Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all this debate about Gisborne, I haven't seen anywhere where it says what will happen to their juniors. (I assume they would have a junior arm to the club.)
I see three teams of football (I suppose senior reserve U18) and two of netball (senior and reserve) being talked about.
Are their juniors currently playing in the Bendigo League and would they come with the senior club to Ballarat?
I think would be a bit silly to have the two arms of the same club playing in different leagues. Doesnt do much for club development and a clear pathway for kids to progress.
They could be lost to the club and that would be a waste of effort.
Come one, come all I say.

In all this debate about Gisborne, I haven't seen anywhere where it says what will happen to their juniors. (I assume they would have a junior arm to the club.)
I see three teams of football (I suppose senior reserve U18) and two of netball (senior and reserve) being talked about.
Are their juniors currently playing in the Bendigo League and would they come with the senior club to Ballarat?
I think would be a bit silly to have the two arms of the same club playing in different leagues. Doesnt do much for club development and a clear pathway for kids to progress.
They could be lost to the club and that would be a waste of effort.
Come one, come all I say.
Nothing will change with the Gisborne juniors. They play in the Riddell district junior football league along with Sunbury, Melton South and Melton.

Thats another reason this whole thing seems to make sense

Will Greg Cannard be bringing back the mullet to the Gisborne sidelines? Maybe he could cut a bit off and lend it to Sharpy who is clearly balding!

How do you buy success for 10 years? Tall poppy syndrome at its best - because a club becomes one of the best in country football they brought it. Majority of premiership players lived in the Gis area or went to school there. But if it makes you sleep better at night by dragging a great club down then you really are a small little man/women.

by not seeing the signs, by spending more than you earn, by using up the all clubs $$$$ reserves. in a word - mismanagement. you keep your head in the sand thats why the club is in the financial mess its in now. i not bringing the club down - thats already been done. yes most lived there but to much money was wasted and now they are gone. you do the sums on that one. its taken 10 years for this to happen who knows how long it will take to become stong again.

by not seeing the signs, by spending more than you earn, by using up the all clubs $$$$ reserves. in a word - mismanagement. you keep your head in the sand thats why the club is in the financial mess its in now. i not bringing the club down - thats already been done. yes most lived there but to much money was wasted and now they are gone. you do the sums on that one. its taken 10 years for this to happen who knows how long it will take to become stong again.

So if Gissy play finals next year in a stronger comp we can bump you posts and you will say sorry for your terrible guess work about Gissy's financial state? Spurt is an interesting name - maybe something your old man should have done into the sheets the night you were conceived. Unless you can PM Gissy's bottom line then all you have is garbage throw away lines. "spending more than you earn" "financial mess" - I am still trying to work out if your a man or women or maybe you have bits from both. Tall poppy SR and you are now looking silly as BalFL deperately want them and BenFL desperately want to keep them.

Has someone got the finals next week? Darley V Redan, Lakers V Sunba, East V Ballarat??

The finals are up on the BFL website.

Saturday 29th August 2009

Qualifying Finals – City Oval

Seniors

Redan V Darley

Reserves

East Point v Darley

Under 18.5’s

East Point V Redan

Saturday 29th August 2009

1st Elimination Finals (3rd V 6th) – Eastern Oval

Seniors

East Point V Ballarat

Reserves

Lake Wendouree V Sunbury

Under 18.5’s

North Ballarat City V Sunbury

Sunday 31st August 2008

2nd Elimination Finals (4th V 5th) - Eastern Oval

Seniors

Lake Wendouree V Sunbury

Reserves

Redan V Melton South

Under 18.5’s

Ballarat V Lake Wendouree

Nothing will change with the Gisborne juniors. They play in the Riddell district junior football league along with Sunbury, Melton South and Melton.

Thats another reason this whole thing seems to make sense

Thanks for clearing that up for me: I didnt know which league they played in.
You are right: it does make sense and might actually work better for the club.

Thanks for clearing that up for me: I didnt know which league they played in.
You are right: it does make sense and might actually work better for the club.
Our strength has always come from our juniors - and with Gisborne flogging Sunbury by 10 goals in the u16 Grand final yesterday - the future looks good.

What i find staggering at the moment is the off field misdemeanours that everyones favourite george king winner finds himself in (Mr Michael Dodd). Not only is he not a fan of monogomy but he has gone to far enough lengths to upset their junior players that Alex Schwarzenberg turned on him and punched him up at a club function last weekend. Now surely after getting chased out of Ballan for social misdeamenours and being walked out on by those that are closest to you- the bell has to ring and say "Mikey, get your act together you Mizouri lookalike". But no! old mighty proceeds to pick on an emo kid who downed him like Pos did to Phil Ballard at the Royal a few months ago. You cant love, play footy, coach or fight Mike.....So pack the boat up and go fishing you half wit

What i find staggering at the moment is the off field misdemeanours that everyones favourite george king winner finds himself in (Mr Michael Dodd). Not only is he not a fan of monogomy but he has gone to far enough lengths to upset their junior players that Alex Schwarzenberg turned on him and punched him up at a club function last weekend. Now surely after getting chased out of Ballan for social misdeamenours and being walked out on by those that are closest to you- the bell has to ring and say "Mikey, get your act together you Mizouri lookalike". But no! old mighty proceeds to pick on an emo kid who downed him like Pos did to Phil Ballard at the Royal a few months ago. You cant love, play footy, coach or fight Mike.....So pack the boat up and go fishing you half wit

Alex Schwarzenberg? Very rare to hear a name like that post-1942. I wonder how his descendants avoided the SS. Maybe they were on Schindler's list.

