Opinion Biased commentary of Geelong games

Remove this Banner Ad

Re commentary, I have tried to take the edge off it by looking at it this way -

In the first half of the match (when, to be fair, the Cats have been average this year) - laugh as the commentators yet again pump up the tyres of the opposition and forget about how Geelong usually comes back massively in the second half.

In the second half, laugh as the commentators realise that the Cats are going to win again and start furiously backpedaling to save themselves from embarassment.

And overall, take it as a compliment - everyone is sick of the Cats being good!

Re commentary, I have tried to take the edge off it by looking at it this way -

In the first half of the match (when, to be fair, the Cats have been average this year) - laugh as the commentators yet again pump up the tyres of the opposition and forget about how Geelong usually comes back massively in the second half.

In the second half, laugh as the commentators realise that the Cats are going to win again and start furiously backpedaling to save themselves from embarassment.

And overall, take it as a compliment - everyone is sick of the Cats being good!

Yeah, exactly what I said lol But you'd think they'd learn, we not BT, but the others would ???

Yep, spot on.

For me, BT is best summed up as player and commentator by that footage of him 'conversing' with the umpire.

For me too Cataholic! But from the video I posted today, it wasn't the only time he challenged the umpires. Looks like a 'Three Stooges' cartoon with him carrying on lol

For me too Cataholic! But from the video I posted today, it wasn't the only time he challenged the umpires. Looks like a 'Three Stooges' cartoon with him carrying on lol

He makes the Stooges look intellectual......he tries to be insightful, funny, knowledgeable and controversial but fails miserably on all counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reason 699 - why I hate Ch7 commentary - before declaring a goal, why can't they just wait until the ball is actually through the goal posts! So many times they shout goal and you can see it's a behind FFS!

Apparently Dermie on the radio was trying to say the hawks have been the best team of the last 6 years :rolleyes:
Last I checked Derm 3 in 6 >>>>>>>1 in 6

(I'm not sure exactly what he said as I only heard it second hand)

Apparently Dermie on the radio was trying to say the hawks have been the best team of the last 6 years :rolleyes:

Bahahahahahahahaha S48! That's just so hilarious, I'm pmsl Don't mention our 10-0 dominance for heaven's sake lol

Since there last flag, we have won 2. Pies have played in 2gfs and won 1. Saints have played in 2. The hawks have made gf. The reality is, they may be a good team at present, but they are not in the top 3 of best performing teams in the last 6 years. Poor old peroxide brain, wrong again.

Since there last flag, we have won 2. Pies have played in 2gfs and won 1. Saints have played in 2. The hawks have made gf. The reality is, they may be a good team at present, but they are not in the top 3 of best performing teams in the last 6 years. Poor old peroxide brain, wrong again.
Peroxide seeped into his brain so it's understandable he'll spew out nonsensical gibberish from time to time.

As is well known, ive made it a point to the KROCK and tv muted streaming options as long as its been available. It interesting to then go back and watch the TV replay on line or however and listen to the difference. It is staggering.

To the Bris Freo game, the circle jerking they were on about with Brisbane's list blooding new players and how may were out there under 44 games. 9 of them.... and how well they were doing with that ratio.

I want to say it was the Essendon game we had 7 under 50 gamers, were 7-0 and hardly a compliment amongst them....

@#%@#% ers....

GO Catters

As is well known, ive made it a point to the KROCK and tv muted streaming options as long as its been available. It interesting to then go back and watch the TV replay on line or however and listen to the difference. It is staggering.

To the Bris Freo game, the circle jerking they were on about with Brisbane's list blooding new players and how may were out there under 44 games. 9 of them.... and how well they were doing with that ratio.

I want to say it was the Essendon game we had 7 under 50 gamers, were 7-0 and hardly a compliment amongst them....

@#%@#% ers....

GO Catters

Yes, and we have blooded as many newbies over the last 2-3 years as any. Let 'em go for it, we all know they are unfortunately tossers bar Richo and Lingy. Still flying under the radar after all these years.

Imagine if we get to the GF this year we need to prepare for the fact that whoever we play will be talked up and up, will be the mostest bestest whatever, and if we look like winning we will be given credit around about 2 minutes from the siren. That's the script.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back