Society/Culture The Manosphere - Andrew Tate, the PUA grift, and other such nasties.

Remove this Banner Ad

So full disclosure, I “found” Matt Rife last year mostly for Instagram clips of his crowd work and I was a big fan.

Then I watched his Netflix show and the joke mentioned in the article wasn’t offensive to me or my wife, it’s not actually particularly offensive, it just wasn’t funny and to be frank his comedy isn’t very good, his crowd work is great, his charismatic and cheeky (his work with a hot mom is absolutely hilarious and pretty r rated).

Now this. A comedian who has promoted himself as edgy but absolutely progressive doing this really only has one explanation.

So full disclosure, I “found” Matt Rife last year mostly for Instagram clips of his crowd work and I was a big fan.

Then I watched his Netflix show and the joke mentioned in the article wasn’t offensive to me or my wife, it’s not actually particularly offensive, it just wasn’t funny and to be frank his comedy isn’t very good, his crowd work is great, his charismatic and cheeky (his work with a hot mom is absolutely hilarious and pretty r rated).

Now this. A comedian who has promoted himself as edgy but absolutely progressive doing this really only has one explanation.
There was a reason why Rife had been doing stand-up for over 10 years with little traction.
His crowdwork is good, his act is pretty average.

There was a reason why Rife had been doing stand-up for over 10 years with little traction.
His crowdwork is good, his act is pretty average.
Most of it was plagiarized too, like not just rhe joke but the delivery

I had never heard of him and I like stand up. All of a sudden, he was everywhere and I couldn't avoid him. It was bizarre. he's paid for some serious PR over the last 12 months or so as it wasn't remotely organic growth as far as I could see.

He's funnier than Bert Kriescher at least, another bozo all over my youtube algo I can't get away from

Yeah, but you're dumb as dogshit so why would it matter what you say?
Oooff, right through the chest :tearsofjoy:

Just to clarify, the not 'real' part refers to the character she plays. I don't think she actually believes much of what she says, just in it for the social media clout. She did a bunch of other themed stuff before striking gold with the female Andrew Tate shtick from memory.

Oooff, right through the chest :tearsofjoy:

Just to clarify, the not 'real' part refers to the character she plays. I don't think she actually believes much of what she says, just in it for the social media clout. She did a bunch of other themed stuff before striking gold with the female Andrew Tate shtick from memory.

Tbh I just thought it was funny to say, I didn't mean it lol

grain of salt with this one, i don't really have any interest in seeking to know if it's true or not but if it is, i think it's remarkably funny that the moral video game panic is returning in strength with criminals like andrew tate.

what a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

grain of salt with this one, i don't really have any interest in seeking to know if it's true or not but if it is, i think it's remarkably funny that the moral video game panic is returning in strength with criminals like andrew tate.

what a joke

It's conservative virtue signalling.

Notice Tate, Musk, et al aren't complaining about killing people; just police.

Last edited:
I think this can be justified for some people in some circumstances.
Its bleak out there in todays world.
People blow.
Given the term is used to describe men who want to seek women from predominantly third world/less progressive countries because they think western women don’t value “traditional” relationships (read as, want women with less autonomy) I think it’s very Tate/Peterson esque and not at all justified.

I think this can be justified for some people in some circumstances.
Its bleak out there in todays world.
People blow.

I don't disagree with you, I don't see anything wrong with it and it's not new, the term is new to me though.

Given the term is used to describe men who want to seek women from predominantly third world/less progressive countries because they think western women don’t value “traditional” relationships (read as, want women with less autonomy) I think it’s very Tate/Peterson esque and not at all justified.

I don't know, I mean if the guy can't find the partner he wants here and no one is being forced into anything I don't see an issue with it. Might be a better result for our society than a guy staying single alone and angry, those dudes can cause a lot of trouble for those around then.

I don't disagree with you, I don't see anything wrong with it and it's not new, the term is new to me though.

I don't know, I mean if the guy can't find the partner he wants here and no one is being forced into anything I don't see an issue with it. Might be a better result for our society than a guy staying single alone and angry, those dudes can cause a lot of trouble for those around then.
They sure can. What do they say? There is nothing more dangerous than a man that feels he has nothing to lose?
Certainly in the U.S, a hot house of madness and guns that it is/can be.

The right wing is a bit obsessed by masculinity at the moment. It's like it's got the point where they know almost all of their policies are complete nonsense and their defence of it reduced to me man, me tough, me don't care. Stupidity is now officially a virtue for these guys.

Define forced. The second part of this, the whole “better than an angry lonely guy causing trouble” is almost word for word what Jordy has said before that sounds an awful lot like “women should just * blokes to keep them happy”.

Like I get the sentiment, it’s just really, really poor imo.

Define forced. The second part of this, the whole “better than an angry lonely guy causing trouble” is almost word for word what Jordy has said before that sounds an awful lot like “women should just * blokes to keep them happy”.

Like I get the sentiment, it’s just really, really poor imo.

I mean clearly there are economic advantages that mean a guy from Australia can go to the Phillipines to "get a wife". Whether you'd call this "forcing" the woman into it, I don't think you can. Perhaps they might get pressure from their family to do so, I don't know.

My uncle did this in the late 80s (still married), I do know he has to send money back there every year. Don't know how much but he apparently built them a massive house for under 10 grand one year.

To be clear, I'm not saying women should * blokes to keep them happy. I am saying that blokes who have a loving partner are probably less likely to be out in the street king hitting blokes, assaulting women, the ordinary s**t that directionless blokes get up to.

I am saying that blokes who have a loving partner are probably less likely to be out in the street king hitting blokes, assaulting women, the ordinary s**t that directionless blokes get up to.

That’s a ridiculous assertion that goes against the data.

Being single does not make it more likely that you would assault women. The data/stats point to the opposite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back