Podcast BigFooty Blues Podcast Episode 25 - Good Talk, Hit the Showers! -

Remove this Banner Ad

Really good podcast guys, except for ODN's potty mouth.

I do have the full audio to exonerate myself if this ever goes to trial.

Which campaigner did you have a ******* go at ODN? I bet the goose probably deserved it!! :eek:

I can't remember. I don't listen to the podcast.

;)

I better speak to Chief to remove them! :p

....no not just yet, I am currently securing dates with 3 Asian women and negotiating a house and land package Merrifield Estate!

Bigfooty uses your internet history and cookies to target ads closely related to your searches...

What have you been looking at Tony Lynn 15?

Bigfooty uses your internet history and cookies to target ads closely related to your searches...

What have you been looking at Tony Lynn 15?

Really? That is hugely concerning? That said if that is the case I am surprised to not see any pop up ad's for Bo Peep, Snow White and The Seven Dwarf's or Nasal Sprays??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some clarification is required here. Bigfooty, like any normal website does not have access, even through javascript, to your browsing history or your cookies outside of it's own domain. So Bigfooty itself is not trawling through your stored browser history or cookies.

What is happening though, and it's happening all over the web now, is most sites that you visit will record information on the content you're accessing and store that information next to your IP address. Often this will be shared with advertising agencies or marketing firms which will in-turn then share that information with it's contacts. The result of this is that you (or at least your IP address) essentially have a 'browsing history' which is stored throughout the cloud.

Bigfooty, like most sites, uses advertising agencies (such as google adsense) to serve it's ads. It will usually supply a user's IP address and request something akin to "Find me the most relevant ad in your inventory for this user." Large ad networks such as Adsense will have access to all sorts of recorded information including your Google search results and previous websites visited in order to make this determination.

So yes, if you visits sites of, err, questionable moral integrity :) expect some ads relating to that material to show up when you browse other websites. However sometimes Ad agencies have a quota to fill, so note that receiving such ads doesn't always mean that someone on your computer has accessed something of that nature.

Also note that using "Private Browsing" type features of most major browsers only protects your own machine (by removing stored cookies and history) and won't affect the above process at all. I.E information is still being collected and shared about your browsing habits whilst in "private" mode, which could well result in 'related' ads appearing during future browsing sessions from that IP address.

Last edited:
I think some clarification is required here. Bigfooty, like any normal website does not have access, even through javascript, to your browsing history or your cookies outside of it's own domain. So Bigfooty itself is not trawling through your stored browser history or cookies.

What is happening though, and it's happening all over the web now, is most sites that you visit will record information on the content you're accessing and store that information next to your IP address. Often this will be shared with advertising agencies or marketing firms which will in-turn then share that information with it's contacts. The result of this is that you (or at least your IP address) essentially have a 'browsing history' which is stored throughout the cloud.

Bigfooty, like most sites, uses advertising agencies (such as google adsense) to serve it's ads. It will usually supply a user's IP address and request something akin to "Find me the most relevant ad in your inventory for this user." Large ad networks such as Adsense will have access to all sorts of recorded information including your Google search results and previous websites visited in order to make this determination.

So yes, if you visits sites of, err, questionable moral integrity :) expect some ads relating to that material to show up when you browse other websites. However sometimes Ad agencies have a quota to fill, so note that receiving such ads doesn't always mean that someone on your computer has accessed something of that nature.

Also note that using "Private Browsing" type features of most major browsers only protects your own machine (by removing stored cookies and history) and won't affect the above process at all. I.E information is still being collected and shared about your browsing habits whilst in "private" mode, which could well result in 'related' ads appearing during future browsing sessions from that IP address.
This is what I meant I just couldn't be bothered typing it. :p

This is what I meant I just couldn't be bothered typing it. :p

Yeah, I thought as much :) I just wanted to elaborate for anybody out there who's not that tech-savy and might think that Bigfooty is actually reaching in and reading private stuff off their machine .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back