Best 22 in 3-4 weeks time

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats your chosen 22 plus sub out of interest?
As I have said above it likely will not matter other than an on paper exercise on BigFooty as there will be niggles and injuries that see guys miss week(s).

But purely for paper and not actually likely to ever a problem our MC faces in 2022.

FB Bews Kolodjashnij Henry
HB Stewart De Koning Atkins
C Smith Parfitt Duncan
HF Close Cameron Holmes
FF Rohan Hawkins Stengle
R Stanley Selwood Dangerfield
I/C Blicavs Guthrie Menegola Tuohy

Left out: Higgins, Dahlhaus, O'Connor, Miers, Zuthrie, Narkle, Ratugolea, Ceglar.

When fit i have all of
Stewart
Sdk
Blitz
Kolo
Henry
Bews
Atkins
Tuohy
MOC

As best 22 and i think zuthrie is pushing for best 22.

But thats too many defenders to fit in the 22 especially considering our mids and ruck are weak and need bolstering.

Unless we spin the magnets and some of the above guys play in the midfield then i reckon at least 2 of them will have to miss the 22when everyone is fit.
As above. Likely not to be an issue.
I was merely refuting that any combination of availabilities would see Kolo or Bews or Henry not be best 22. They all are.

Great depth everywhere except kpd and ruck.
If sdk goes down we are stuffed (i suppose blitz could play back but still it would expose us)and if stanley goes down we are stuffed unless ceglar can fill the breach
In all other positions our depth is great.

Players can roll over in a match, KPD goes down, Henry plays taller, Z.Guthrie roles over to the third tall.

Stanley goes down, Blicavs roll over to the number 1 ruck.

I’ll need a greater body of work before I’m convinced. It’s composure under real heat that I’m looking for. Z.Guthrie is much better in this area this year. As is Atkins. Kolo has been too but gees, it’s hard to have real trust until he shows it in a final I reckon. Probably the same with the other 2 as well really.
This thread is for best 22 in 3-4 weeks time, NOT finals necessarily. As always, we have to win enough games to get there. Maybe 5-6 of the next 10.

I’ve always disagreed with you on this topic. Don’t know how a player can stake a claim for the finals campaign ahead other than playing well in H&A.

Of course. They have no other means of demonstrating their improvement. But history has to also be a consideration in selection. Not just recent history.

Of course. They have no other means of demonstrating their improvement. But history has to also be a consideration in selection. Not just recent history.
Pretty sure Kolo has played all our recent finals. He’s now in career best form. I can’t see how that means being left out this year.

I wouldn't expect us to finalise our best 22 until a couple of weeks out from finals. For example Stephens isn't in it at the moment but I expect us to give him most games from here to try and show he is.

And it's way too early to judge guys coming back from significant injuries. Look how Duncan struggled early on but has been brilliant recently. Guys like Henry, Menegola and Holmes will be given every chance to find form.

Pretty sure Kolo has played all our recent finals. He’s now in career best form. I can’t see how that means being left out this year.

I’m sure you are right. He’ll play the first final. But if he chokes then I think a line needs to be ruled through his name.

Players can roll over in a match, KPD goes down, Henry plays taller, Z.Guthrie roles over to the third tall.

Stanley goes down, Blicavs roll over to the number 1 ruck.

I dont think either of those options will work against top 4 teams with elite rucks and forwards. If we lose a ruck or a kpd we just need to make sure the ball lives in our front half so ot doesnt get down the other end for us to be exposed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hard

FB Henry De Koning Bews
HB Stewart Kolodjashnij Z.Guthrie
C Menegola Dangerfield Tuohy
HF Smith Cameron Close
FF Rohan Hawkins Stengle
Fol Stanley Guthrie Parfitt
Int Blicavs Selwood Duncan Atkins

average age 28 years 290ish days

Crazy amount of structural flexibility

We have great depth
Higgins, Dahlhaus, O'Connor, Miers , Holmes
It is hard. And I note that everyone I have seen so far doesn’t have any of the debutants. Indeed yours even leaves out two “regular youngans“ in Miers and Holmes.

we should all keep this in mind as we critisie the MC. And demand youth each week. I want to see youth for sure but if cats have a full list they will (rightfully) think they can win it. I would in yours swap out menagola for holmes.
the other one in my mind that might fall off a cliff is Smith. If menagola and holmes come back to full form maybe they squeeze him out?

of course it is all an academic exercise as with an old list I can’t Imagne we will ever have everyone to pick from?

It is hard. And I note that everyone I have seen so far doesn’t have any of the debutants. Indeed yours even leaves out two “regular youngans“ in Miers and Holmes.

we should all keep this in mind as we critisie the MC. And demand youth each week. I want to see youth for sure but if cats have a full list they will (rightfully) think they can win it. I would in yours swap out menagola for holmes.
the other one in my mind that might fall off a cliff is Smith. If menagola and holmes come back to full form maybe they squeeze him out?

of course it is all an academic exercise as with an old list I can’t Imagne we will ever have everyone to pick from?

I’ve got Stephens and Holmes in my 22.

He played like 5 games after an injury interupted pre season. Kind of take his whole last season form over that.

and in any case, he was still has been better then kolo in those 5 games anyway.
That’s just fantasy.

I’ll be controversial and say I’d have Stephens in for Duncan. Mitch is too slow and although he rarely wastes it, he has looked very old the last 3 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Are you high? Was our second best player on the weekend, and a large reason why we won.

Seriously, wow.

B: J. Henry, SDK, Zuthrie
HB: Duncan, Kolo, Stewart
C: Menegola, Selwood, I. Smith
FO: Stanley, Danger, C. Guthrie
HF: Stengle, J. Cameron, Rohan
F: Miers, Hawkins, Close
INT: Blics, Atkins, Parfitt, Tuohy
SUB: Bews

EMG: Holmes, O'Connor, S. Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Back