BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see South picking up a few, there's a lot of ground to make up but it should provide a base to build from & create some incentive for the younger guys to stick around.
There seems to be less movement with clubs prioritising retention & development from within.

Agree with 'Bama, in Marsh taking a step forward, they should get some ROI for getting games into their youth.

I see Sebas have lost a few senior players and haven’t seemed to replace them with any new recruits, are they just banking on local talent from within ?

Good to see South picking up a few, there's a lot of ground to make up but it should provide a base to build from & create some incentive for the younger guys to stick around.
There seems to be less movement with clubs prioritising retention & development from within.

Agree with 'Bama, in Marsh taking a step forward, they should get some ROI for getting games into their youth.
Agree and they seem to be recruiting specifically what they need and not players straight out of AFL/VFL so that’s a better strategy I reckon. I did hear 2-3 have verbally committed to stay 2 years min. If they can land 1 or 2 more then I can see huge improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Page/Leonard
There was speculation prior to the Grand Final that they were finishing up.
They have been great servants of Darley & you'd think most would be happy to see them go around again.

Kirby has gone back to Woorinen.

Re: Page/Leonard
There was speculation prior to the Grand Final that they were finishing up.
They have been great servants of Darley & you'd think most would be happy to see them go around again.

Kirby has gone back to Woorinen.
If your retired than you retire I reckon. Only case will be if they can’t recruit to cover there loss it might be an incentive to return. Retirement after a premiership is a great way to go out. Darley will be fine..

If your retired than you retire I reckon. Only case will be if they can’t recruit to cover there loss it might be an incentive to return. Retirement after a premiership is a great way to go out. Darley will be fine..

I thought Page might have had a year back at his junior club Kyneton to finish off.

It depends on circumstance really & it's probably why nothing has been announced one way or another - you're a long time retired after all, so if you can go around once more, why not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back