Best Shirtfront You've Seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Glenn Archer on Lenny Hayes at the SCG in 1999 (During the period that the kangas played home games at the SCG) it also happened to be Hayes' first or second game if memory serves correctly.

I'm not sure who it was on but first round a couple of years ago David Neitz on a Hawthorn player, he then proceeded to win the ball and kick the goal from just inside 50.

bozza1980 said:
Glenn Archer on Lenny Hayes at the SCG in 1999 (During the period that the kangas played home games at the SCG) it also happened to be Hayes' first or second game if memory serves correctly.

Archer didnt quite get him properly though.

Petrie on Harvey was better. Harvey had his nose broken.

Toots Hibbert said:
I think it far less likely that a hip and shoulder would fracture a cheekbone than a deliberately raised elbow. With one the full momentum of the player is transferred via one point, the end of the elbow. With the other the momentum is transferred via a larger area and to more of the players body.

Besides, even if Bickley had made contact with a hip and shoulder it would still have been outside the rules "Contact = Late"

I think that it is just as likely that Wakelin fractured his cheekbone when he fell and hit the ground.

Do you think that Picketts hit on Begley was fair? Im not sticking up for Mark Bickley (even though he is a fav of mine) but surely you would have to agree that was just as much a dog act as what Bickley did.

sworc36 said:
I think that it is just as likely that Wakelin fractured his cheekbone when he fell and hit the ground.
Yeah right. There was a big lump sticking out of the ground and Wakes fell on it. :rolleyes:

RedLegs#5 said:
David Neitz crunching Luke McCabe (Hawthorn). And he got a goal out of it too. :cool: :thumbsu:

I had to laugh at how Dees fans thought Neitz pole-axing the littlest guy on our team qualified him for "tough guy" status. I'm not denying he is tough - I sure as hell wouldn't like to run into him - but I'm just not sure cleaning up McCabe would be something to put on your CV.

rick James said:
funny one from last year:

David neitz poleaxes Tarkyn Lockyer with a nice hip and shoulder - fracturing his own cheeckbone on Lockyer's head in the process. lol.
I saw that and I had to chuckle. Cop that Neeta, you big goose.
Karma for trying to clean up little blokes I reckon.

Jimmy's Hot Dogs said:
Was that at Waverley? If it's the same one I am thinking of Huddo ran into a brickwall named Ross Smith on the 50m line at the little scoreboard end. Gee he looked groggy after.
Yes it was at Waverley in 1994...Groggy?...He was wandering around like he'd just polished off three bottles of Johnnie Walker in an hour...

The Carey - Dean Rice was a funny one also...I'm sure it was accidental but it was funny seeing Rice do his Peter Garrett dancing impersonation for the following 5 minutes...

Chewy said:
I saw that and I had to chuckle. Cop that Neeta, you big goose.
Karma for trying to clean up little blokes I reckon.
You wish you had him. Bloody weak Hawks. :cool: :thumbsdown:

It must never have been caught on camera but i saw ablett snr bowl over alex ischenko playing for north melbourne at the mcg in the 90s. Was sitting on 1st level and heard the smack. Remember ischenko got up very slowly and pretty sure he played the rest of the game hurt good effort.

My own:
First game back after not playing for 10 years, playing in the centre, running flat out and lunging forward about to lay a tackle when wham, got nailed from 10 oclock.
3 cracked ribs on the LHS and a severly corked right butt cheek where I hit the ground. Loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the Hawks v North game out at Waverley few years back. It was arctic freezing and drizzling so the majority of the crowd was up in the stand. My brother in law and I had umbrella's so decided to stay out in the open only a few rows back from the fence. The Pickett bump on Krummel happened right in front of us and will never forget that slapping/popping sound at impact!

Sullivan is the king of the shirtfront. His shirtfront on Sandars in 2008 was legendary. Sandars has never been the same since :O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back