Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Army and white, giving them 2 years allows them to continue to do the team things, put others first etc.

A 1 year deal and playing for your life might cause them to play "me first" footy to try and get that last year and defeat the purpose of having them on the list in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just on rumors (or absence thereof).

As a football voyeur and with an almost insatiable need for any information on the Blues, I lament the lack of rumors coming out of the club.

As a lover of the Blues, however, I'm ecstatic that the leaks have come to a trickle. Happy to forgo my selfish needs in favor of a more professional approach. Another great sign the club is on the right path with good people. Well done SOS and co.

Now, ... what's the latest rumour?
:)

So true.

I come on here everyday to see if there's any reputable rumours, then I get pissed at the club for leaking it.

Most would disagree, but I'd actually back in armfield to get a game at the hawks. Plenty of aggression, effort, tackle pressure, good goal sense, speed, creates the play - skills are nowhere near as bad as some people make out.
Of their 22 who played on Saturday, who would Army replace in that side?

So true.

I come on here everyday to see if there's any reputable rumours, then I get pissed at the club for leaking it.

I think we can at least accept the following as something close to being the case:

1. Plowman - Keen to come and we want him
2. Tomlinson - We are very keen on him.
3. Carlisle - Wants to come but we're not prepared to pay what he wants....yet.
4. We've had discussions in regards to Tom Boyd.
5. We've been keen on Aish but feeling is that we're not his preference.
6. We're very keen on Mayes but feelings similar to Aish.
7. We'd like Lennon.

* Happy to be corrected on the above if things have changed

Remember that there are many parties other than just our football club involved in leaks......Other clubs, players, friends & family etc.
Then there are player managers who will use every device possible to leverage their players (and themselves) into better deals.

Regarding Army and white, giving them 2 years allows them to continue to do the team things, put others first etc.

A 1 year deal and playing for your life might cause them to play "me first" footy to try and get that last year and defeat the purpose of having them on the list in the first place.

Strange take. Doing the team things is the only reason either get a game.

I dont think any of us are in a position to fairly evaluate players like armfield and white. Even the hawks have their weak links that are performing in their highly evolved footy environment. I am sure the cats had the same ditto Brisbane years ago. PLAY YOUR ROLE. That explains it all. We need unselfish players that will give 100% physically every week , These two players have demonstrated this. They are physically tough and mentally strong as well. Sure on the skill level barometer they are not off the charts, but you cant fill your team with absolute champions any more. You need to be able to develop a role for players that have limited skill but use those skills in a particularly effective way and so become a piece of the jig saw in other words they play their role. Good coaches understand this and know how to best play the hand that they are dealt. I am hoping that Bolton is one of those coaches. I believe, unlike many that Malthouse was as well. But he was not backed by the club for the long term. Ratten got the best out of our list but I believe his failings were that he refused to acknowledge that our list was not good enough and we did not have enough role players. He was happy with the highlight reels of betts yarran garlett walker judd, but ultimately failed to find enough role players that allowed us to take the next step.
I look at betts now and how he is now a much more effective player than with us. Laidler is playing a role. I think deep down everyone is afraid of what will happen if Yarran goes to another club. He could and probably would take the next step and start a andrew macleod type career.
I want to give Bolton the chance to assess the list , work out the roles that each of our existing players can have in his new game plan and let those players blossom. I feel that armfields pace and Whites toughness and flexibility could possibly add to a new team structure under Bolton. They wont be our stars but they could be very good role players.

Strange take. Doing the team things is the only reason either get a game.

Yeah that's my point, it's much easier for them to continue to do the team things when they have the security of 2 years. Plus shows the list that they will be rewarded and looked after if they do do the team things.

Yeah that's my point, it's much easier for them to continue to do the team things when they have the security of 2 years. Plus shows the list that they will be rewarded and looked after if they do do the team things.

But they didn't try to do selfish individual things this year as their contracts ran out.

You want physical guys that give their all and put the club first when in a position like ours.

We could be in for an even tougher year next year, and if I was a young kid like Weitering Id rather be developing next to someone like white as opposed to Giles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think of the added selflessness that a 2 year deal will bring!?

Nah. They know why they are there. Trying to become something they aren't by adding x factor will only hurt them.

You want physical guys that give their all and put the club first when in a position like ours.

We could be in for an even tougher year next year, and if I was a young kid like Weitering Id rather be developing next to someone like white as opposed to Giles.

Sadly White is one who puts our young guys under pressure by constantly turning the ball over and creating unnecessary contests...hard, team first football should be a minimum standard going forward.

Some people are just naturally selfless, e.g. Armfield. I doubt the length of his contract makes him any more or less of a bad person.

I feel the club showing faith in them with 2 years not only will give them confidence in themselves but also show the playing list that their attributes are valued at our club.

Its pretty hard to do all the unrewarded defensive running, give direction to the young guys when you don't know if you will be on seek.com once the season finishes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back