BBL 04 Game 1 - Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better batsman than both of them though
No, he's not. I know he just destroyed the Stars but I'd take both as a bat ahead of him if Haddin went down tomorrow.

To say last night was amazing would be an understatement. Amazing hitting from Ludeman.

not sure why the stars didnt go the tonk at all in their innings. they were 1 for at the half way stage and did not push on at all. very poor batting. didnt have any assertion to try and even hit it in the air. the 18th over bowled by frank zappa went for 5 runs with the ball travelling along the carpet the whole time.

absolutely dreadful batting. i thought 180 should have been par but Ludeman and Co would have chased that down by the 13th over!!!

maybe it was the deeds of the good bowling from the strikers? apart from 2 half trackers from pollard, the stars were deplorable.

maybe the deadbacks should change their matador cup colour to blue permanently?!!

not sure why the stars didnt go the tonk at all in their innings. they were 1 for at the half way stage and did not push on at all. very poor batting. didnt have any assertion to try and even hit it in the air. the 18th over bowled by frank zappa went for 5 runs with the ball travelling along the carpet the whole time.

absolutely dreadful batting. i thought 180 should have been par but Ludeman and Co would have chased that down by the 13th over!!!

maybe it was the deeds of the good bowling from the strikers? apart from 2 half trackers from pollard, the stars were deplorable.

maybe the deadbacks should change their matador cup colour to blue permanently?!!
Yeah the amount of times the Stars defended the ball and hit straight to the fielders was far too high.

Being at the ground, I never realised the how much the Stars were struggling until around the 16th over mark. I guess I was too busy enjoying the decent bowling to look at the scoreboard. :D

Is it just me or are the Stars really short on bowlers? Bird is a gun but apart from that jeez. Wouldn't want to rely on Faulkner, Beer and and other bloke in a T20. Dave Hussey as good as he is is a bit of a surplus to needs. Maxwell can easily bat 4.

Hound have McKay in there in front of Hastings/rose

Hastings is a gun T20 player. Terrible comment.

Yep, Hastings is a good player. Bowling looks awfully weak though. Peterson is a gun, but I do question what the point was, you had batsmen coming out of your behind last season. You need at LEAST one more good T20 bowler. You can't have Clive Rose/Dave Hussey bowling pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or are the Stars really short on bowlers? Bird is a gun but apart from that jeez. Wouldn't want to rely on Faulkner, Beer and and other bloke in a T20. Dave Hussey as good as he is is a bit of a surplus to needs. Maxwell can easily bat 4.

I think they were short on batsmen last night. They'd be better off taking Rose out for Stoinis and having an attack of Bird, Hastings, Beer and Faulkner who are all quality bowlers in this format. Then have the fifth bowler made up of Maxwell, Hussey, Wright and Stoinis. More than enough bowling, they just don't have that good of a batting line up. Hussey is getting old, Triffit isn't too good, Maxwell is hit and miss and Faulkner is a bowling all rounder.

I think they were short on batsmen last night. They'd be better off taking Rose out for Stoinis and having an attack of Bird, Hastings, Beer and Faulkner who are all quality bowlers in this format. Then have the fifth bowler made up of Maxwell, Hussey, Wright and Stoinis. More than enough bowling, they just don't have that good of a batting line up. Hussey is getting old, Triffit isn't too good, Maxwell is hit and miss and Faulkner is a bowling all rounder.

Side is a definitely a batsman short when Faulkner is at 6

The entire team except Triffit bowls, no need to pick 5 bowlers

Bit harsh here

He needs to be dropped. But people going a bit overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back