Best forward 6 of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Only because he put roughead in who should be nowhere near this side nor almost every other teams sides.
If you truly believe that, you need to go away, watch about 487 games of footy over the next 10 years, then come back and comment.

I sincerely hope you’re just an inferiority-complex-wracked troll…

If you havent seen them then you cant rate them. You would just be making things up.
Don Bradman?
GOAT, or we can only rate the batsmen we have seen?
I meant going by records- goals per game and reputation, eg John Coleman Bombers.
I prefer it to be ones we have seen, but that gives me huge advantage.

You know you’re winning when the bloke with the highest per game goal average in the history of the game gets left out…
Huddo as sub. :laughv1:

Don Bradman?
GOAT, or we can only rate the batsmen we have seen?
I meant going by records- goals per game and reputation, eg John Coleman Bombers.
I prefer it to be ones we have seen, but that gives me huge advantage.
Yep cant rate bradman other then compare his statistics.

did you know bradman only hit 6 sixes in his entire test career? me thinks he may not of been good as his stats implied. However i never saw him so i have no idea.

did you know bradman only hit 6 sixes in his entire test career? me thinks he may not of been good as his stats implied. However i never saw him so i have no idea.

Regardless of the rest of your post which I find odd in itself, what do sixes have to do with anything?

‘He may not have been as good as stats implied.’
Bahahahahahahahaha

In 234 first class matches, spread across two decades, with a 6 year interruption for a world war, he recorded a batting average that is almost 21 per cent better than ANYONE in the entire history of the game, playing in an era of uncovered wickets, with toothpick sized bats, on full sized fields with no ropes being brought in.

One suspects that if he ‘wasn’t as good as his stats implied’ there would be at least one cricketer from across the Commonwealth who would have come within a bull’s roar of at least challenging some aspect of his record.

There isn’t, and there hasn’t been since.

You love a good contrarian view - I know, because I like one too - but this is some of the worst analysis in the history of casual sports punditry.

Not sure if serious.

Bradman is probably the greatest sportsperson ever, let alone best cricketer ever.
Big statement.
Cricket is not played in all countries.
Best batsman, looks that way.
But defining best sportsperson ever- is that because he dominates stats as a batsman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big statement.
Cricket is not played in all countries.
Best batsman, looks that way.
But defining best sportsperson ever- is that because he dominates stats as a batsman?
No player in any world sport has produced the statistical dominance that he does. The only sports that can claim to be truly world wide are Basketball and Football (soccer).

No player in any world sport has produced the statistical dominance that he does. The only sports that can claim to be truly world wide are Basketball and Football (soccer).
What about Olympic sports? Running, swimming, bobsleigh?

What about Olympic sports? Running, swimming, bobsleigh?
I think he’s referring to his total domination of his sport statistically for starters. Tiger Woods, Federer both had claims, but have been usurped. Phelps in swimming 23 gold medals. That’s a great effort

I think he’s referring to his total domination of his sport statistically for starters. Tiger Woods, Federer both had claims, but have been usurped. Phelps in swimming 23 gold medals. That’s a great effort
23 gold medals powered by bongs. Legend.

Dick Lee - Nuts - McKenna
P. Daicos - Saverio - Tuddenham

I know Sav probably isn't a CHF but he was probably my favourite player at one point, so had to get him in there.

In what stats has Tiger Woods been usurped?
You know in his prime he was winning 1 out of every 3 tournaments he was playing? That is insane.

Phelps' 23 gold whilst being an amazing effort is still in swimming where there are far too many medals available IMO.
4 different strokes, plus medley and relays.
Do they have a backwards running races? Or hopping races?
There should only be distance races. Swim whatever stroke you want but it's 1 event for 50m, 100m, 200m etc

Bradman is probably the greatest sportsperson ever, let alone best cricketer ever.

I remember a study done a while ago stating that Bradman was the best sportsperson of all time based on what he achieved compared to what other players he played against achieved. No other sportsperson was as dominant, though in that time I think there is an Ice Hockey player that got close, not sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back