List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No chance from what I have heard. I would be really surprised, considering the talk if we did not bring in a A grade talent ie shiel and a B plus talent. Who that secondary talent is, I have my guess and have mentioned his name when i first mentioned shiel last year. Heres a tip it starts with B
Hoping its Bontempelli or Bennell but its either Craig Bird or Brandon Jack from Sydney or Brandon Matera from GC.

No chance from what I have heard. I would be really surprised, considering the talk if we did not bring in a A grade talent ie shiel and a B plus talent. Who that secondary talent is, I have my guess and have mentioned his name when i first mentioned shiel last year. Heres a tip it starts with B

I will list this article below. I think a realistic chance to get Shiel is if he nominates us, imo highly likely and the AFL brings in trading of future picks. So something like our first rounder this year and a swap of our second rounder next year for there third rounder. They may want a established player, if they believe there window is wide open but also a pick to recruit elite talent.

To be honest, I would not be surprised if we traded Tyrone or Griffiths and our next years second rounder for shiel.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y-bidding-system/story-fni5f3kt-1227364185716

The main quote to take note is "GWS’s Dylan Shiel and Sydney’s Lewis Jetta could be on their way out to bring in more picks, and essentially more points, to “pay” for the kids"

B.....B....?

Byfe......

Too much of a pest

1861-i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Bob Murphy... Would have really like him a few years ago. But his role at the Doggies is too important for him to leave....Just watched the vid of him from the preseason on afl.com....Quality player & Tiger supporter growing up I think???

Bob Murphy... Would have really like him a few years ago. But his role at the Doggies is too important for him to leave....Just watched the vid of him from the preseason on afl.com....Quality player & Tiger supporter growing up I think???

Manadue reminds me so much of Bobby when Bobby was just starting out. If Manadue can be half the player bobby became, i would be stoked

Manadue reminds me so much of Bobby when Bobby was just starting out. If Manadue can be half the player bobby became, i would be stoked

You know , just between you & I. Speaking to him for a little while a few weeks ago. I could imagine that happening. He just seemed like such a level, grounded, hardworking young man.

Preseasons would be daunting but he didn't seem daunted or full of self importance either. Just want to work hard & do his best....Got a very good feeling about him & the other draftees from his crop....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had Deledio posters on his wall

i have heard bugg :). His name keeps getting mentioned. I am not as solid on my info as I believe I have been on Shiel but its getting louder. He is like a younger jackson in the sense, heaps of mongrel which we lack.
Well my old man has been mates with buggs old man for like 30 years. Might have to get him to give bugg senior a call and start the recruitment ;)

i have heard bugg :). His name keeps getting mentioned. I am not as solid on my info as I believe I have been on Shiel but its getting louder. He is like a younger jackson in the sense, heaps of mongrel which we lack.
He's also nothing like Jackson, in that he's shorter and considerably less solidly-built (184cm/80kg compared with Jacko 188/95).

He is a Caulfield Grammar lad though, and FJ has strong connections there. Pretty limited tagger but wouldn't be opposed as steak knives I guess.

Mcdonough clearly has talent think he's gone next season.

What would his trade value be?

Is there anyone in SA that we could do a straight swap with where both parties could win?
With Port's cap reportedly 'bursting' we should definitely shake the tree. Wines won't leave but he would be absolutely perfect for us. Pittard, Hartlett, Trengove should all be spoken to. I've been bullish on Plugger but would send him home with a decent pick attached if we can get one of those guys on board.

What would it honestly take for us to get Yarran?
He clearly isn't enjoying himself at Calrton.
Him and Houli on opposite flanks would be awesome.
Lennon for Yarran
Conca & #8 & #26 for Shiel, Bugg & #32

In: D. Shiel, T. Bugg, C. Yarran, #32
Out: B. Lennon, R. Conca, #8, #26

Could argue plenty of FORS and AGAINSTS but the reality is quality costs quality.

B: S. Morris, A. Rance, D. Grimes
HB: B. Houli, T. Chaplin, C. Yarran
C: B. Ellis, T. Cotchin, S. Grigg
HF: B. Deledio, B. Griffiths, S. Edwards
F: T. Vickery, J. Riewoldt, D. Martin
R: I. Maric, D. Shiel, A. Miles
Int: T. Bugg, C. Ellis, N. Vlastuin, K. McIntosh

At the draft I'd target: (#32, #44, #62)
  • a young bull mid (188cm+)
  • small forward
  • ruckman
Plenty of flankers and KPPs running around already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back