Podcast BigFooty Blues Podcast Episode 32 - The Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Only lasted four minutes due to Wookie's terrible comments.

Same guys are still at the top? Kernahan, Swann, Icke, Ratten, Hughes are gone. LoGiudice, Trigg, McKay, Malthouse, Rogers in charge now and as far as recruiting goes they now have Elliott, Harris and Jordan on board who weren't there before. Completely different team "at the top" and in recruiting.

Knocking them for trading away pick 7 with the reasoning that he doesn't rate Liam Jones who wasn't even part of the pick 7 trade. This from the guy that knocked the club last year in their post draft podcast for not going hard enough for Jesse White and Quinten Lynch type tall forwards. As far as the trade itself goes, how much of this year's draft crop have you watched? Who would you have picked at #7 that is so much better than Jaksch, Whiley and 19? I don't have a crystal ball but from what I've seen (which is a lot more than you) Jaksch has better all round attributes than most of these highly rated tall besides Wright, McCartin, Goddard when he's on and possibly Lever who hasn't played since he did his knee and these other talls are the ones you would've been whining about if we'd overlooked them.

Always enjoy ShanDog's contributions and thought HappyDude used some good reasoning as to why he'd formed his opinions.

Sorry i cant conform to your way of thinking. Wait. Actually Im not sorry. It should be noted that I deliberately - as I do on the mainboard podcast - take an opposing side for the sake of spirited discussion.

I dont actually rate any of the three players we took in trades. Personal opinion. Again not sorry, and you can get off your goddamn horse until they've actually proven something. I do believe we should have retained pick 7 and i do firmly believe that its worth more than whatever we might get at pick 19.

And offence absolutely intended here, but you've no idea how much i've seen, nor do you have any idea if its a lot more than me you pompous ass.

Last edited:
Sorry i cant conform to your way of thinking. Wait. Actually Im not sorry. It should be noted that I deliberately - as I do on the mainboard podcast - take an opposing side for the sake of spirited discussion.

I dont actually rate any of the three players we took in trades. Personal opinion. Again not sorry, and you can get off your goddamn horse until they've actually proven something. I do believe we should have retained pick 7 and i do firmly believe that its worth more than whatever we might get at pick 19.
That's actually an even worse response than I was expecting. Deliberately take an opposing side? No you didn't. HappyDude said he was underwhelmed as well but used his brain to say why. I see you haven't been able to address any point I made so I'll ask again. Why are you using Liam Jones as a reason for not being happy about trading pick 7 when he wasn't even part of the trade? I never said anything about pick 19 being better than pick 7, I said Jaksch projects as being better performed and having better all round attributes than the talls that will be available at pick 7. So again, who would you have drafted at pick 7 and why are they better than Jaksch as well as Whiley and pick 19 on top of it.

Seeing as you avoided this point as well please tell me how the same people are still at the top if LoGiudice, Trigg, McKay, Malthouse, Rogers and a new recruiting team have replaced Kernahan, Swan, Icke, Ratten and Hughes? Having a constructive view of what the club is doing wrong or needs to change is great, ranting and being negative for the sake of it just makes you come across as one of those troglodytes that throws their shoes at the TV when we're losing.

And offence absolutely intended here, but you've no idea how much you've seen, nor do you have any idea if its a lot more than me you pompous ass.
As for this little gem, yes I do actually have an idea how much I've seen. That's about as sensible a thing to say as informing us that pick 7 is worth more than pick 19 :D No offence taken, I'd rather be a pompous ass than an internet weirdo that makes creepy remarks to a lady half their age :)

Some podcast controversy.

I think this is the longest a podcast thread has lasted without resorting to Simpson's quotes.

Excellent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What program do you guys use to record your podcasts?

I want to record some for an nba fantasy league (don't judge me) with a mate that lives interstate.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What program do you guys use to record your podcasts?

I want to record some for an nba fantasy league (don't judge me) with a mate that lives interstate.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will send you a PM with some details Kruz

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

my cat smells like dim sims

RE: POdcast

Generally agree with the Warnock sentiments. Games tallest witches hat, would take a 90% fit MK with Cas as a chop out any day.

Don't think we'll miss Robbo, Jeffy nor Waite too much. Jones is a meh trade, but remember it had no bearing on the trade with GWS and for #46 represents good value.

The 3 for 1 will be seen as a masterstroke in around 3 years even if #19 is a bust. Whiley alone is better than anything we would have picked up with #7, Jaksh is elite talent and will be proven so over time.

my cat smells like dim sims

RE: POdcast

Generally agree with the Warnock sentiments. Games tallest witches hat, would take a 90% fit MK with Cas as a chop out any day.

Don't think we'll miss Robbo, Jeffy nor Waite too much. Jones is a meh trade, but remember it had no bearing on the trade with GWS and for #46 represents good value.

The 3 for 1 will be seen as a masterstroke in around 3 years even if #19 is a bust. Whiley alone is better than anything we would have picked up with #7, Jaksh is elite talent and will be proven so over time.
We have pinned Alot of hope on potential in recent time so I am a little sceptical about it.

Having said that anything we took with pick 7 would have been recruited based on potential.

I'll be happy to call it a win if even one of those players comes good.

I think we could've done better or not any worse than Jones for 46,happy to be wrong and I support any blues player as I want the best from them.

Just some points on your discussion guys:

1. Jaksch is unproven being so young
Reply: #7 was always going to be younger :) How would that have made him proven?

2. Getting a pick in the top ten shouldn't be traded unless it's a Judd.
Relpy: Much too hard and fast rule. General consensus is that after the first four or so picks, it's somewhat even for the next 15 or so selections.
Feeling seems to have been that we wouldn't get the premium talent and may do something not to distant with #19 to what we would have with #7 and that Jaksch is at least as good as for any tall that we may have taken at that #7

3. You don't trade for bit players with limited potential.
Reply: Rogers rated Jaksch a top five pick in 2012, He's at a better age than for an 18 year old that will need time in the system. Not a bit player.

4. Liam Jones may turn out to be a superstar with a better coach.
Reply: I doubt any one of us really expect Jones to be anything more than a role player and we all know which role that will be.
We have to remember that we gave up pick #46 here and not #19 or even #28

5. Same guys still at the top.
Reply: Nah, that's simply not true. :)

6. When discussing what may be seen as a contentious decision in our trading #7 for Jaksch, Whiley and #19 one has to look at things from a List Management viewpoint and ask, "If we didn't do that trade what would have we done with the extra 2 list spots"?
That may not matter to some but what would have been done? An extra DFA or two? Picks #79 & #97? Forced to hold onto McLean, Robinson or Lucas against our will and culture shift?

No way is pick 7 guaranteed to be a star but we passed up a chance that a top 5 rated pick (most likely KPP) slides to us. There isn't much in it just waiting and seeing if it was the right call or not but I'm not heaping praise on the club yet, neither am I calling it the wrong move.

I'll be happy if Jones is a role player in our side and doesn't just play forward for the ants.

Yeah I disagree with the podcast not liking the trade for 7- jaksch, 19 and whiley, I reckon we'll be winners in that one, yet to be seen but I'm happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back