Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win by Kyneton on the weekend knocking Deer Park off by 5 goals, whilst both sides were far from full strength, the Tigers Boys played 3 quarters with 18 and no interchange compared to Deep Park running 8 or 9 off the bench all game. Whilst it was only a practice match a lot of positives to be taken from the game. Will be very surprised if Macedon get within 25 goals of Kyneton this week, A bit of a confidence booster before the big round 1 class against Gisborne.

Top 5: Strathfieldsaye- Golden Square- Eaglehawk- Sandhurst- Kyneton
Premiers- Golden Square
Michelson- Alik Magin
Ron Best- Matt Gretrix
Spoon- South and Castlemaine by the length of the Flemington Straight

Good win by Kyneton on the weekend knocking Deer Park off by 5 goals, whilst both sides were far from full strength, the Tigers Boys played 3 quarters with 18 and no interchange compared to Deep Park running 8 or 9 off the bench all game. Whilst it was only a practice match a lot of positives to be taken from the game. Will be very surprised if Macedon get within 25 goals of Kyneton this week, A bit of a confidence booster before the big round 1 class against Gisborne.

Premiers- Golden Square
Michelson- Alik Magin
Ron Best- Matt Gretrix

Mate were you at the same game or on the drinks mate too much, it was 3 goals and the rubbish about inter change should have you writting stories for school kids because it would seem that you do write a good yarn it was 3 goals in the end and Kyneton did kick the last 4 gaols and Deer Park was in front most of the day, we were bit short of gallop but it was a good contest and well done to Kyneton on there win, hope they have a great year

Mate were you at the same game or on the drinks mate too much, it was 3 goals and the rubbish about inter change should have you writting stories for school kids because it would seem that you do write a good yarn it was 3 goals in the end and Kyneton did kick the last 4 gaols and Deer Park was in front most of the day, we were bit short of gallop but it was a good contest and well done to Kyneton on there win, hope they have a great year

Looking at your spelling and vocabulary I wouldn't be surprised if you are a school kid. Well I just checked and final margin was 23 points with Kyneton having 8 more scoring shots. Can you elaborate on the "rubbish about interchange" what did I state that was incorrect. I must admit it must of been difficult for you guys to get a team together when pay cheques aren't given out at practice matches!

Final scores, Q
Hurst 11.9 v St Mary's 9.16
So Dragons by 5 pts. Kick for goal after final siren by GFL club St. Mary's punched clear.
Take a pen along to praccies, boys
Then u will be able to place can on the deck, and scribble down the final scores.
For BOTH sides!!

Final scores, Q
Hurst 11.9 v St Mary's 9.16
So Dragons by 5 pts. Kick for goal after final siren by GFL club St. Mary's punched clear.
Take a pen along to praccies, boys
Then u will be able to place can on the deck, and scribble down the final scores.
For BOTH sides!!

Great advise will be sure to do so next time (Hurst people really are flogs!)

Great advise will be sure to do so next time (Hurst people really are flogs!)
Bit harsh on the Hurst Supporters I'm sure 1 of their 4 supporters are not too bad .

Can someone enlighten me when Sandhurst plays South Bendigo at the QEO, Do they need to organise extra security for the 10 people in attendance

looking at the official bfl draw south v s'hurst is rd. 3, saturday April 18th
wouldnt be a huge crowd as you've suggested davis
return game is second half split rd. 10. June 10th when South ius home club.

bloods play 3 games at harry trott: rds. 2, 12 and 18. that last one could end up a pizzling as Storm is the visiting club.

Any chance that the rocket scientists at Sandhurst can tell their incoming clearances that they need to register themselves before the clearance is finalised. It might save the time of people at originating clubs who have to do the explaining for them.

Any chance that the rocket scientists at Sandhurst can tell their incoming clearances that they need to register themselves before the clearance is finalised. It might save the time of people at originating clubs who have to do the explaining for them.

Whats the process Woody? I was talking to a bloke yesterday from a Club who said there was some confusion about the process has it changed?

Exactly, which is why clubs with players coming in need to get their act together and let their recruits know what to do instead of sending them back to the original club and wasting the time of those administrators. We are all in the same boat.

