Society/Culture The Manosphere - Andrew Tate, the PUA grift, and other such nasties.

Remove this Banner Ad

--------------------

Dipping his toes in Holocaust denial now. Guess it was the always the natural devolution

We are told the heirarchy in britain. Monarchy aristocracy were preparing to negotiate surrender to Hitler (when it looked inevitable) so long as the class system and privilidge was maintained.

The entire thread is long, but worth reading. Although I disagree with his conclusion on what needs to change. It isn't women's fault that manosphere grifters are popular.

Maybe is a viewpoint from whereI sit, but I dont have any empathy for women heavily into right politics. Pauline Hanson’s of the world.
They seem like traitors to their ‘sisterhood’ to me.

Female conservative voters? Can handle that as long as they aren’t rabid. I knew one who bad mouthed Dan Andrews all the time. He was more center right than some of their side.

Not sure what's up with the YouTube algorithm because I don't think my recent history can explain this but I'm seeing Andrew Tate everywhere on YouTube in the last week, sometimes Insta, often get Joe Rogen reels pop up.

I did start an Insta account just for Bigfooty but mostly been getting spammed from the get go with drifting videos.

And I haven't even looked up anything that fits the Tate narrative, not even anything political.

YouTube sucks. Post a rebuttal on a right wing blab and you get even more for your trouble

The entire thread is long, but worth reading. Although I disagree with his conclusion on what needs to change. It isn't women's fault that manosphere grifters are popular.

Some more on this diacussing Korean culture for context

YouTube sucks.

Outside of a swear filter, and and explicit harassment, the don't moderate bot participation at all. At least half the troll comments are obvious bots and shills seeking to manipulate the algorithm.

Of those that are actual people that participate in the comments sections, most of them are cooked or in the process of getting cooked.

The videos are OK, but steer clear of the comments section or you'll wind up going down a toxic rabbit hole so fast your head will spin.

I mean clearly there are economic advantages that mean a guy from Australia can go to the Phillipines to "get a wife". Whether you'd call this "forcing" the woman into it, I don't think you can. Perhaps they might get pressure from their family to do so, I don't know.

My uncle did this in the late 80s (still married), I do know he has to send money back there every year. Don't know how much but he apparently built them a massive house for under 10 grand one year.

To be clear, I'm not saying women should * blokes to keep them happy. I am saying that blokes who have a loving partner are probably less likely to be out in the street king hitting blokes, assaulting women, the ordinary s**t that directionless blokes get up to.
I got a mate who married a woman from the Philippines. She became an Australian Citizen the other week. Has a masters in Child psych. Owns her own places there and bought homes for her family. So not the stereotypical Asian bride. She signed pre nups (at her own insistence) and is buying out half of his property to keep everything legit and keep her own independence. They have a great partnership.

I know another guy who met a woman from Thailand, got married, still lives here and gave her and her family everything but is barely allowed over there and she really wants nothing to do with him. He was in his late 50s and lost his home and everything he owned. She owns houses, farm machinery and a business back home. Now he lives with his mum. One sort of stereotypical story maybe.

In both of those cases the women have their own autonomy and never lost it.

They are the extremes but every Aussie guy I know who married an Asian woman lives/lived in a relationship that was the opposite of the "married an Asian woman to keep her under the thumb." The women run businesses and control their own lives as much as anyone else in a relationship.

GFRSO8PbAAA635P

Just some of that classic normal behaviour from Jordan Peterson.

If people are worried about WW3 they should be more worried about the misinformed nature of the Internet causing total social dislocation and pandemonium. It’s somewhat ironic that the older boomer generation is on the way out and the new tech age generation will take over. With that we will see blogs, tweets, opinions and narcissistic driven agendas dominate our landscape.

News is going to be whatever people want it to be and facts will become opinions.

I am late to the party on the female long term partner requirement thing, but, in my experience normal women just want a man that isn’t a self obsessed egotistical driven w***er that is secure in himself, looks after himself, has a decent job / career, communicates well, is family and kid orientated (if you want that) and respects her.

