Podcast BigFooty Blues Podcast 2015 Ep 9 - Are You Laughing or Crying?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Thanks guys. I stayed to the end but it was difficult given the subject matter.

Malthouse explained Edelsten's presence in the coaches box as it being his turn. A group of Carlton supporters who contribute significant amounts of money and two of the members get this opportunity when Carlton plays at the 'G.

The fourth guy from the Lions is Polec. Brown is yet another media person who appears to dislike Carlton.

cheers, lads.

I know ShanDog strongly disagrees but Happy explained my thoughts on Warnock pretty well. They were determined to give Levi a spell and Jamo wasn't fit. So Warnock and Jaksch in for those 2 even if the late change fooled a few people with a backman for a ruckman. Wood did okay as a forward. Unfortunately we don't have many defensive tall options with White and Jamo missing plus Hendo getting injured. Sam did pretty adequately on Cloke all things considered.

Bryce on notice - good stuff, ODN! I thought he was particularly poor this week. Although there's been a malaise throughout the team all season since the 2nd quarter of the Richmond game. Mick needs to make a statement with one or two seniors - besides Levi pretty much no one has been dropped to play VFL. Soft performances have been excused by omissions through injury the following week. Hmmm...

Tackling at training - why not grab a sack of wheat and make an effigy of Dayne Zorko?

On Ellard - a favourite of the coach. I guess for me he works hard but has no outstanding match-winning attributes nor touches the ball enough. When we get belted in the uncontested possessions, we really need an extra player or two who are consistently rack up 25 touches - too many flanker types... 'rotate through the midfield' is a cliché but we need to strike a balance in blooding new players cos Carrots, Juddy and Simmo are beyond carrying the side - to that end Armfield and Ellard fill a role.

¿where the heck is Nick Graham? Shove him in at the centre bounces with Whiley and Cripps. These guys are the future and release Judd, Murphy and Gibbs to play outside and boost F50 entries.

Welcome back happy dad!

The fourth guy from the Lions is Polec. Brown is yet another media person who appears to dislike Carlton.

Yeah thought of it a few seconds later and realised his performance at Port was even better than Doc at Carlton.

Last warning - back off ODN or face the consequences. MEB, do have any extreme glares in stock atm?
Hmm...lemme check.

I've got a full stock of withering, about 5 left of contemptuous....ooh! Right at the back. I've got a small selection of extreme. Let me know if you want me to use it.

Last warning - back off ODN or face the consequences. MEB, do have any extreme glares in stock atm?

Let him defend himself. Typical ... when things get hot, he turns to water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MEB - GO GO GO

Great, the clique is rallying against me.

This post will probably be deleted and this will probably be my last post for a while since mods can't handle the truth, but I'm just calling it as I see it.

On self-delusion - The depth of our list and club culture has been our biggest delusion over the last 5 or so years. No one can convince me that we didn't have talent, the club culture just failed to shape what we did have into winning AFL players.

On self-delusion - The depth of our list and club culture has been our biggest delusion over the last 5 or so years. No one can convince me that we didn't have talent, the club culture just failed to shape what we did have into winning AFL players.

I suspect you are right. I think we did talk about development and the fact that we couldn't have got so many selections wrong but we've probably edited out some of the more rambling talk to make it easier to listen to.

Extreme glare engaged in the direction of The Old Dark Navy's

278120-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

I haven't listened to the edited, clean version of the podcast but I referenced one of these exchanges and it still sums up how I feel about the situation our club is in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back