Regardless, I guarantee that this will be the only time that Alex Schwarzenberg and Phil Ballard are mentioned on Big Footy ... unless, of course, someone starts a thread called 'People who cry at pubs'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

East Point to challenge ban

BY TIM O'CONNOR
25/08/2009 12:18:00 AM
AS it stands, key East Point player Tom Blackford will miss his team's crucial Ballarat Football League senior elimination final against Ballarat on Saturday.
Blackford, who was forced to sit out the weekend's final home and away round after his case was deferred, was handed a one-match ban for striking Sunbury's Ross Sleight by the Ballarat Central Independent Tribunal last night.
But East Point has asked that the matter be forwarded to the BFL, believing Blackford's penalty of missing Saturday's clash with Melton South should be counted as the one-match suspension. The club believes a similar set
of circumstances, in another Victorian Country Football League competition, had seen a player return after already serving the ban while the case was pending.
Blackford was originally expected to accept a set one-match ban before the Lions took up their right to have the case heard before tribunal.
Blackford pleaded guilty at last night's hearing for striking Sleight during the first quarter at Sunbury's Clarke Oval on August 15.
The tribunal heard evidence from Blackford, the boundary umpire who laid the report and Sleight, via phone, before making its decision.
Sleight, who had the job of tagging Blackford, was heard to have initially made contact with Blackford, forcing him to the ground, before being struck with a clenched right fist to the head. The impact saw Sleight sent from
the field under the blood rule before returning later in the opening term.
Sleight played in Sunbury's big victory over Bacchus Marsh on Saturday.
Blackford, who was handed his first football suspension last night, has been a major part of the Kangaroos' success this season, having booted 15 goals and being named in the best at least half a dozen times.

Disgrace, wonder what someone from Darley or Sunba would have got, most likely 4 weeks.

Tips for 1st week of finals.

Redan v Darley - Redan in a close one.
East Point v Ballarat - Nunn(s) Otto(s) McGregor & Allen big inclusions.
Lakers v Sunbury - Sunbury flying. Lakers are not.

Has Brad Miller played since representing Vic Country?

how can someone plead guilty to striking and still only get 1 week .Urch got 4 weeks,O'conner got 4 weeks also .The bfl need to have a good look at the consistency of their so called "independant tribunal" and the board are trying to say there is no favouritism in the league.

how can someone plead guilty to striking and still only get 1 week .Urch got 4 weeks,O'conner got 4 weeks also .The bfl need to have a good look at the consistency of their so called "independant tribunal" and the board are trying to say there is no favouritism in the league.

Yep given that the precedent has been set in the Urch case, Blackford should've got 3-4 at least.

Inconsistancy at it's finest. :cool:

Yep given that the precedent has been set in the Urch case, Blackford should've got 3-4 at least.

Inconsistancy at it's finest. :cool:

Does anyone from Ballarat want to still fly the flag that the Eastern Bloc teams are on the same level as Ballarat teams? Pleaded guilty to punching someone in the face and causing 4 stiches with the strike. This is a disgrace. Lets hope Blackford stays in the BalFL in 2010. Weak dog!!

Like Sam Giblett said- "We are so lucky because of where we live, we get to hang out with the umpires socially and word up tribunal members about cases in the street". All of this with a jovial chuckle- You cant blame people for praying for an atomic bomb to hit Ballarat in general.

Does anyone from Ballarat want to still fly the flag that the Eastern Bloc teams are on the same level as Ballarat teams? Pleaded guilty to punching someone in the face and causing 4 stiches with the strike. This is a disgrace. Lets hope Blackford stays in the BalFL in 2010. Weak dog!!
Get a life KA. Sooky la la!:eek:

Alex Schwarzenberg? Very rare to hear a name like that post-1942. I wonder how his descendants avoided the SS. Maybe they were on Schindler's list.

Regardless, I guarantee that this will be the only time that Alex Schwarzenberg and Phil Ballard are mentioned on Big Footy ... unless, of course, someone starts a thread called 'People who cry at pubs'.

oh please ive never seen ethier two of them cry at any pub, only thing i see is people hating them for having too much fun. ******s.

oh please ive never seen ethier two of them cry at any pub, only thing i see is people hating them for having too much fun. ******s.
Too much fun????? hahah. One has red hair and the other has a surname shared by 14 victims from the Dachau concentration camp in world war 2. Phil Ballard wasn't having too much fun the last two times Pos jumped on his head at the Royal and Schwarzenberg got beat by a bloke who's fight record was 0 wins, 17 losses and 1 headclash knockout draw (Guthridge). Hardly a reason to have fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back