It isn’t complicated. Don’t be a pig.

opinions and narcissistic driven agendas dominate our landscape.
More accurately, everyone will get a go at putting theirs forward and developing a following, not just politicians and newspaper owners.

More accurately, everyone will get a go at putting theirs forward and developing a following, not just politicians and newspaper owners.
There was an article years back about a vice chancellor of Melbourne university, Duncan Maskell, stating that anyone with an opinion was now able to question or criticise people with significant levels of subject matter experience and expertise ‘just because’. A total level of disrespect for authority figures if you will. I mean there’s no surprise that these types always have an issue with authority or law.

I am not saying they’re all sovereign citizens but there’s a massive uprising in questioning anything and gaining momentum on social media as a repressed bunch who won’t be told what to do.

Petulant children springs to mind.

There was an article years back about a vice chancellor of Melbourne university, Duncan Maskell, stating that anyone with an opinion was now able to question or criticise people with significant levels of subject matter experience and expertise ‘just because’. A total level of disrespect for authority figures if you will. I mean there’s no surprise that these types always have an issue with authority or law.

I am not saying they’re all sovereign citizens but there’s a massive uprising in questioning anything and gaining momentum on social media as a repressed bunch who won’t be told what to do.

Petulant children springs to mind.
they'll self identify as "free thinkers" or "independent skeptics" and garbage like that, and just parrot hate and what not that's spread by sky news.

rampant psuedointellectualism in online spaces allows grifters and idiots alike to build grand followings because they're "truthseekers" (aka just say anything moderately anti-leftwing)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they'll self identify as "free thinkers" or "independent skeptics" and garbage like that, and just parrot hate and what not that's spread by sky news.

rampant psuedointellectualism in online spaces allows grifters and idiots alike to build grand followings because they're "truthseekers" (aka just say anything moderately anti-leftwing)
Historically 'freethinkers' is a term that has been claimed by anti-consevative, anti-religion types.

I think it stems from intellectual insecurity. A lot of the people that buy into it are usually not highly educated (not saying degrees are a sign of high intelligence, I've met my fair share of dumb PHDs) and so they use the idea of scepticism or conspiracy to put themselves above others.

In their mind the fact that they can see what is really going on and the rest of us are just blind sheep following the mainstream media/government narrative allows them to feel intellectually superior, which quells that insecurity temporarily.

I think it stems from intellectual insecurity. A lot of the people that buy into it are usually not highly educated (not saying degrees are a sign of high intelligence, I've met my fair share of dumb PHDs) and so they use the idea of scepticism or conspiracy to put themselves above others.

In their mind the fact that they can see what is really going on and the rest of us are just blind sheep following the mainstream media/government narrative allows them to feel intellectually superior, which quells that insecurity temporarily.
Spot on

It would be like going to a magic show where you understand how each trick is done, but none of the audience do.

Naturally that would make you feel a little superior. The issue is that you can get addicted to that feeling, which is why you have people going down flat earth rabbit holes etc.. Anything to cling onto that intellectual superiority.

Historically 'freethinkers' is a term that has been claimed by anti-consevative, anti-religion types.
historically maybe, nowadays it's any tom dick or harry that views themselves as "antiwoke" who're proclaiming that they're a free thinker.

bang on the money.

RM Brown covered her earliest stuff which was just her and a friend scribbling on a white board making up s**t about dating.

Watching all this stuff is such an entertaining timewaster.

Even with that s**t she had 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS.

View attachment 1730271

And it's all rehashed from Jordy, and his totally incorrect ideas based on stuff he read.

i enjoyed watching this....

Truth seekers is what they call themselves. The question everything mentality.
That's always been my mentality. Its caused me problems over the years.

I honestly don't think the people you're talking about are like that tho.

They're not genuinely skeptical about everything including their own opinions. In fact being skeptical about your own opinions is probably more important than anything else if you really want to think for yourself.

We are told the heirarchy in britain. Monarchy aristocracy were preparing to negotiate surrender to Hitler (when it looked inevitable) so long as the class system and privilidge was maintained.
Tate has mixed race parents. The Nazis would have gassed him in under a minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back