Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradley Collins, Adrian Crawford, Brook Martyn all heading to South. All Three played ones in the GVFL just wondering how good these blokes were for their former clubs??

Square have signed Ben Archard as well, pioneers asked him to play in bendigo not cohuna. Chris played all year at Darley last year, and apprently has not signed at square as was training with Cohuna all this week, and advised the club he had not made a decision yet:footy:

Is the kid any good? What did he do last year?

For me this is one of the problems with the Pioneers program. They tend to want things their way and are too Bendigo centric. I would have thought it would be good for the kid to play at his home club when not required. This way the club gets a benefit out of developing a talented junior player rather than having them pinched off them. Clubs will (and in the Central Murray Leagues case are) become reluctant to encourage kids to go through Pioneers. I know of a couple of young blokes that have chosen to to go via the Ballarat Rebels because of this
You make total sense. The kid will be training with the Pioneers week in and week out. If they don't make the finals (and they usually don't) leave the door open for him to play finals for Cohuna who would get a real lift out of his return.

Bradley Collins, Adrian Crawford, Brook Martyn all heading to South. All Three played ones in the GVFL just wondering how good these blokes were for their former clubs??

Collins played back for Rochy last year and is a good player. Good skills and reads the ball well in flight. Will strengthen Souths Backline and Rochy would like to have kept him but thats the way it goes.
Still think he is aligned to bombers so may play a few there as well.

Are South starting to shape up as a potential challenger to Square with all these recruits??

It sure looks like they are giving it a fair crack. With Square loosing a couple, i think South will be the main challenger. Have heard that Storm are also attracting a few quality players, and we know that there coach is pretty good on the recruiting side of things. Is Ladson heading there? I thought he might have been a chance at Square not with the Storm.

I heard a whisper that a Justin Maddern plays in this league??

Is he any good??

I've also heard a whisper that Sandhurst will be the yard stick this year.

Can anyone confirm this whisper??

I heard a whisper that a Justin Maddern plays in this league??

Is he any good??

I've also heard a whisper that Sandhurst will be the yard stick this year.

Can anyone confirm this whisper??

Justin Maddern does play kicked 50 + goals in about 8 games last year before heading to the bombers, then having an injury that left him out for there year, very handy player,

as for sandhurst, not really the yard stick picked up some handy players but have also lost some depth, as with most of the teams below square last year,

Square wont he GF last year by over 100pts, and im sure like everyone else watching the comp, they surely still would be the yard stick even losing the players they have lost,

South have prob picked up the most, and will improve,

might have a crack at and early ladder

1.GS- will still be a dominate team but i think a few losses may occur this year but with rosa lloyd and weeks still in the team,
2.South - picked up some very handy players along with a handy crop they already have, but have they done this for to many years, just been there without taking it to the next level? can they take it to next level
3.E/hawk- lost a couple of handy smalls, but picked nico again, interleague ruckman,think they will slide a touch
4.Strath - havent heard much bout them but wilson always has a few up his sleeve, just need a few more mids, and a forward i beleive they have
5.Sandhurst- picked up a couple, doubt they will be the yeard stick, there problem would have to be there talls, midfielders are one of the best in the league but fall away everywhere else

6.Gisborne- have a good crop of players, but not sure they will pick enough up coach will prob play a handfull of games as injury is taking over is a shame because he is one the best players to watch
7.MB - never hear much about mb - they always seem to be ok without being a good team, have a couple of really handy young kids but will the district league teams rob them again of handy playres?
8.kyneton - agaiin not sure filo went for youth last year with thompson playing, may lift them to win a few games but prob not enough filo does have the contacts to get a decent team tho
9.Kflat - picked up 4 according to the paper but the outs prob outweigh the ins have a handy ruckman which they have lacked, but losing maddern, makes the forward line not a daughting,
10.Castlemaine- loss of schultz really hurts them doubt he wont play much there, dont think they have picked up enough to win enough to get off the bottom.

what does everyone else think

South Bendigo
Golden Square - Top two sides. I think they will be there on the last day
*Sth, a lot of good quality recruits
*G.S, Class above and can afford to loose a few. Will replace them
with young guns anyway.