True. I can only speak about my club but our administrator has made it very clear on multiple occasions what players need to do...still only a handful have done it...it always ends up with the one bloke having to do,the work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloke who was at BFNL season launch we'd. nite says smart money on 2015's leading goalkicker is ......
Square's new big unit signing: Ryan Herring

Bloke who was at BFNL season launch we'd. nite says smart money on 2015's leading goalkicker is ......
Square's new big unit signing: Ryan Herring
Hardly surprising since he has played at a high level and kicked multiple goals at that level. Milne might be a smokey as well, was his next comment.

Premiers- Golden Square
Michelson- Alik Magin
Ron Best- Matt Gretrix
Yes its a practice match yes no doubt both sides were missing players, but surely you must be a little concerned that a rdfl side touched up your mob davis ?
Pretty poor comment you made about the margin.
Perhaps do a little homework first before running with stupid comments.

tipping time folks
Rd. 1 will be just about over this time in 48 hrs.
mine -- Maryb with Tarrant over Maine by 27, Square by 35 over Flat, Hawkies by 36 over South, Gizzy by 18 over Kyneton & Storm by 33 over Hurst
No big boy Martin, Dragons in strife

Just reading the Bendigo Addy and an article mentions that Steven Olivets son has been denied a clearance to South by AFL Vic. This is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard. Each year mercenaries float in and out of clubs, break contracts, take sign on fee's etc and end up getting cleared yet a kid can't get cleared to the club his old man is coaching.

Something very wrong

Just reading the Bendigo Addy and an article mentions that Steven Olivets son has been denied a clearance to South by AFL Vic. This is one of the more ridiculous things I have heard. Each year mercenaries float in and out of clubs, break contracts, take sign on fee's etc and end up getting cleared yet a kid can't get cleared to the club his old man is coaching.

Something very wrong

Yeah something wrong there!

Something very wrong

If South were smart they would T up club who he'll gat cleared to then that club clears him to South, might cost a slab or two!

Pretty sure the only reason clubs can hold a player back is if the said player owes money or club property.

If South were smart they would T up club who he'll gat cleared to then that club clears him to South, might cost a slab or two!

Pretty sure the only reason clubs can hold a player back is if the said player owes money or club property.

There was a process that if the player was coming back to the league within 12 months then the original club had to ok it but that was before the clearance process was simplied so that could be a loop hole they could use. But you would think with his Dad Coaching they would have said heap over for a year or two I think he is only a fair player isnt he?

Whose everyone like this weekend? I notice Darryl Wilson playing it down saying they were likely to be scratchy early but they had no trouble knocking Rochy off the other week so id say we will be doing well to beat them.

Gissy vs Kyneton should be a corker I will tip a draw. Eaglehawk should be all over South 95. Maryborough will handle Castlemaine 5 off the boot of Tarrant 21.

how wrong were we all eh Fly??
Maine flogs Maryboro ... Tarrant as useful as a pig in a poke
Hurst has pbest chance to best undermanned Storm [no
Milne, no Baker, no Mildren] & despite 3 good goals to Skinny Wharton still falls short
Admittedly Dole and Haythorpe will add to their scoring potential
South hopeless -- an entire afternoon on the park for just 3 goals
But biggest upset .... Kyneton Tigers belt Gizzy at the GraveyRd.
Gizzy did stuff all recruiting summer 2014--2015 Gonna bite them on the bum!!

how wrong were we all eh Fly??
Maine flogs Maryboro ... Tarrant as useful as a pig in a poke
Hurst has pbest chance to best undermanned Storm [no
Milne, no Baker, no Mildren] & despite 3 good goals to Skinny Wharton still falls short
Admittedly Dole and Haythorpe will add to their scoring potential
South hopeless -- an entire afternoon on the park for just 3 goals
But biggest upset .... Kyneton Tigers belt Gizzy at the GraveyRd.
Gizzy did stuff all recruiting summer 2014--2015 Gonna bite them on the bum!!

Yer scoreline flatters the Dragons a bit tonight but good too see us play it out. Skinny was good also liked the efforts of our new boys Pollock and East but Strath showed they will be mighty hard to stop again with plenty still to come in but a couple of bad injuries. The big fella Johnson who I rate looked to have injured a leg badly and Sharp with a hammy.

Not surprised about the Kyneton win they will play finals.

Crowy might be able to fill us in about Square and Flat?

Back