Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much fun????? hahah. One has red hair and the other has a surname shared by 14 victims from the Dachau concentration camp in world war 2. Phil Ballard wasn't having too much fun the last two times Pos jumped on his head at the Royal and Schwarzenberg got beat by a bloke who's fight record was 0 wins, 17 losses and 1 headclash knockout draw (Guthridge). Hardly a reason to have fun...

Yeah and pos jumped on his head for what reason? you blokes are all the same! your lives are that shit you get a kick outta going down to your local pub and starting a fight every weekend. good life! really really sounds fun! fu*king id love to be as grouse and guthridge and pos.
p.s guthgridge didnt do f*ck all from what i seen.

I would love to be drawn into an extensive debate with you over town dominance but im not one to waste pages of cyber ink on insignificant groups of people like the Bacchus Marsh footy club. Like a great man said "if you aint first- YOUR LAST!"

So while Schwarzenberg and Cheeky Phil nurse their sore heads and Mick Dodd browses his thesaurus to find appropriate words to explain his social behaviour to his family AGAIN- we will just be up in Ballarat playing finals footy pal. Feel free to get comfy and snug in the local pubs throughout the day cause we will be back about 7pm and then it will be home time for you guys cause we will kick you out- AGAIN...

I would love to be drawn into an extensive debate with you over town dominance but im not one to waste pages of cyber ink on insignificant groups of people like the Bacchus Marsh footy club. Like a great man said "if you aint first- YOUR LAST!"

So while Schwarzenberg and Cheeky Phil nurse their sore heads and Mick Dodd browses his thesaurus to find appropriate words to explain his social behaviour to his family AGAIN- we will just be up in Ballarat playing finals footy pal. Feel free to get comfy and snug in the local pubs throughout the day cause we will be back about 7pm and then it will be home time for you guys cause we will kick you out- AGAIN...

Schwarzenburg is nursing sweet f*ck all from saturday night, maybe his nursing being grouse. but his used to that.

oh also! goodluck on the weekend! i really mean that with all my heart xoxoxo

Tips for 1st week of finals.

Redan v Darley - Redan in a close one.
East Point v Ballarat - Nunn(s) Otto(s) McGregor & Allen big inclusions.
Lakers v Sunbury - Sunbury flying. Lakers are not.

Has Brad Miller played since representing Vic Country?

- Redan, just. Darley win would not surprise.
- East Point by miles, or Ballarat by less than a kick. East Point should win easily but might be fragile if it's close.
- Sunbury - agreed.

Schwarzenburg is nursing sweet f*ck all from saturday night, maybe his nursing being grouse. but his used to that.

Now that Dion has been sacked are you and ya mates going to go back to your pathetic club after you deserted it when it was on its knees.

get in the back

taj mahal you know shredda

Just nursing a bruised ego and the humility of being beaten up by someone with a record featuring more losses than your pathetic footy club. If you are all so grouse as you put it- then why do we bang all the skirt in the town? why do we win all the footy and netball games? why do we win all the fights and why dont we let you stay in the pub when we think its time you left? oh and lastly- why did Mick Dodd get thrown out of home at the start of the year?

Tips for this week:

Redan v Devils - Even though the Devils won the only encounter during the year, both sides have many changes to their lineups. Hard to judge, Redan have won 10 in a row, Devils with all their players back and looking fit for the first time this year. Will be close.

East v Ballarat - East by plenty. Surely after the season they have had, they cannot let this one slip. The redheads lift at this time of year, but cannot see it happening here.

Lakers v Sunba - Sunbury have hardly beaten a top side all year, except for their smashing of East a few weeks ago.

Three cracking games of footy expected, hopefully the Ballarat weather stands up.

Tips for this week:

Redan v Devils - Even though the Devils won the only encounter during the year, both sides have many changes to their lineups. Hard to judge, Redan have won 10 in a row, Devils with all their players back and looking fit for the first time this year. Will be close.

East v Ballarat - East by plenty. Surely after the season they have had, they cannot let this one slip. The redheads lift at this time of year, but cannot see it happening here.

Lakers v Sunba - Sunbury have hardly beaten a top side all year, except for their smashing of East a few weeks ago.

Three cracking games of footy expected, hopefully the Ballarat weather stands up.

dryden been playing lately lbb?
if so how has he been travelling ?

dryden been playing lately lbb?
if so how has he been travelling ?

Drydon has been great. Second best last week and getting fitter. I cant pick a winner out of Darley Vs Redan. Redan are finals proven, Darley arent necessarily. Devils claim full strength but i dont agree. Still two senior players in the 2's that have to come in for side to be full strength. Redan are better than when the devils met them last and the devils are worse (on recent form) in my opinion. Miller hasnt played in 5, Edwards and Urch are first up from a spell. Darley have the best list by 10 goals but lists dont win you flags, managed lists do. The jury is out on the devils tomorrow but i still think they will win the flag cause they are the bet side. Lakers cant win- they cant play finals, East are terrible- count them out, Ballarat are no good and cant factor in the winners and Sunbury are always threat cause they are a fair dinkum club with a great history. Its Darley, Redan and Sunba the only hopes

Congrats to Redan for being the better mud wrestlers on the day. The umpires could hardly tell the difference between the two sides due to the mud, so the spectators had a fantatsic day. How anyone could charge money to watch that for 2 hours is kidding themselves.

Where is the grand final going to be played? I heard Eastern Oval is even worse than City Oval.

I look forward to playing at Darley Park this week to play some actual football, not just rolling in mud for 2 hours on a Saturday.

PS Can we send our dry cleaning bill to the BFL.

