Meet Up BF Blues Melb catch-up 2023

Pick a match that suits you (you can choose more than 1)

• Rd 5 vs ADEL (AO) - Thurs 13-Apr @ 19:40: Get together at a pub ~7pm, grab a bite, watch the game

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Rd 6 vs STK (MRVL) - Sun 23-Apr @ 15:20: Get together at pub ~1pm, grab a bite, go to game

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Rd 7 vs WCE (OPT) - Sat 29-Apr @ 19:30: Pub, food, watch

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Rd 8 vs BRIS (MRVL) - Fri 5-May @ 19:50: Pub, food, go to game

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Rd 11 vs Syd (SCG) - Friday 26-May @ 19:50: pub, food, watch

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After hibernating for three years, I thought* that it would be nice for us to get together to collectively 'enjoy' the heart-pounding, stress-inducing, dopamine-generating, cardiologist-on-speed dial experience that is watching Carlton play AFL footy.

So, throw away your trackies, trim your Covid-beard and/or legs, relearn how to talk to people IRL and let's catch up for an upcoming match.

I've ruled out the big blockbuster games, because a lot of fans already go with friends and family. And it's hard to get a booking at a nearby pub/bar/cafe.

I've listed five matches in the poll. Select as many as you are interested in. A few are interstate matches, where we could go out for lunch/dinner and then watch the match together. There's a couple of games at Marvel where we could catch up before the match and then head over together or separately.

I realise not everyone drinks alcohol, so the venue doesn't need to be a pub. But for the interstate matches, we'd would need a venue with a big TV. Venue would need to be city-ish to make it as convenient as possible for more ppl.

* After Arr0w gave me the thought

Have many people gone to these in the past? What is generally the age demographic?

I've been to a few. Had a great time each one.

Amazing to put some faces to usernames, although super weird calling posters by their real names.

We normally get ~8-12 ppl. Age demographic has ranged from ~20-60yo. One time someone brought their ~11yo son.

Anyone and everyone is welcome. Except thylacine60 as he's too busy and thinks it sounds like sh*t.

I've been to a few. Had a great time each one.

Amazing to put some faces to usernames, although super weird calling posters by their real names.

We normally get ~8-12 ppl. Age demographic has ranged from ~20-60yo. One time someone brought their ~11yo son.

Anyone and everyone is welcome. Except thylacine60 as he's too busy and thinks it sounds like sh*t.
Ah dam, we won't get the chance to put a face to the legendary thylacine60 name? What a shame!

I'll be in again Ferris.

Cant do the first 2 dates. But if it's any if the last 3 I'll be there.

Trivia for those playing at home- Carlton have a 100% win rate for the games of these meetups I've been to.

If we want the baggers to win the flag we need to organise one every week. Its just science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing to put some faces to usernames, although super weird calling posters by their real names

It sounded so much weirder in person whenLanceRomance introduced himself!! 🤣🤣

I could make the last two on the list..

Might be able to get down to Melbourne for R8 (unlikely but maybe). Would like to stop and say hi before heading into the game with my fam

Anyone going to Gather Round? Is it worth trying to organise a round or two of drinks at some point over the weekend? Partner has suggested I try and organise a meet but I don't know enough about Adelaide to pull it off.

Back