Help BF crashing tab in Google Chrome - Solved on Page 6?

Remove this Banner Ad

so far things are pointing at adblock as being the culprit
I dunno man, I have not once crashed whilst at work, but getting it at home constantly. I have the exact same extensions on both machines.

I dunno man, I have not once crashed whilst at work, but getting it at home constantly. I have the exact same extensions on both machines.
Which indicates that's its not a case of something being midcoded on BigFooty, otherwise it would be reproducable reliably. What's more no matter how many errors and programming mistakes are made on BigFooty, it should not be possible to make it crash chrome. Most likely it is coming from an installed extension or plugin. For example you say you are running the same extensions, but are you running the same plugins, have you checked chrome://plugins/? Also you need to compare versions of the extensions and plugins, especially flash. Then there is data that they may been cached that may have been corrupted, or incompatible with a since updated extension or plugin. Sharing chrome://crashes would be helpful as well

Mr Jim Boy,

I don't have any logs cause I didn't enable it but I have found out that the crash only seems to be happening (for me anyway) when I have an alert and I mouse over the alerts tab before the page is fully loaded. If I was for the page to load, no crash. I have tested this is a few times and each time I jump the gun I got a crash.

With love,

Quivorir

I have found out that the crash only seems to be happening (for me anyway) when I have an alert and I mouse over the alerts
Thanks for this info - this higher level of detail really does help and I am now able to get this to happen to me with some level of reliability. One step closer to a solution

Jim Boy

Not sure if this helps much, but it crashes on my home computer in Chrome (which is a Mac running iOS) much more compared to my work computer, which is a Dell running on Windows. Chrome still does crash on the work computer, but nowhere near as much as on the home comp. On the home comp, it's nigh on unusable on Chrome.

Jim Boy

Not sure if this helps much, but it crashes on my home computer in Chrome (which is a Mac running iOS) much more compared to my work computer, which is a Dell running on Windows. Chrome still does crash on the work computer, but nowhere near as much as on the home comp. On the home comp, it's nigh on unusable on Chrome.
This is still happening since the side bar was removed?

Still getting the issue, no extensions enabled, no BigFooty alerts.

I haven't been using my Mac much recently, but the issue was a lot worse on it.
Right now the only 100% effective solution is to use a different browser.

It is not a good solution, but it is the only one that works right now. At our end we can't reproduce it - though it did happen once on my iPhone 5s but I couldn't capture any information.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a side note, doing what I was doing at home last night to test this does not cause a crash at work. :confused:
Again, this indicates an issue with the setup of the machine. We'll keep looking for the cause. It may even just be one particular banner ad that causes it.

Tried to do a crash report after it happened again. Said there was no crash to report....

I am on a mac if that helps, logged into facebook.

I Have Chrome, on Win 7, only add ons are Adblock plus and Avast, I never log out, spend many hours a day here and I have not experienced any crashes at all, suggesting that it is something else?

Which indicates that's its not a case of something being midcoded on BigFooty, otherwise it would be reproducable reliably. What's more no matter how many errors and programming mistakes are made on BigFooty, it should not be possible to make it crash chrome. Most likely it is coming from an installed extension or plugin. For example you say you are running the same extensions, but are you running the same plugins, have you checked chrome://plugins/? Also you need to compare versions of the extensions and plugins, especially flash. Then there is data that they may been cached that may have been corrupted, or incompatible with a since updated extension or plugin. Sharing chrome://crashes would be helpful as well
zRGywwd.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back