Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure anyone could find out, but I could probably ask around. Knut mixed an album for a mate's band (Astriaal) some years back and I'm sure they'd keep in touch somehow. Speaking of Astriaal, I think they have something in the works too. Gryph is a massive Hawks man is regularly down for games.

Loved the Astriaal debut, played that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22589043.jpg

Anyone heading into Carcass & Napalm Death tomorrow? It'd be nice to meet up for a drink and put some faces to names.

Yep am going in with a mate (possibly two) beforehand. In true 'guy style' the logistics are yet to be determined but given doors open 9pm, probably be at the Espy for an adult beverage around 8-8:30pm. Got a 30th the following night so need to take things easy...not as young as we used to be :drunk:.

Happy to catch up if you are keen??

Yep am going in with a mate (possibly two) beforehand. In true 'guy style' the logistics are yet to be determined but given doors open 9pm, probably be at the Espy for an adult beverage around 8-8:30pm. Got a 30th the following night so need to take things easy...not as young as we used to be :drunk:.

Happy to catch up if you are keen??

Mate, I'd love to. Meet you at the espy if you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checked out the new Slayer song "When the Stillness Comes" posted online by Nuclear Blast. Sounds unfinished....starts off like a demo. Disappointing.
Liked most new Slayxer stuff quite a bit even with the older stuff being so much betzter. But this new track is seriously uninspired and bad. No power in it. You are right really disappointing.

Carcass and Napalm Death were a lot of fun. Asides from an issue with Bill's amp during Buried Dreams, Carcass sounded magnificent; Jeff has such a unique vocal style, and he sounds just as good live as he does in the studio. And going on his between songs banter, he also has prospects in stand-up comedy if playing in a metal band no longer pays the bills. Napalm Death were as energetic as ever, but a little different to the two previous times I'd seen them; it was weird seeing them without Mitch on guitar, and Barney didn't rant quite as much as he normally does. An excellent performance by both bands (and the portion of Extortion's set I saw was also impressive), and one I was happy to attend.

It was great meeting you, Dee Snider, hope to catch up at gigs again!

Spot on James and we shall catch up again. Carcass were as tight as I have seen them. Jeff has always been right at the top of my tree in terms of extreme vocalists going round...he sets the standard for me. Good crowd too. Followed up with a 30th the following night with the Airbourne guys in attendance and even a cameo form Andrew Haug (Opeth hoodie and all) graced us with his presence towards the end (bit of namedropping here I know) for a free beer.

Pies got up over that current AFL powerhouse St.Kilda....Was a good weekend.

Just listening to the new Paradise Lost song "No Hope in Sight" and its official - I am excited for the new album. Production much better than the previous two by Jens Bogren (not that there was anything bad about these two but the guitar tone was a little synthtic for me..). If I could post a link from work I would...great combination of all their influences...death/doom/goth etc.

Feeling trendy so picked up Hate - Solarflesh and Dark Fortress - Venereal Dawn tonight. Actually really liking Solarflesh. Sounds like an Immolation twist on Behemoth.

Speaking of Behemoth, I only learned last night that Nergal used a telecaster on The Satanist. Well not an actual tele, but an ESP tele style that I assume is loaded with hot rails or something. But still. No wonder the guitar cuts through the mix so well and justifies why I want one next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back