Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently had dinner with an old school mate who was on an AFL list and one of the Carlton players that has been on more than 1 AFL list. Obviously i didn't press (even though i wanted to), but he said that while he tried not to read too much into things (too busy keeping his spot every weekend) Carlton was the first Club he has been at where the players quite literally all go their separate ways after training/games/events etc. He said that while they didn't not get along, they arent even remotely as close knit as any other club he has been at. And thats including the guys that have been together 5+ years.

Nothing there you probably can't see if you attend training etc, or watch games. But interesting nonetheless.

Been like that for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you guys got it. I'm sure the hint that he is constantly concentrating on keeping his spot is enough to split the two above. Pretty sure one is a walk up starter every week.

And on current form, shouldn't be.

Anything about Mick?

Didn't ask to be honest. I was wanting to throw a million questions at him, but only asked when it fit in with the current conversation.

Plus i doubt he'd have anything bad to say about Mick anyway.

I asked what a few of the players were like personality wise etc, just to try and match my impressions from what i see on the field, but didn't really press any further. I honestly think he couldn't care less about club or player issues, is just happy to be there and only focusing on staying.

Was surprised to hear that Murph is apparently a bit of a competitive monster, but keeps it really bottled up. While Gibbs is also very driven and competitive but has a bit of a "To try is to show a lack of perfection" kind of aura. Those are my words too.

Ohh, he also mentioned that he thought it was odd that the only players that were really close, are no longer at the club. Mitch/Eddie/Jeffy etc.

Eddie was th glue and the leader and mentor- Malthouse and his famous people skills - group dynamics 101...

Ohh, he also mentioned that he thought it was odd that the only players that were really close, are no longer at the club. Mitch/Eddie/Jeffy etc.

I thought Simmo and 1AW were very close.

Interesting, I always seen Juddy being apart off the field but the whole team? That's a little weird.

I was at a party once with many of the Hawks champs from the eighties those guys were still as thick as thieves and so were their better halves. Could certainly sink a few, Dipper was a great bloke.

I know that Cachia's partner, Robbo's partner, Bec Judd, and Walker's wife hang out...maybe when the boys were split up and the partners were split up the ones that were left behind aren't really friends outside of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back