Society/Culture Bodybuilding.com/Manosphere killers?

Remove this Banner Ad

SpuriousPea - what's the background of your avatar? Just curious
It's a screencap of a panel by Spanish cartoonist Joan Cornella. He does surreal and sometimes quite disturbing work I happen to like.

Here's the whole piece.

165483_525718627488140_1469028872_n.jpg

A few of others.
5b1792594832d441f7797619dfd7e092.jpg

BwHkUakCEAEdPRG.jpg:large
4BEE881C1EE3D925AECFD76434FA2E0E_B1280_1280_678_960.JPEG

coolweapon.jpg

Chuck his name into google images for more madness.

Well said.

Masculinity is in and of itself fine, but as with all things when taken to it's utmost extremity it isn't compatible with society.

Depends on what you mean on extreme.

A certain level of masculine traits is need for a society to grow at all. There is a balance needed of course of a complete lack of masculine traits in a society will kill it just as surely as the opposite.

Couldn't call me the most active feminist, though I certainly advocate equal rights.

One thing I will always speak up for is the obscene idea that men have the right to sleep around but women are sluts for doing it.

I ******* hate that word.

The metaphor these sites use, and I've seen it from some posters here, is that a key that can open many locks is good, a lock that can be opened by many keys isn't.

Those people can * off.

Couldn't call me the most active feminist, though I certainly advocate equal rights.

One thing I will always speak up for is the obscene idea that men have the right to sleep around but women are sluts for doing it.

The metaphor these sites use, and I've seen it from some posters here, is that a key that can open many locks is good, a lock that can be opened by many keys isn't.

Those people can **** off.
To be fair men have a harder time in sleeping around unless you are rich or famous.

Where the average women are pursued and have a variety of choices with no real effort.

Not saying the view is right, however this could be why women could be labeled poorly in this instance .

Yeah, I've always found that double-standard pretty shitful as well. A sex drive is something that BOTH genders have, and a desire for sex is a natural biological factor coming from both. Why some find the idea of a woman with a powerful sexual realisation of herself and a willingness to seek it from others so intimidating I'll never know.

Does it reduce a man to a form of 'prey' and a woman the huntress? Is that 'loss of power' mindset the key thing here? Me, I feel powerful if a woman approaches me and ends up using me for her own sexual needs. I feel vindicated as a human being forth f*cking, not emasculated as a victim in the face of female sexual power.

Some mindsets I'll never understand...

Last edited:
Yeah, I've always found that double-standard pretty shitful as well. A sex drive is something that BOTH genders have, and a desire for sex is a natural biological factor coming from both. Why some find the idea of a woman with a powerful sexual realisation of herself and a willingness to seek it from others so intimidating I'll never know.

Does it reduce a man to a form of 'prey' and a woman the huntress? What's wrong with that?
The thing is in my experience is that men do not have the ease and options women have in casual sex, hence the degradation in the label "****" while men are praised for multiple flings as it is viewed as an achievement.

I'm not condoning it just trying to provide a possible explanation.

The thing is in my experience is that men do not have the ease and options women have in casual sex, hence the degradation in the label "****" while men are praised for multiple flings as it is viewed as an achievement.

I'm not condoning it just trying to provide a possible explanation.

Yeah, I understand your point. It explains how some blokes see this as a sexual injustice - as you said it definitely doesn't excuse it though. If there are female sluts then there are definitely male sluts too.

Yeah, I understand your point. It explains how some blokes see this as a sexual injustice - as you said it definitely doesn't excuse it though. If there are female sluts then there are definitely male sluts too.
Woman hardly have anything to complain about by a name that means nothing when you look at the scale that tips in their favour in regards to sex.

A fat girl and fat guy are in the nightclub towards the end of the night, guess which one has more chances of going home with someone.

Don't get me wrong, I get your point. It's more the negative connotation of being called '****' - that women are looked down on for engaging their sexual desires at their own instigation while men are championed for it. It's an unfair part of sexual politics.

It shouldn't matter either way. F*cking is f*cking, and we are not even the only ones in the natural world who have sex for pleasure rather than procreation;

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140613-do-animals-have-sex-for-fun

Don't get me wrong, I get your point. It's more the negative connotation of being called '****' - that women are looked down on for engaging their sexual desires at their own instigation while men are championed for it. It's an unfair part of sexual politics.

It shouldn't matter either way. F*cking is f*cking, and we are not even the only ones in the natural world who have sex for pleasure rather than procreation;

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140613-do-animals-have-sex-for-fun
Bernadi was right!
All this talk of gay marriage really is leading to beastiality!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm also annoyed by the instantaneous assumption by some that anyone criticising a hypersexualised female automatically has a double standard and approves of a hypersexualised male. It's such a discussion impediment.

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm also annoyed by the instantaneous assumption by some that anyone criticising a hypersexualised female automatically has a double standard and approves of a hypersexualised male. It's such a discussion impediment.
This. I had a girl go off at a guy at school for saying in sex ed what's wrong with a guy sleeping around a bit if he can. Chick went nuts at him with all the sleaze crap but problem was she seriously was the school ****. Reckon she'd been with ten guys in the two and a bit years she'd been there and went absolutely nuts when the guy she was responding to and a nother guy told her that too. Double standard extreme.

This. I had a girl go off at a guy at school for saying in sex ed what's wrong with a guy sleeping around a bit if he can. Chick went nuts at him with all the sleaze crap but problem was she seriously was the school ****. Reckon she'd been with ten guys in the two and a bit years she'd been there and went absolutely nuts when the guy she was responding to and a nother guy told her that too. Double standard extreme.
Ah, the ol' mottrain anecdotal evidence.

Where is that bullshit button... I know I had it around here somewhere...

Self hate has been a common tactic by Europeans in colonising Asians since, forever. Encouraging people to hate their own history, culture and religion is literally out of the colonial handbook. He may not have been consciously aware of it, but its very clear he was a self hating asian of mixed race.

Seems to have been pretty effective on you.

They aren't being looked down on for having sex, they are being looked down on for not exercising self-restraint.

The reason the double standard exists is because women can get laid whenever they choose, whereas men have to take what they can get. I'm not saying it's fair, but it's not for the reason you think.

It's the same kind of double standard that might apply if you had 1 starving kid, and 1 wealthy kid and gave them both unlimited amount of chips to eat. If the starving kid gorged himself on chips you couldn't really blame him, since he's spent his life not knowing where his next meal was coming from. If the kid from a wealthy family ate all the chips then you'd just consider him greedy.

Of course there are some guys who have just as much access to sex on tap if they wish, but they are a tiny minority, whereas pretty much any woman who isn't hideous can get laid whenever she wants.

Example:

The reason the double standard exists is because women can get laid whenever they choose, whereas men have to take what they can get. I'm not saying it's fair, but it's not for the reason you think.

It's the same kind of double standard that might apply if you had 1 starving kid, and 1 wealthy kid and gave them both unlimited amount of chips to eat. If the starving kid gorged himself on chips you couldn't really blame him, since he's spent his life not knowing where his next meal was coming from. If the kid from a wealthy family ate all the chips then you'd just consider him greedy.
FCCY8qh.gif

Cute gif, perhaps you could explain why you think I'm wrong though, would be more interesting.

Did you watch the videos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back