Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
769fe4d6ee72df273cb0e24f2b15e448.jpg

Have to say I'm liking depth in defence. We have 3 very good CB's imo, or more accurately 3 CB's that I trust not to * up. Having Dier at the base of midfield has been a master stroke imo

But what I am loving is the depth in fullbacks. Not fussed which two they pick on any given day.

I don't think we have to worry about bus parking next week, City will come at us. If our defence stands up there is no reason why we can't get 3 points. Without Kompany City's defence will not cope with our ball movement.

Trying to come up with a Supercoach name for this year. Thought of these so far:
1.noonelikesagunner
2.gunnersareloners
3.eplredteamssuck
4.mouisasociopath
5.woolwichoutofN17
6.poorformwenger

Stats time.

• Last time we have conceded 19 goals after 25 games. 1935
  • Highest league position at this point of the seasons since 1985
  • Last time we finished 2nd in the league was 1963.
Just hope we can keep it up.
Lol don't make those stats public!

That 1985 team was the season I first went to the Lane. Great on their day but they lacked heart. At times the defending was pants - nothing like now. We were more a cup team back then

I don't think we have to worry about bus parking next week, City will come at us. If our defence stands up there is no reason why we can't get 3 points. Without Kompany City's defence will not cope with our ball movement.
Pace is what does City imo, we need to counter at every opportunity

We rely on our full backs for pace, we aren't exactly that quick up top.

I think they can cope with our ball movement, but they need to apply themselves properly and that hasn't happened much without Kompany.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pace is what does City imo, we need to counter at every opportunity

We rely on our full backs for pace, we aren't exactly that quick up top.

I think they can cope with our ball movement, but they need to apply themselves properly and that hasn't happened much without Kompany.
It looks like Kompany may start which would be a big risk in such an important game.
Still think we have everything to look forward to in this one. If we can improve our conversion with chances it may even be a rout. The players don't fear anyone and that's good enough for me.

This

Smells a bit like we did with Khumalo

We had Friedel and Dempsey in the past too, but they were key players for us when they were here.
At least Yedlin looks slightly EPL quality. We were just used to get him on the books of a club in England who would then sell or loan him from there

Is Verts going to get back in this team :D

Also I'd like to see Trippier as our starting RB now. Walker can be the Europa/FA cup starter.

What a win though. Two week break until the next prem game - comes at a bad time for us!

10 points ahead of Utd.

The longer I dont look up the closer we get to the top :D

Not sure if Fox Sports have the same feed I do here in NZ, but did you guys see the players & coaching staff at the end of the game?

Often speak to my mate in the UK, season ticket holder and great man who has gotten me to 10 Spurs games in my life.

He is shitting bricks.

We are on the cusp, surely champions league is close to being sewn up.

Last edited:
Is Verts going to get back in this team :D

Also I'd like to see Trippier as our starting RB now. Walker can be the Europa/FA cup starter.

What a win though. Two week break until the next prem game - comes at a bad time for us!
He was back to some of those mare passes today. I'd start him in the NLD because he'll get up for that at home but at Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Upton Park and Brittania....NO!

10 points ahead of Utd.

The longer I dont look up the closer we get to the top :D

Not sure if Fox Sports have the same feed I do here in NZ, but did you guys see the players & coaching staff at the end of the game?
Yeah, Poch went over to everyone congratulating them, giving them hugs n stuff. Was a great pouring of emotion from him.

Away fans gave him a huge roar when he came over also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back