Bogey teams: Which clubs does your side struggle against?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy John

Senior List
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-31/bogey-teams

Interesting article discussing bogey teams for each club.

A few that the article forgot to mention include Essendon vs Melbourne, Richmond vs Gold Coast, Melbourne vs Geelong, Melbourne vs Hawthorn, Brisbane vs Hawthorn, Carlton vs Sydney, Richmond vs North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs vs Essendon.

These were a few that stood out IMO:

- Sydney being a bogey team for Adelaide shows the wheel has turned, given Adelaide dominated Sydney for a long time prior to 2012.

- Richmond being a bogey team for St Kilda since 2011 after the Saints had a 13 game winning streak over the Tigers which spanned over nearly a decade prior to 2011.

- Collingwood and Fremantle being listed as bogey sides for Geelong despite the Cats having winning records over both sides over the last few years, which highlights how dominant the Cats have been.

- North Melbourne being listed as a bogey side for the Hawks despite having a losing record against them in recent years. This highlights how dominant the Hawks have been, and Hawthorn's dominance further illustrates how Geelong's 11 wins in a row was such a remarkable achievement.

- Gold Coast being listed as Collingwood's bogey side based on two wins by 7 and 5 points respectively on the Suns home turf. Collingwood's only true bogey side is Hawthorn.

Last edited:
In fairness to the article, north v haw, the two results in 2013 could have gone either way in the last 10 min and north really exposed hawthorn last year.

Port are a bogey side for West Coast? Port have beaten the Eagles the past 2, when they have been finalists and we have been pants. Eagles won the two before that when it was the reverse. Thats pretty much how it has played out
since 97.

Id be more likely to give that gong to Essendon.

Never confident playing Melbourne.

Well to be honest I always am and I'm often let down. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shows just how far we have fallen that only two sides would consider us a bogey team. It wasn't too long ago that we had winning runs against several teams that stretched into the double figures, teams that have since played finals.

Footy is just one big circle, though, so I hope we are on an upward swing and can recapture some of that 09 form.

Collingwood was a bogey side until we won against them twice last season
North can't beat us in Adelaide , they have won against us since 2003?
At the moment , our bogey side has to be Hawthorn.

Was that 2003 game the second Carey game?

i think our history against the cats over the last 25 years or so would be the most one sided of any match up. I doubt we'd have won more than 5 games against the cats in this period.

Sydney have always had Ports measure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back