BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw in one of the local rags Melton have a few ex premiership players returning. I’d expect Bloods to be rejuvenated with new coach Scoble.
Think the couple of players that left for diggers last season are returning. Not sure of any others as they have been quite on the recruiting front like the majority of clubs this pre season.

Think the couple of players that left for diggers last season are returning. Not sure of any others as they have been quite on the recruiting front like the majority of clubs this pre season.

Both Hickeys back from Diggers,
Harrison Hanley back from injury & Bailey Mawson. Unsure about Mark Orr.

Heard from a few Melton people that said the relationship between Tymms & some senior players became a little bit worn towards the end of last season.

Unfortunately there's zero money in journalism anymore, local coverage has gone right back, maybe the geelong addy and border mail are the only papers that provide good footy coverage.

Even The afl coverage is s**t now, providing an analysis of the games played and previews of upcoming. They'd rather write about contracts, trades etc then the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True enough.
The Catvertiser & News Corp affiliates create some content so there's a reason to subscribe.
The Courier write a couple of articles a month, almost directly lifted from elsewhere & then stick it behind a paywall - counterintuitive as you'd imagine it'd be impacting their advertising revenue.

They’re not gonna get any new subscribers with the way it is now.
I have a folder saved with screenshots of all the grammar and spelling mistakes. It’s embarrassing, seriously I was taught how to use spell check on the PC in grade 1. Even misspelt headlines for Christ’s sake…

And it’s Ironic that the coverage is now at its lowest, when the resources (all games filmed, clubs social media pages, etc.) are as better then they’ve ever been.

I miss the days when you had to buy the physical copy on a Friday morning to get the teams & previews.

Unfortunately there's zero money in journalism anymore, local coverage has gone right back, maybe the geelong addy and border mail are the only papers that provide good footy coverage.

Even The afl coverage is s**t now, providing an analysis of the games played and previews of upcoming. They'd rather write about contracts, trades etc then the game

The addys alright if you follow Geelong, local sport coverage has been shocking for years now. Krocks Facebook page has a lot better content for the local leagues

I hate to keep harping on about this,
But this morning, we finally get an article about the BFL/CHFL & have a look at the quality.

I know it seems petty to knock someone’s spelling & grammar, but these aren’t isolated mistakes, it’s constant & been happening for years.

Proof-read before you print !
Makes it look so amateurish & unprofessional.

17F232B7-9C8B-4900-B45E-43C36667ED21.jpeg IMG_0578.jpeg IMG_0577.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back