Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next Monday morning (the first day of Trade Week), Carlton will trade Henderson to the Cats for their first-round pick.

Why ??

Because the Cats know that they could lose Henderson to the PSD and they won't want that to happen. By doing the trade on Day 1, they then will be looking at the Crows and saying "we can't trade what we don't have".

The two clubs will then work together and come up with a plan whereby the Crows accept the compo pick the AFL gives them plus the Cats trade them another decent player (eg. Guthrie, Murdoch etc) for the Crows 4th rounder, that player trade is to even it up a bit to the Crows for losing Dangerfield.

Cats get Henderson & Dangerfield & 4th rounder whilst losing 'player XXX' & #9
Crows get AFL compo pick #14, & 'player XXX' but lose Dangerfield
Blues lose Henderson & gain #9

Only problem with that is the AFL does not allow completely lop-sided trades to go through and has publicly stated they will be cracking down on it this trade period (pretty much to stop exactly what you mentioned happening in any Dangerfield scenario).

Only problem with that is the AFL does not allow completely lop-sided trades to go through and has publicly stated they will be cracking down on it this trade period (pretty much to stop exactly what you mentioned happening in any Dangerfield scenario).
They just have to get the points to align by trading later picks that adelaide wont need, and include some future picks (which are valueless until the position is finalised).

Well I'm not convinced we should trade away our picks for someone else's rubbish.

But 'the experts' reckon this draft is ordinary. :rolleyes: which probably means the brave enough recruiters that do retain their picks will be gleeful in about 5 years when the 2015 draft turns out not to be as shallow as first thought.

Why not trade for next years picks???? Sounds like logic to me...

Just saying...!

Every bloody year... Assignments are always due in these weeks and here I am refreshing pages like a nuffy hoping for answers that drag their feet to come...
The good news is when you get a job, its probably going to be the same thing. The deadlines will be different, but you'll be well trained on procrastination.

Reckon it'd be a 20-ish pick for each with the other two as steak-knives.

I guess the question then lies where are we going to get the other end of first or early second round pick to seal the deal.
With the new bidding rules do you have to use your next pick as part of you accumulation of points, because i could see the giants using their 2 mid first rounders in the draft then picking their academy boys with a combination of 4 or 5 second rounders. Which would give them essentially 4 mid first round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask yourself... would the crows accept say pick 4 for Danger?

Strangely enough #9 & 27 are roughly equivalent to #4 in terms of the AFL's Draft value Index released as part of the F/S changes.

That's my tip anyhoo
If the cats only have next years first or second and players to trade with CFC is there a trade we could do for Hendo?

I rate 2016 first round pick for Geelong as less valuable than this years as we need players now, plus Geelong expect to improve with Hendo and Danger (and selwood).

Could we ask for whatever they get for Jansen (2015 pick #21 or #39) and Cats 2016 first round?

If the cats only have next years first or second and players to trade with CFC is there a trade we could do for Hendo?

I rate 2016 first round pick for Geelong as less valuable than this years as we need players now, plus Geelong expect to improve with Hendo and Danger (and selwood).

Could we ask for whatever they get for Jansen (2015 pick #21 or #39) and Cats 2016 first round?

That's what I'm tipping. Expect the Cats to try and trade their way into 2016 first round as well. (not sure how but they'd have to try)

If you continue your studies I can reliably inform you all of the very clever postgraduate students are terrible procrastinators.

Also the lecturers (One of mine watches hours of cat videos)

If you continue your studies I can reliably inform you all of the very clever postgraduate students are terrible procrastinators.

Also the lecturers (One of mine watches hours of cat videos)

Yes we honed our skills as post-grads and we turned into excellent employed procrastinators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back