Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if Yazz is still dating Michelle Trewartha?

I see she has just accepted a new job up in Sydney.

Yes I was thinking the same. He criticized the idea of waiting for the bye period. He's basically gone rogue the last week so he's almost forcing the club to act now. This is all very odd. I've always admired the way Mick has coached but his actions lately seem very selfish. At the same time though the club have handled things poorly. They've been unable to stick to a plan and have bowed to media fueled pressure. Weak.
If he wants to act like a child then kick him out the door.

If he wants to act like a child then kick him out the door.

Think you'll find with Mick that once he knows the club is not behind him he will talk out of turn.

He's been more and more vocal in opposition to the 'club's' public utterings and particularly since Trigg has come on board. As has been mentioned Sticks and Swan employed him and if they were still there I think this would have been playing out a lot differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you'll find with Mick that once he knows the club is not behind him he will talk out of turn.

He's been more and more vocal in opposition to the 'club's' public utterings and particularly since Trigg has come on board. As has been mentioned Sticks and Swan employed him and if they were still there I think this would have been playing out a lot differently.

Well yeah fair enough, pretty hard to keep a straight face when you know you're not being backed, isn't it
Not a good liar then is Mick
He is old school after all

And just on this whole saga, regardless of what anyone thinks of Malthouse as a coach or person the Carlton board have once again showed they are completely inept at running a professional football club.

It has been publicly stated that everybody directly concerned with the list including Malthouse knew exactly where they were at during meetings in the off season (ie in a rebuild phase). The smart play would have been to either re-appoint Mick before the season started as the man nominated to take the club through that phase and thus ending any speculation re coaches, or to say nothing at all publicly and let him coach out the remainder of his contract, with the option to re-assess (without public comment) based on results year to date and sack him if desired.

Public infighting seems to be business as usual at Carlton.

Last edited:
Well yeah fair enough, pretty hard to keep a straight face when you know you're not being backed, isn't it

Only got to look at his last year at Collingwood. Once he knew he wouldn't be coach it was every man for himself.

Edit: Carlton obviously learned nothing about the man from that experience and haven't handled him well at all.

See I disagree. If he got the team to perform then everyone would line up behind him again.
But now when things have gone to crap with the team, he is acting like a petulant child. If he had a moral compass he would realise that the important thing is getting the team playing well. He is not that important. He is not the main act.

See I disagree. If he got the team to perform then everyone would line up behind him again.
But now when things have gone to crap with the team, he is acting like a petulant child. If he had a moral compass he would realise that the important thing is getting the team playing well. He is not that important. He is not the main act.

He knows the important thing here is the players, he's not fighting them he's fighting the board. As I said above a big part of good people management is knowing who you are dealing with. If the board had gone about this a different way we wouldn't have all this crap going on.

Fact is the team's not very good and whether it be him or someone else it will take some time to get back up the ladder.

And just on this whole saga, regardless of what anyone thinks of Malthouse as a coach or person the Carlton board have once again showed they are completely inept at running a professional football club.

If has been publicly stated that everybody directly concerned with the list including Malthouse knew exactly where they were at during meetings in the off season (ie in a rebuild phase). The smart play would have been to either re-appoint Mick before the season started as the man nominated to take the club through that phase and thus ending any speculation re coaches, or to say nothing at all publicly and let him coach out the remainder of his contract, with the option to re-assess (without public comment) based on results year to date and sack him if desired.

Public infighting seems to be business as usual at Carlton.

If the board had of reappointed Mick prior at the start of this season and we subsequently performed as we have the media and supporters would be calling for the board's blood due to signing Mick early when he still had a year to run on his contract.

The board have genuinely tried to manage this with respect to all parties, Supporters (by not committing to a coach until we can see performance improvement and growth) & Mick (providing transparency and commitment by stating upfront that the decision would be left to the second half of the season). We possibly could have managed the PR aspect better however the intent of the club was always respectful.

Unfortunately Mick put this on the Agenda prior to the season commencing when he was interviewed by the Footy Show and suggested that he be signed up early in order to alleviate the players and coaching staff from the concern around whether Mick would be there beyond 2015 or not.

The club would have wanted and expected that Mick accept the fact that his contract finishes in October and will be determined towards that time - that is a reasonable and considered approach. If the team had won 5 of the next 10 games, or at the very least played with the same spirit shown towards the end of last season I believe it would have made it difficult not to consider extending Mick by a further couple of years.

Mick's comments in the media recently have been divisive, aggressive and selfish. An outcome will happen today and Mick will be moved on and I for one agree with the decision.

Only got to look at his last year at Collingwood. Once he knew he wouldn't be coach it was every man for himself.

Edit: Carlton obviously learned nothing about the man from that experience and haven't handled him well at all.

Yes the irony is you can imagine Mick being warned when he decided to go to Carlton ("watch your back Mick this is Carlton, they demand success and won't hesitate to sack you") and similarly you can imagine the board being warned about appointing Mick ("watch you back, Mick has a history of putting hoimself ahead of the club")

Both parties have made mistakes

Oh I am not excusing him
But I think some other people would also find it hard to keep a straight face
Depends on the person, whether you are a 'go quietly' person or not

I don't think he is hiding from the team's performances, he has stated it is a results business and he will take it like a man if he gets the tap on the shoulder

But if you know the tap is coming, it is pretty hard to quietly wait for the execution, surely ??

Not that that is a good thing though, just saying it is difficult

If the board had of reappointed Mick prior at the start of this season and we subsequently performed as we have the media and supporters would be calling for the board's blood due to signing Mick early when he still had a year to run on his contract.

The board have genuinely tried to manage this with respect to all parties, Supporters (by not committing to a coach until we can see performance improvement and growth) & Mick (providing transparency and commitment by stating upfront that the decision would be left to the second half of the season). We possibly could have managed the PR aspect better however the intent of the club was always respectful.

Unfortunately Mick put this on the Agenda prior to the season commencing when he was interviewed by the Footy Show and suggested that he be signed up early in order to alleviate the players and coaching staff from the concern around whether Mick would be there beyond 2015 or not.

The club would have wanted and expected that Mick accept the fact that his contract finishes in October and will be determined towards that time - that is a reasonable and considered approach. If the team had won 5 of the next 10 games, or at the very least played with the same spirit shown towards the end of last season I believe it would have made it difficult not to consider extending Mick by a further couple of years.

Mick's comments in the media recently have been divisive, aggressive and selfish. An outcome will happen today and Mick will be moved on and I for one agree with the decision.

If the board had reappointed Mick it would/should have been with the unanimous understanding that the club was rebuilding the list and that could have been communicated publicly at the time of reappointment.

That may have upset supporters who were looking for swift upward motion but to coin Kernahan everybody at the club would/should have both privately and publicly stuck fat until the right team was in place and always with the explicit understanding that this could take years. A decent part of why this club has gone nowhere for so long is due to constant infighting and flip flopping involving the board.

It is what it is and Mick will be gone but what I want to know is when will this board start backing the coach/coaching staff and stay the course until the job is done.

And just to be clear, the board signs off on appointing the head coach so ask yourself this, where should we place responsibility when coach after coach doesn't seem to make any difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back