Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can any1 tell us who won 2day & who'll win next week??

Redan won by 20 pts after a very tight game all day. No more than a goal in it up until 3/4 time. Lakers could only manage a point in the last.
Redan doesnt like to lose grand finals (won 4 lost 1 in past 10 years) so will be keen for number 5 but East will be red hot to get some silverware for the trophy cabinet.
Redan by a goal or East by a couple. Toss the coin.

Redan won by 20 pts after a very tight game all day. No more than a goal in it up until 3/4 time. Lakers could only manage a point in the last.
Redan doesnt like to lose grand finals (won 4 lost 1 in past 10 years) so will be keen for number 5 but East will be red hot to get some silverware for the trophy cabinet.
Redan by a goal or East by a couple. Toss the coin.

If the merging dogs win will they get 2 cups? One for Golden Point and one for East Ballarat? Or if they choke again would they look to maybe take over Sebas to help finally get them over the line? If that does not work maybe the Lakers can also join them.

Thoughts?

Have heard that ricky allan gave a good preview of this weeks netball grand final at the henderson medal tonight?

.......whilst accepting the award for Netballer of the year for a ballarat lass that couldnt make it.

can anyone confirm this.........?

If the merging dogs win will they get 2 cups? One for Golden Point and one for East Ballarat? Or if they choke again would they look to maybe take over Sebas to help finally get them over the line? If that does not work maybe the Lakers can also join them.

Thoughts?
Sunbury are finished for 2009 and your irrelevant.

Congrats to Edwards for being the umpires golden boy for 4 straight years. He is a great player, but give us a break. The hendo is a farce.

Haha its laughable you conspiracy-theorists, Edwards is clearly the best. Lobb and Sutton also ran top 5. But, with the 3 best teams being Ballarat-based, is it any surprise that those teams have the best individuals?

Haha its laughable you conspiracy-theorists, Edwards is clearly the best. Lobb and Sutton also ran top 5. But, with the 3 best teams being Ballarat-based, is it any surprise that those teams have the best individuals?

The medal is based on home and away - Darley finished 2nd.

Ablett is clearly the best in the AFL - where is his 4 Brownlows in a row. It does not happen because the umps are not baised. Even Edwards would be embarrassed and should be asking the umps to tone it down from now on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The medal is based on home and away - Darley finished 2nd.

Ablett is clearly the best in the AFL - where is his 4 Brownlows in a row. It does not happen because the umps are not baised. Even Edwards would be embarrassed and should be asking the umps to tone it down from now on.

Yeah you're right. No blame can be put on Jezza though, like he says, he just plays football to the best of his ability and enjoys it, anything else is a bonus.

Didnt get to the match yesterday but was wondering
how did the young fella darcy watchorn go?

He went pretty well, showed a bit of touch and class. He wasn't strong enough to stick tackles at times which was to be expected, but clearly showed he is a good tallent. I imagine we won't get to see a lot more of him at Redan after this year as I would imagine the Rebels will snap him up, and Nathan Horbury is likely to play more Rebels games next year as well, so it is good to see them while they are available.

Just an outside opinion

I think its a fantastic effort for anyone to win 1 b&f but to win 4 in a row is absoutley outstanding.....

How old is edwards and why isnt he playing at a higher level????

Just an outside opinion

I think its a fantastic effort for anyone to win 1 b&f but to win 4 in a row is absoutley outstanding.....

He is around 30, and he did play for the North Ballarat Roosters in the VFL before moving to Redan with Julian Field a few years ago.

I agree with North Redan to win another flag and at the end of the year they will lose edwards to coach springbank and knowles to coach up bush. Maybe how they will pay for chester. Congrats must go to north redan for fielding a junior from their club. First one in 10 years!!!!

He went pretty well, showed a bit of touch and class. He wasn't strong enough to stick tackles at times which was to be expected, but clearly showed he is a good tallent. I imagine we won't get to see a lot more of him at Redan after this year as I would imagine the Rebels will snap him up, and Nathan Horbury is likely to play more Rebels games next year as well, so it is good to see them while they are available.

I'm pretty sure Horbury is ineligible to play with the rebels next year, he turned 18 the other day and its u/18 as at Jan 1

I agree with North Redan to win another flag and at the end of the year they will lose edwards to coach springbank and knowles to coach up bush. Maybe how they will pay for chester. Congrats must go to north redan for fielding a junior from their club. First one in 10 years!!!!

Have another beer mate to drown the sorrows of Ballarat's abysmal premiership defence

Just an outside opinion

yes edwards played at north ballarat but struggled to play seniors easy to win 4 in a row when you suck up and winge to the umpires all day,he is a good country league player but not great.The Henderson Medal is a joke and not taken seriously by anyone anymore

Just an outside opinion

He did play at Nth Ballarat - struggled and ended up winning a 2's B&F. End of the day he could not cut it at VFL and dropped back to the BalFL.

I would not get to carried away with a Ballarat award - the only people wo can win it are from Ballarat and voted by there friends in the town.

yes edwards played at north ballarat but struggled to play seniors easy to win 4 in a row when you suck up and winge to the umpires all day,he is a good country league player but not great.The Henderson Medal is a joke and not taken seriously by anyone anymore

That's why he captained the VCFL team. What a pack of sooks - just can't stand losing. Should be used to it by now.

Gisborne members voted last night regarding the switch of leagues and they have opted to stick with the bendigo league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back