Brad Scott excuses thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost out in the ruck, but not because we were playing the reigning All Australian pair but because the umpires gave a heap of unwarranted free kicks to cox due to his flailing arms?

That is perfect :thumbsu:

He better use it

Everyone being west coast supporters, I'd rather and opinionated coach rather then a tow the line robot coach like wooooosha.

For the most part I like brad Scott and when he's speaking about the game generally he often makes some salient points but...

He has a tendency to go off half cocked after losses which can come across as whining largely because of the manner in which he goes about it. For example the Etihad roof fiasco - he had a strong case in that it was apalling management but by carrying on like a pork chop after the game (less so in the presser) he came across more raving lunatic than an otherwise intelligent person making a valid point

Worsfold by contrast gives very little away in public and as a supporter it can be frustrating as it can be hard to glean information at times and after a loss it would be nice to see a reaction that shows he is as pissed off as we are. That said he's been pretty successful and its comforting to know that when things aren't going well he isn't panicking

Having an argument about who is better is pointless though as it will just go along team allegiances

Gold thread....didnt read any of it....but gold thread!!!

You wacky western australians

heres an avi for you mailman

duck-pigeon-pigeons-did-not-read-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1166.gif

Everyone being west coast supporters, I'd rather and opinionated coach rather then a tow the line robot coach like wooooosha.
I think theres a fine line, theres been occasions i've pulled my hair out at frustrations that Woosha hasn't given the players a public spray. But keeping your cool infront of the media is an A-class strategy. Brad Scott rather makes excuses.

almost becoming a cliché

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol - that reply was lightning fast. The answer was coke by the way.

As quick s an umpires whistle to break your peahearts

And of course it was the usual Umpire whinge.
Well done guys, cracking game and the finish lived up to it.

If you watch the press conference you'll find Brad was very measured and didn't take the bait that the media were offering him. I was angry after the game but we could have had the game won already so don't really blame the umpires for our loss, umpiring is what it is, we can't control that.

If you watch the press conference you'll find Brad was very measured and didn't take the bait that the media were offering him. I was angry after the game but we could have had the game won already so don't really blame the umpires for our loss, umpiring is what it is, we can't control that.

Yeah. Brad showed some maturity this time.

Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his old ways.

Yeah have to give kudos to him on the way he handled himself, the journos tried to bait him into going on a rant and he answered the question with tact and professionalism so well done to him.

Yeah. Brad showed some maturity this time.

Hopefully he doesn't revert back to his old ways.
Yeah, he had genuine cause to complain about it last night but AFL won't do anything so it's just a waste of everyones time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back