Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that SOS and GWS have a gentleman's agreement for us not to raid/plunder the Giants young stars so i don't expect us to try and snare a Shiel or Treloar.

Nothing based on any info i heard, just a gut feeling/intuition i have.

And if this were to be true in any way and impacts on Sos's decision making he should be sacked immediately.

Hopefully your gut feeling is wrong as we need to get things right and be ruthless at seasons end, no matter who it bothers.

Well maybe it was a condition of GWS to let SOS return home, I don't see why they would have let a guy who has done a phenomenal job building their list go without a fight.

Hope I'm wrong..

I call this bullshit. I know personally that some of the senior players play golf together. I know personally that some of the newbies play golf , hangout and talk s**t together.

In my opinion the club is a business, dont really need friends..we need leaders who can be bloody professional on and off the field.

I call this bullshit. I know personally that some of the senior players play golf together. I know personally that some of the newbies play golf , hangout and talk s**t together.

In my opinion the club is a business, dont really need friends..we need leaders who can be bloody professional on and off the field.
Also didnt Thomas, Murphy and Gibbs all go overseas together in the offseason?

Yes it's not what it used to be

Thomas' words about footy being a chore was backed up by one of the coaches

So stands to reason some players will and some won't bond off the field

Certainly though the closer you are the better I would have thought

Though in saying that there is the arguement that just bec you're not super duper close off the field doesn't mean when you get together to play football you aren't close

I played footy in high school and the team comprised a multitude of diff cliques for use of a better word but once we got into change room and got our gear on and ran out onto the ground we are as close as could be. Something special happened - kids that didn't talk to each other much at all at school had a bond and were prepared to risk life and limb for each other

I can't say if that's how it works at CFC but if it doesn't thats a huge shame and maybe more a deeper comment about the lack of character and leadership among the group

Well maybe it was a condition of GWS to let SOS return home, I don't see why they would have let a guy who has done a phenomenal job building their list go without a fight.

Hope I'm wrong..
He had the following high picks after mini drafts, trades etc.....

2012- 1,2,3,12,14,27

2013- 1,2,14,29

2014- 4,6,7,23,24

Pretty hard not to get it close to right wouldn't you think and as I mentioned they added some good talent via mini draft, trades etc as well.

Sos was always coming back to Melbourne and they probably knew it befor ehe even went up there.

Well I can assure you that it is precisely what was said, so take it or leave it.

I'm sure that some of the guys do hang out, but in comparison to the teams he has been on in the past it was a complete 360 as far as team spirit etc are concerned. And he did make a point of saying that in his experience it was "unusual".

He had the following high picks after mini drafts, trades etc.....

2012- 1,2,3,12,14,27

2013- 1,2,14,29

2014- 4,6,7,23,24

Pretty hard not to get it close to right wouldn't you think and as I mentioned they added some good talent via mini draft, trades etc as well.

Sos was always coming back to Melbourne and they probably knew it befor ehe even went up there.

We had No 1 three years in a row and got it wrong.
Plus a lot of his picks outside the Top 10 have been beauties (eg. Cam McCarthy)

We had No 1 three years in a row and got it wrong.
Plus a lot of his picks outside the Top 10 have been beauties (eg. Cam McCarthy)

Gibbs and Murphy will both possibly be 250+ game players for the Carlton Football Club yet were mistakes, whilst McCarthy has played a total of 8 games but is a beauty?

Please.

I guess the saying is true that the grass is always greener on the other side......

OK maybe not mistakes, but gross underperformers.
Have Gibbs or Murphy ever consistently played at the high level expected of them ? 1 All Australian between them since 2006.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling that SOS and GWS have a gentleman's agreement for us not to raid/plunder the Giants young stars so i don't expect us to try and snare a Shiel or Treloar.

Not sure I get your gut feel here. GWS (and I give a good deal of credit to SOS for this) is in the enviable position of having a cupboard choc full of surplus players with currency and required players who they can replace if those players want out. They can replace them, as they did Boyd, with players they already have on their list PLUS net a good return in trades, as they did with Boyd and Adams. They also have stockpiled so many excess players with currency they can let them go cheaply as they did with Jaksch and pick 19 as long as they net top 10 picks at every draft from now til Kingdom come.

GWS will not get raided by anyone. They will use the draft and the trade table to keep improving and maintaining their list and will be just as happy to deal with us as anyone in the long queue after their available talent if we can negotiate suitably.

Another day off DVB. :eek::eek::eek:

Recently had dinner with an old school mate who was on an AFL list and one of the Carlton players that has been on more than 1 AFL list. Obviously i didn't press (even though i wanted to), but he said that while he tried not to read too much into things (too busy keeping his spot every weekend) Carlton was the first Club he has been at where the players quite literally all go their separate ways after training/games/events etc. He said that while they didn't not get along, they arent even remotely as close knit as any other club he has been at. And thats including the guys that have been together 5+ years.

Nothing there you probably can't see if you attend training etc, or watch games. But interesting nonetheless.

Was your mate on the Bulldogs list named Paul? Is the Carlton player Everitt?
I reckon this sounds about right, there definitely seems the be cliques.

Does anyone suspect as I do that the recent comments by Malthouse with regards to the Club's rebuilding may have come after he was unofficially/officially told by the hierarchy that he would definitely not be at Carlton next year?

It would stand to reason that any employee waiting to discover if they were getting a new contract would not publicly contradict their employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back