Congrats to Redan for being the better mud wrestlers on the day. The umpires could hardly tell the difference between the two sides due to the mud, so the spectators had a fantatsic day. How anyone could charge money to watch that for 2 hours is kidding themselves.

Where is the grand final going to be played? I heard Eastern Oval is even worse than City Oval.

I look forward to playing at Darley Park this week to play some actual football, not just rolling in mud for 2 hours on a Saturday.

Grand Final will be at Eastern Oval as will preliminary. Eastern Oval held up well(except centre wicket) considering amount of rain. No ground could have been worse than City Oval.

For the BFL's sake, I hope no one from the Gisborne Football Club were there to witness the conditions they will have to play under next year if they join. A disgrace.

Grand Final entertainment this year is 100 girls in bikini's wrestling in the mud. Thats the only way anyone would go watch football on those grounds.

get in the back goooon get in the back

Urch gone for the year with another hammy injury? What a waste off ALOT of money!

Darley, dont fall for the old trap off playing injured players in finals like you did last year with cheevers. Play players that are 100% fit. Thats what you have to do in finals. Miller, Urch, J. Edwards aren't fit. The 2nds will a flag before the seniors do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Urch gone for the year with another hammy injury? What a waste off ALOT of money!

Darley, dont fall for the old trap off playing injured players in finals like you did last year with cheevers. Play players that are 100% fit. Thats what you have to do in finals. Miller, Urch, J. Edwards aren't fit. The 2nds will a flag before the seniors do.
He does not get paid when he is not playing, so how is it a waste of money?

Anyone know how old Griffin from Sunbury is and what his year has been like? Been a great player for a long time but he was terrible yesterday constantly kicking the ball to the opposition, did he just have one of those days or has he lost it.

He does not get paid when he is not playing, so how is it a waste of money?
Its a waste if you pay him heaps during the year but you dont snaffle the prize.

By the way the muddy grounds are another part of the conspiracy on top of the umps, tribunal etc. Ballarat people know it never rains east of Ballan so they water the ground because the sides from the East cant handle the mud.

Its a waste if you pay him heaps during the year but you dont snaffle the prize.

By the way the muddy grounds are another part of the conspiracy on top of the umps, tribunal etc. Ballarat people know it never rains east of Ballan so they water the ground because the sides from the East cant handle the mud.
Playing finals on grounds with not one blade of grass on it went out 30 years ago, are you country folk that far behind?

Grand Final will be at Eastern Oval as will preliminary. Eastern Oval held up well(except centre wicket) considering amount of rain. No ground could have been worse than City Oval.

Eastern oval was a disgrace at the Sunday game, worst conditions seen in a long time, 2-3 inches of mud on almost the entire ground, 6 competitive teams in the top 6 wouldve been a great finals series, shame the grounds are so stuffed the quality is just going to be ruined.

The grounds out of Ballarat are in FAR better condition, they should move finals.

Eastern oval was a disgrace at the Sunday game, worst conditions seen in a long time, 2-3 inches of mud on almost the entire ground, 6 competitive teams in the top 6 wouldve been a great finals series, shame the grounds are so stuffed the quality is just going to be ruined.

The grounds out of Ballarat are in FAR better condition, they should move finals.
Apparently Eastern Oval is better than City Oval, so you can imagine the state of City Oval.

This week we should see a quality game of football at Darley, a nice firm track with no mud. Probably wont even suit Darley against Lakers as they are a quick ball moving side. But who cares, at least we will get to watch some football, not rubbish.

There are alot of people whining about the state of the grounds, you whine at the start of the year when they are too hard, now whining this time of year when they are too wet. Country footy is about adapting to the conditions you are facing at 2pm on a saturday afternoon week in week out, a good side will adapt and not whine about it. Harden up.

Apparently Eastern Oval is better than City Oval, so you can imagine the state of City Oval.

This week we should see a quality game of football at Darley, a nice firm track with no mud. Probably wont even suit Darley against Lakers as they are a quick ball moving side. But who cares, at least we will get to watch some football, not rubbish.

The Eastern is not close to City Oval. Only one end of the City oval is in bad nick (the end closer to the bowling club). The Eastern is just mud effectively from one end of the ground to the other. Our 18s have to play against Ballarat in Darley. Does this seem fair or illogical for two Ballarat-based sides to play out of town?

Fair point about the ground, but this time last week the eastern oval was in the best condition its been in all year (even darley have to admit the surface is usually spot on), but 2 - 3 inches of rain on saturday morning then 6 games on it, any ground would turn to s**t.
I blame it on the BFL for having 6 games in 2 days on an oval in that condition, if there was no games on sunday the ground would of pulled up fine

Fair point about the ground, but this time last week the eastern oval was in the best condition its been in all year (even darley have to admit the surface is usually spot on), but 2 - 3 inches of rain on saturday morning then 6 games on it, any ground would turn to s**t.
I blame it on the BFL for having 6 games in 2 days on an oval in that condition, if there was no games on sunday the ground would of pulled up fine
Agree, the week before finals Eastern Oval was in mint condition. Its a shame now as it is stuffed for the rest of the finals.

But City Oval has been crap all year, by the time the seniors started on Saturday is was the worst I have ever seen any ground. Would hate to see the state of Lakers ground as it was deemed not good enough to hold a game. Where else can they play the Ballarat games? No where, looks like we are stuck with what we have.

Lakers and Darley should make the most of this week on a decent ground.

The Eastern is not close to City Oval. Only one end of the City oval is in bad nick (the end closer to the bowling club). The Eastern is just mud effectively from one end of the ground to the other. Our 18s have to play against Ballarat in Darley. Does this seem fair or illogical for two Ballarat-based sides to play out of town?
get ya head out of your ass kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back