Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how you state that they are 'hardly long-term deals' so how do you feel about Tutt getting 2-years & Jones getting 3-years last year ??

Look at the problems those deals have created for us so why would you keep doing the same with other players who would only be seen as short-term options ??

Time to be smarter with our player deals, no benevolent for the sake of it.

Tutts contract is not an issue. 2 years and contributed this year.

Jones is on 3...3 years is different to 2 years...

Ask yourself... would the crows accept say pick 4 for Danger?

Strangely enough #9 & 27 are roughly equivalent to #4 in terms of the AFL's Draft value Index released as part of the F/S changes.

That's my tip anyhoo

Would eagles accept pick 3 alone for Judd?

Danger ain't Judd. Not even close.

He's just the best player looking to move this trade period.

Geelong's pick 9 is probably around the mark but is it such a step up from tier 1 compo, which would be pick 14?

Given the bizarre pick downgrade last year to allow Geelong to select Cockatoo when Adelaide were content with Lever, there's form between the 2 clubs.

Under no circumstances can I see Yarran staying at Carlton, the club is talking turkey right now, but I just can't see the club or Bolts putting up with Mr Sook (Yarran) for 12 more months.

Yarran's petulance and disgraceful attitude almost became infectious towards the end of the season, can't afford to put up with another year of the same. A deal will get done, even if not with Richmond.

Having talent to burn is no substitute for having character and a good work ethic. I don't think he'll actually bother to try lift/improve his workrate if he is forced to stay and the club knows this.

This isn't a Ryan O'Keefe last minute change of heart with the Swans, Yarran is desperate to leave and it's my firm belief (based on last year's Jeffy precedent) that the club will oblige his request (eventually)

M.Williams looking forward to working with Bennell & Yarran next year, courtesy of a Friday breakfast.

Big change of mind by Richmind since then re: Harley.

Yazz, they'll need to stump up better than just their 2nd round pick. How they can think that Astbury and Yarran are on par is beyond me.

M.Williams looking forward to working with Bennell & Yarran next year, courtesy of a Friday breakfast.

Big change of mind by Richmind since then re: Harley.

Yazz, they'll need to stump up better than just their 2nd round pick. How they can think that Astbury and Yarran are on par is beyond me.

Bennell being blamed for not turning up to medical... Not him but his manager told him not to go as no offer on the table from the Tigers... Fair enough...

Tigers are targeting someone else, that's why no offer for Yarran yet...

Next years 1st rounder.
Why accept a 2nd rounder from them in a weak draft, when we can get 2nd round compo for him as a FA next year.

TBH I'm much happier with Lennon then Richmond's first rounder. A ready made top 15 pick with 2 years development would be a terrific result for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone hear McKay on trade radio?

Barret is basically just reading this thread and throwing up every rumoured player on here.

Firm on Firsts for both Yaz and Henderson

Have spoken to Sumner, really like Plowman, havent spoken to Tomlinson but keen, keen on Carlisle
RE: Henderson - Will be interesting to see how the Dangerfield trade plays out.

would be an acceptable result.

however:
if we could turn #12 (or the tigers 2016 1st rounder) & #20 into Tomlinson + Plowman + Phillips + Sumner + Bugg?

Lennon (on exposed form) is better than all those players, bar Tomlinson in my opinion.

We could get deal done by chucking in #20 plus the second rounder we will get for Henderson.

Jones is on 3...3 years is different to 2 years...

giphy.gif

We can't do anything to address retrospective recruiting, but what we can do is to stop making the same mistakes as we have in the past from now on.
Agreed, but that doesn't mean fillet the whole team immediately, but rather phase them out once we have enough experience to cover the outgoing player in that position. Mass culling simply "to give the young blokes a crack" is not going to improve the list if there is no overall balance of experience to guide them.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean fillet the whole team immediately, but rather phase them out once we have enough experience to cover the outgoing player in that position. Mass culling simply "to give the young blokes a crack" is not going to improve the list if there is no overall balance of experience to guide them.

Disagree, we phase them out when their contract has run out.

TBH I'm much happier with Lennon then Richmond's first rounder. A ready made top 15 pick with 2 years development would be a terrific result for us.
Even if he's not very good?

There were lots of question marks around Lennon before he was drafted. He hasn't answered those questions yet.

I think people are too caught up in wanting to find the most skillful players rather than those who WANT to play for Carlton.

I'd prefer a player who wears his heart on his sleeve over one who has fancy footwork. EFFORT & PASSION >>>>>> SKILL & PERFECTION
Probably wouldn't go THAT far (eg. if you were given the op to take Talia or Dangerfield on a 5 year contract who would you pick? ;-p - or better still, if you had to delist one of either Doc or Gibbs right now) ... but yeah passion & effort is very much appreciated

Even if he's not very good?

There were lots of question marks around Lennon before he was drafted. He hasn't answered those questions yet.

And Sumner/Plowman/Bugg etc have ?

I firmly believe we should be chasing quality over quantity when it comes to recruits. Lennon has a potential match winner vibe to his game, that I don't get with those 3 GWS players TBH.

Armfield played 12 games this year as a small forward. He kicked 13 goals.

White played 14 games as a defender and midfielder. He averaged around 11 possessions a game and was statistically the worst kick of any defender in the AFL.

That's not solid.
Yet a few of the commentators of the F2A games this year (including Commetti & Duck) commented on how good White has played especially having to 'Play Taller' as a Key Defender in Jammo's absence. I 'd have to agree. Besides, he's definitely worth keeping as a 3rd tall.

Most would disagree, but I'd actually back in armfield to get a game at the hawks. Plenty of aggression, effort, tackle pressure, good goal sense, speed, creates the play - skills are nowhere near as bad as some people make out.
I was going to say exactly the same thing about White at Hawthorn. In fact I could see White slotting into the Hawks defence ALA Simon Beaumont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back