue for Sunba going forward, especially with the differing beer prices for members & non-members which I assume is part of the social clubs liquer licence.

Outside of the beer issue what's been the reception to the night games so far KA?

The reception has been great - the Darley game had the biggest gate at a Sunbury game since joining the BalFL. Again on Sunday the crowd was a lot bigger than a day game. You get players from Gisborne coming to watch Sharp and when fit Barham, alot of Riddell players, as a lot played at Sunba and with the Power connection and in general alot of RDFL players and coaches also come where they could not in the past because their teams were playing at the same time.

Sunba lights are fantastic as well. With such a big ground I was not sure how good the lighting would be.

They really need the licence to be exteneded - but it does not hurt the football club - just the social club. The social club give the football club a set amount each year and take the profits for beer sales. The Riddell and Diggers people fighting the week before won't help the cause.

Sunba have 3 games this year which I think they will try and extened next year. I also think if they finish in a position to host a final then it will be played at night.

The reception has been great - the Darley game had the biggest gate at a Sunbury game since joining the BalFL. Again on Sunday the crowd was a lot bigger than a day game. You get players from Gisborne coming to watch Sharp and when fit Barham, alot of Riddell players, as a lot played at Sunba and with the Power connection and in general alot of RDFL players and coaches also come where they could not in the past because their teams were playing at the same time.

Sunba lights are fantastic as well. With such a big ground I was not sure how good the lighting would be.

They really need the licence to be exteneded - but it does not hurt the football club - just the social club. The social club give the football club a set amount each year and take the profits for beer sales. The Riddell and Diggers people fighting the week before won't help the cause.

Sunba have 3 games this year which I think they will try and extened next year. I also think if they finish in a position to host a final then it will be played at night.
yeah i think night games are a top way to boost crowd numbers, and should happen more often. but i think the only grounds available to full night games (rather than twilight) would be sunba, northern oval and hopefully eastern oval very soon. could anywhere else host night games??

yeah i think night games are a top way to boost crowd numbers, and should happen more often. but i think the only grounds available to full night games (rather than twilight) would be sunba, northern oval and hopefully eastern oval very soon. could anywhere else host night games??

Nth City is the only other team hosting a night game this year. I would think if the Eastern Oval had night games then crowds would be big. Temas from Ballarat that played during the day would be able to attend night games. Especially if it is 2 strong teams.

If the BFL schedule night games in Ballarat, I hope they make sure they are between Ballarat based clubs.
Standing in the outer on a zero degree night does not appeal to anyone down here.

If the BFL schedule night games in Ballarat, I hope they make sure they are between Ballarat based clubs.
Standing in the outer on a zero degree night does not appeal to anyone down here.

I am sure they would be - Sunba's 3 night games are against the 3 ex RDFL sides.

Another thing worth noting when it comes to night matches is the travel aspect. People may be less likely to travel up/down the freeway if they probably not going to get back home until midnight.

Glad to hear about the good response to the night games at Clarke Oval :thumbsu:

Really good weekend of footy this weekend. Some very hard games to tip.

Ballarat V Redan - Ballarat on top of the ladder against the best side in the comp - the last 2 premiers. Redan by 22 pts

Sebas V Nth City - 2 nuffy teams anything could happen - draw

Lakers V East - East on the bottom of the ladder - a must win. Lakers by 28pts

Sunba V Melton - 2 of the 3 undefeated sides. Sunba by 20 pts

Darley V Marsh - the exception - Darley by 66 pts.

Really good weekend of footy this weekend. Some very hard games to tip.

Ballarat V Redan - Ballarat on top of the ladder against the best side in the comp - the last 2 premiers. Redan by 22 pts

Sebas V Nth City - 2 nuffy teams anything could happen - draw

Lakers V East - East on the bottom of the ladder - a must win. Lakers by 28pts

Sunba V Melton - 2 of the 3 undefeated sides. Sunba by 20 pts

Darley V Marsh - the exception - Darley by 66 pts.

Can't disagree with those tips Kings...
- Should have idea of Ballarat's potential after playing the Premiers. Redan's midfield is awesome! Quality game.
- Sebas/Nth City...zzzzzzz!
- Lakers by a lazy 8 goals
- Sunbury's fitness to outrun competitive Bloods.
- Devils in a canter

Agree with all that the night games are great for local fans and players of other clubs...a real social evening at Clarke Oval last week. Winter is likely to be too damn cold and slippery...need the bonfire and a ready supply of cans to enjoy those nights.

Wasn't there lights going in at either Eastern or City Oval a few years back?

Can't disagree with those tips Kings...
- Should have idea of Ballarat's potential after playing the Premiers. Redan's midfield is awesome! Quality game.
- Sebas/Nth City...zzzzzzz!
- Lakers by a lazy 8 goals
- Sunbury's fitness to outrun competitive Bloods.
- Devils in a canter

Agree with all that the night games are great for local fans and players of other clubs...a real social evening at Clarke Oval last week. Winter is likely to be too damn cold and slippery...need the bonfire and a ready supply of cans to enjoy those nights.

Wasn't there lights going in at either Eastern or City Oval a few years back?

yeah lights at eastern oval are 90 done, they're all up, just waiting for powercor to get some power across the railway line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back