Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The post was to give people a chance to hear the calls again. Worth another listen, not like there's much else going on atm. That's all, Saul.
Yeah, I get that.

It's more the subsequent posts that read as definitive statements of fact but are devoid of any supporting evidence that get my goat.

But hey, that's BigFooty!

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's tossbag whether Ollie's kick was a metre long or short or left or right.

What I'm more far impressed with was his efforts in that last minute to set up the goal, and then 30 odd seconds later lay the potential match saving tackle on Hunter.

Or Doc's run and carry to pinpoint Acres....or Acres and Gov taking the game on in that last minute and go forward....or Cerra's smothered kick of Lever's and then lock the ball in....or TDK's pick up of the loose ball in congestion with 15 odd seconds and get it forward into space.

I went back and watched the last 2 minutes of the round 22 game in 2022 - absolute calamity of **** ups that ultimately cost us a spot in the finals.

Yeah, I get that.

It's more the subsequent posts that read as definitive statements of fact but are devoid of any supporting evidence that get my goat.

But hey, that's BigFooty!
yeah, hear that - important to remember that bf assesses his kick, not ollie or doc - it's just the way...........

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's tossbag whether Ollie's kick was a metre long or short or left or right.

What I'm more far impressed with was his efforts in that last minute to set up the goal, and then 30 odd seconds later lay the potential match saving tackle on Hunter.

Or Doc's run and carry to pinpoint Acres....or Acres and Gov taking the game on in that last minute and go forward....or Cerra's smothered kick of Lever's and then lock the ball in....or TDK's pick up of the loose ball in congestion with 15 odd seconds and get it forward into space.

I went back and watched the last 2 minutes of the round 22 game in 2022 - absolute calamity of **** ups that ultimately cost us a spot in the finals.
cerra was out on his feet, still managed to win the one on one against lever and hold the ball up for tdk..............in fact take a good look at cerra's final minute - tell me he didn't just refuse to let that game go..........heart & soul navy now...........

I can't see any vision of the ball going straight over Doc's head.

There are other angles shown on that passage of play and the kick from Hollands to Doc was perfect.

FF to 1.45

I agree. If you watch the Arc of the ball off the boot of Ollie, it's perfectly weighted. Any lower and the OP cuts it off.

In theory, don't think the Hollands kick was "perfect", but how many players can hit the perfect kick consistently?

Practically, a 1st year player, less than 90 seconds left, in a game/final that we were behind, picking the right (only target), a kick that gave Doc a better than 50/50 chance to gather/mark the ball

Under those circumstances, it was perfect. Kid has nerves of steel beyond his years
The 2 standouts in that passage for me are just how composed Weiters is to intercept then follow up with the perfect disposal to Hollands. The other is Hollands kick and later follow up tackle. From a first year player in such a huge pressure final (and like you say, to hold his nerve), that's super special. He's an absolute ripper.

cerra was out on his feet, still managed to win the one on one against lever and hold the ball up for tdk..............in fact take a good look at cerra's final minute - tell me he didn't just refuse to let that game go..........heart & soul navy now...........

Cerra wanted it Lever didn’t - simples.

;)

Definitely did the #5 justice with that sheer willpower

Lever heard the approaching footsteps and thought 'yeah nah - cya'
yep, ... he wasnt floationg back into space to get an uncontested mark so pooped himself when he had real pressure.

Andy Maher called it perfectly "Lever doesnt want it, Lever doesnt want it!"

was watching the Lace Out video of the last 2:30 minutes with the call of all the different radio/tv commentators for the 20th time, and had a (slightly inebriated) thought.

If you could change one aspect of the last 2:30 minutes what would it be:
  1. instead of passing, Doc bombs a long goal from 55
  2. McGovern marks and goals instead of Acres.
  3. Kennedy soccer's through the goal with 10 seconds to go
  4. Kennedy picks ball up, baulks the OP and strolls into goals and puts it into the top tier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep, ... he wasnt floationg back into space to get an uncontested mark so pooped himself when he had real pressure.

Andy Maher called it perfectly "Lever doesnt want it, Lever doesnt want it!"
don't agree and reckon maher would like that effort again if he had the chance.........

was watching the Lace Out video of the last 2:30 minutes with the call of all the different radio/tv commentators for the 20th time, and had a (slightly inebriated) thought.

4. Kennedy picks ball up, baulks the OP and strolls into goals and puts it into the top tier.

The only thing I'd change is for Acres kick to go through the middle and not a bloody inch away from the post.

The only thing I'd change is for Acres kick to go through the middle and not a bloody inch away from the post.
If he had of hit the post, the cone of silence may have been a necessary sad but safe place…

Maybe entrancing into a Happy Gilmore happy place our entire trip home…

Wizard of OZ, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home…

Thank **** it sailed through Robbo 👍

Greatest game since the 2013 finals win 👍

Last edited:
Back