Strathfield
Gisborne
Sandhurst - these three are probably most likely to be next in line,

*Strath, I agree with superstar13 that they just need to find a few. Ladson? Have heard he is on board.
*Gisborne lost a couple of quality players. Knox from efl is an in. Not sure what his background is. Coach is a
gun hopefully see more of him this year.
*Sandhurst. There best is good enough. They just need to be more consistant.

Eaglehawk
Maryborough
Castlemaine
Kangarooflat
kyneton -This 5 could end up in any order

*Eaglehawk loosing a few.
*Kyneton to win 5 games
*Maryborough same old same old.
*Castlemaine Heading in a good direction, good kids. Hard to beat at home
*Kangaroo flat. Maddern hurts them, A few ins but how good are they? Coaches injury is a worry for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Bendigo
Golden Square - Top two sides. I think they will be there on the last day
*Sth, a lot of good quality recruits
*G.S, Class above and can afford to loose a few. Will replace them
with young guns anyway.

Strathfield
Gisborne
Sandhurst - these three are probably most likely to be next in line,

*Strath, I agree with superstar13 that they just need to find a few. Ladson? Have heard he is on board.
*Gisborne lost a couple of quality players. Knox from efl is an in. Not sure what his background is. Coach is a
gun hopefully see more of him this year.
*Sandhurst. There best is good enough. They just need to be more consistant.

Eaglehawk
Maryborough
Castlemaine
Kangarooflat
kyneton -This 5 could end up in any order

*Eaglehawk loosing a few.
*Kyneton to win 5 games
*Maryborough same old same old.
*Castlemaine Heading in a good direction, good kids. Hard to beat at home
*Kangaroo flat. Maddern hurts them, A few ins but how good are they? Coaches injury is a worry for them.
MFC - has the move from Ballarat been justified? Remember playing against them when I was at North - thought they were a decent sort of club. Maybe they should head back to Ballarat - then again they might then be called the yo yos??!!:footy::footy:

MFC - has the move from Ballarat been justified? Remember playing against them when I was at North - thought they were a decent sort of club. Maybe they should head back to Ballarat - then again they might then be called the yo yos??!!:footy::footy:

I doubt that they would want to go back to Ballarat. Bendigo FNL can not afford to go back to a 9 team comp. If possible they should get a couple more into comp.

Sportsbet odds are up:

Golden Square 1.80
South Bendigo 4.00
Sandhurst 6.50
Eaglehawk 13.00
Gisborne 13.00
Strathfieldsaye 13.00
Maryborough 26.00
Kyneton 26.00
Castlemaine 51.00
Kangaroo Flat 101.00

Look pretty spot on, maybe GS/South could be a bit closer in the betting.
Anyone prepared to tip against a GS/South Grand Final?

Surprised Sandhurst are sitting at $6.50 - that seems a bit short to me.

Weren't Strathfieldsaye paying shorter odds lost year? I also would have tipped Eaglehawk to be thereabouts also.

Sandhurst maybe a fraction short I reckon prob 9-1 would been the go but more than happy to whack the boys in a multi or two!
Blackout Strath haven't made a finals series yet so 13-1 to win the actually flag is probably unders.
Are Flat set for the Spoon do you think lads?

Joel west pushed out of strath. Daryl will surely try wasting money else where now. Quality ruckman probably best in bfl

West i would say is far from his best going on last year, Where is west going if has been pushed out ? best ruckman would be dahl to be honest.

So has he signed anywhere else ??

where would he waste the money heard any players? chances are that if you havent signed anyone by the now you will be struggling

you would know if had a clue about recruiting and player management??

Just heard on good authority that Balraj Singh, Damien Brown and Matt Gimore have all signed at Strath. All on close to the 1k mark per game with Singh on just over it. Anyone else think they will be too top heavy up forward.

Just heard on good authority that Balraj Singh, Damien Brown and Matt Gimore have all signed at Strath. All on close to the 1k mark per game with Singh on just over it. Anyone else think they will be too top heavy up forward.

Didn't they learn from Balraj's visit to Eaglehawk. Surely they cannot be thinking of paying him anywhere near that amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back