Rumour Big name from Port on the way out

Remove this Banner Ad

2572164-9475824956-00748.jpg
I was told a few weeks ago by a source close to interstate AFL teams that in order to get Charlie Dixon in, a big name is on the way out at Port. I didn't get any names form my source though. My source is based in QLD and was the one who informed me about the Beams move 10 months before it occurred, so he is on point with mail.

Damien Barrett has also eluded to it in his sliding doors article today, so take from that what you will. Apparently their salary cap is very tight.

Personally i think it will be either Robbie Gray or Hamish Hartlett who are squeezed out.

Wingard, Boak and Wines are untouchable.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited:
I was saying that you need to give up quality to get quality. Whether that be a player or picks is their choice, and Hartlett could have been a possibility. You really a flog if you have to go back to posts and quote them.
Nah, you didn't mention picks, you mentioned quality and specifically Hartlett and were wrong. It's ok o hear that people are wrong all the time. Not me of course, but people.

You really a flog if you have to go back to posts and quote them.

Yes, because you should be free to arrogantly talk as much uninformed s**t as you want without repercussions, and anybody who calls you out on talking uninformed s**t is the one who's a flog, not you. :rainbow:

d1956bce_211qvyuvdclt3ctn.gif

How's the red face? You must be from Melbourne because you're a ******* idiot.
You certainly did your cap no favours paying Charlie Dixon 600k to play 15 games a year. And Hartlett 750k :drunk::drunk:
I might've been wrong this year but it'll be a different story in the next few

You certainly did your cap no favours paying Charlie Dixon 600k to play 15 games a year. And Hartlett 750k :drunk::drunk:
Hey nimrod you do understand those figures are wrong right? you'll look even more stupid when Wines and Wingard sign again before the 2016 season even starts.

Last edited:
750 is what Richmond were offering he took less not to play at Richmond.

Hahaha, what?
Damn you're an idiot. Of course caps get stressed eventually, that's the whole effing point. But you have to spend it to be successful to stretch it ffs.

At least we're not paying Steven Morris 5 million dollars a year like Richmond are.*

*this is of course not true, but neither are the figures you quoted, so what's the difference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ho
How incredibly naive of you to believe everything the media says. Hartlett took much less than what Richmond were offering. Port's cap is well under control and allowances have been made for Wines and Wingard too. I am amused how much faith people put in Barrett's musings. He is continually proven to be wrong.

Classic case of denial by these Port fans who don't understand how a salary cap works. I mean in fairness you are from Adelaide so I'll give you a pass. But it was full before Dixon. Schulz is tipped to leave because you can't pay him.

Let's just wait and see what happens, think a few Port fans will be red faced.
:drunk:

Lol classic. You Port supporters sure are salty. Probably a bit bored since you have nothing to do this week after you'd been saving up all summer for grand final tickets.

Would love to keep talking s**t but we've got a final to play Sunday so I'll be off to read more about that.
How'd it go?

It was Richmond who offered Hartlett 750K, its been well documented that Hartlett has signed on for a lot less (more than a million less over the contract life). And Dixon is reportedly on less than 600K too.

I guess arguing over how much you are paying big recruits post trade week is a first world problem that Richmond doesn't face all that often - unless you are overpaying Yarran (for Yarran overpaying probably kicks in around 400K).

I was told a few weeks ago by a source close to interstate AFL teams that in order to get Charlie Dixon in, a big name is on the way out at Port. I didn't get any names form my source though. My source is based in QLD and was the one who informed me about the Beams move 10 months before it occurred, so he is on point with mail.

Point's as sharp as a bowling ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back