Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Me, typed up a bunch of crap, and here was me thinking that's what you'd done... silly me! Repeating it over and over doesn't constitute "the effort to back it up", still just a baseless claim that you can't prove, no more or less sensical than what I typed, only difference, I'm not trying to pass mine off as some fait accompli.

Fine, a more correct statement would have been an injury to Reid cost us a good chance at a premiership.

Reid had a consistent 2011 season with his ability to limit the impact of the key forward he was playing on, the ability to role off and take an intercept mark and his ability to generate meaningful rebound. In the 2011 grandfinal injury stopped him from doing all these things. Hawkins got a hold of him and his intercept marking and Rebounding was mostly non existent. If Reid was fully fit it is a lot less likely Hawkins would have gotten on top of him the way he did and his intercept marking and rebounding with of helped our offence.

I'll clarify that I believe this would have been enough to get us over the line weather you want to is up to you.

Fine, a more correct statement would have been an injury to Reid cost us a good chance at a premiership.

Reid had a consistent 2011 season with his ability to limit the impact of the key forward he was playing on, the ability to role off and take an intercept mark and his ability to generate meaningful rebound. In the 2011 grandfinal injury stopped him from doing all these things. Hawkins got a hold of him and his intercept marking and Rebounding was mostly non existent. If Reid was fully fit it is a lot less likely Hawkins would have gotten on top of him the way he did and his intercept marking and rebounding with of helped our offence.

I'll clarify that I believe this would have been enough to get us over the line weather you want to is up to you.

In my opinion Reid was one of a number of reasons that cost us the premiership. Basically the guys were just too bloody knackered after the preliminary final. There were quite a few players who were unable to put in the effort required in the last quarter. Geelong beat us fair and square and deserved the win.

Geelong would have had reasons to say that if such and such went our way we would have won by more. Eg Podsiadly going off injured in the second quarter.

We lost. They won. They were better. Don't know why people try to spin ways to say that we 'Only lost because'. There are numerous things that Collingwood could have done better or had better luck. But lets not lose sight of the fact that the opposition can do the same thing.

Yep, was definitely a factor, but was less than 100% going in and selectors still chose him, coach didn't take the opportunity to take him from the ground when JPod was hurt. There were lots of things, even Jolly was less than 100%. Can't agree with laying it all on Reid.

Geelong would have had reasons to say that if such and such went our way we would have won by more. Eg Podsiadly going off injured in the second quarter.

We lost. They won. They were better. Don't know why people try to spin ways to say that we 'Only lost because'. There are numerous things that Collingwood could have done better or had better luck. But lets not lose sight of the fact that the opposition can do the same thing.

J Pod going off was a blessing in disguise for them.

Yep, was definitely a factor, but was less than 100% going in and selectors still chose him, coach didn't take the opportunity to take him from the ground when JPod was hurt. There were lots of things, even Jolly was less than 100%. Can't agree with laying it all on Reid.

There were other factors and things that we could have done better but I still think a fully fit Reid would have been enough to get us over the line.

Don't know about you guys, but I am heartily sick of revisiting Hawkins beating a hobbled Reid in the 2011 GF. It happened; it was horrible to watch; and I'd like to consign it to the dustbin of Pie disasters.

pint.jpg
Aah...
Th' proverbial empty glass...

Lol whatever. I've ignored you by the way, I just find you so irritating, no offence. You seem to be one of those really bored old people who waste countless of hours on Big Footy without any proper or good input.

Adios
Oi!
Dat borders on elder (verbal) abuse.
(FYI: Here in th' States, at 67 y.o. yours truly joins th' Spotted Owl az a protected species. True.)

Last edited:
Oi!
Dat borders on elder (verbal) abuse.
(FYI: Here in th' States, at 67 y.o. yours truly joins th' Spotted Owl az a protected species. True.)

If I'm old you are positively ancient!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back