Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

The worst call by far was the 7 one. The only thing that seemed to matter to B.T was to continually tell us that the Dees had gone out in straight sets.

Talk about not reading the room.

The only thing I liked about BT's call was the huge pump up he gave Blake Acres.

Played with a broken collarbone. Enormous. Goosebumps.

what a load of cobblers - you want a first year player in the biggest game of his life to drop it like a butterfly on doc's chest under that sort of pressure - that's what I don't get about this place - the joy of a win like that and we have these posts along the lines of "it was a poor kick" "should have done better" "if only".............if he kicked it over his head, how come he marked it? winged or not, doc still had to make it work and he did - any lower, the dees player might have been able to get more involved - for mine, it was perfect.....

In BT's defense Hollands kicked it straight over Doc's head.

Watch the replay that Aphro just posted.

Doc points to the spot he wants the kick at 0:32.

Ollie kicks it nowhere near there.

I can't see any vision of the ball going straight over Doc's head.

There are other angles shown on that passage of play and the kick from Hollands to Doc was perfect.

FF to 1.45

I think it was superb play by both players in the end. Dutchy kicked it well considering he was under finals pressure, not to mention with the body of a 12 year old, and Doc made the best of it, ultimately making the Dees opponent look silly.

I think it was superb play by both players in the end. Dutchy kicked it well considering he was under finals pressure, not to mention with the body of a 12 year old, and Doc made the best of it, ultimately making the Dees opponent look silly.
dutchy put it to a spot that gave doc a great look at it - takes 2 to successfully execute a kick and mark...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In theory, don't think the Hollands kick was "perfect", but how many players can hit the perfect kick consistently?

Practically, a 1st year player, less than 90 seconds left, in a game/final that we were behind, picking the right (only target), a kick that gave Doc a better than 50/50 chance to gather/mark the ball

Under those circumstances, it was perfect. Kid has nerves of steel beyond his years

Watch the replay that Aphro just posted.

Doc points to the spot he wants the kick at 0:32.

Ollie kicks it nowhere near there.
He kicked it where it needed to go. Either Doc marks it or it goes past Doc if spoiled and Doc runs into it. The Melbourne defender was sprinting towards Doc meaning he’s out of the contest if Doc drops it. Absolutely perfect reading of the play from a young kid under serious finals pressure in the middle of the MCG With 100k people screaming and Carlton behind on the board knowing there’s very little time left. All of that in a couple of seconds. The kid is going to be elite

He kicked it where it needed to go. Either Doc marks it or it goes past Doc if spoiled and Doc runs into it. The Melbourne defender was sprinting towards Doc meaning he’s out of the contest if Doc drops it. Absolutely perfect reading of the play from a young kid.

The whole team in that last 2 minutes played to team/coach instructions- Hollands kick may not have been pinpoint but it was where it needed to go - and as a result of following team rules we were able to win the game.

The kid is a footballer and the remainder of our team have finally got a football IQ - reminds me of the really good teams of the past 20 years of which we haven’t been.

:thumbsu:

He's a genius. Keeps getting paid despite his obvious idiocy. Impressive, really.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

One thing I missed at the time, but caught on subsequent watchers, BTs call of the Acres goal. I get that it was exciting and the commentary wants to reflect that, but his rambling made no sense. The radio commentary lets the crowd speak for itself.

Back