Toast Brad Sheppard

Remove this Banner Ad

If he kept his last 2 weeks form up all year he wouldn't be far off. Pretty competitive in the backline though, they love big ball winners to.

Rampe, Shaw, Boyd, Laird, Enright, Pittard would be above him.

True but he is better than Pittard , Laird is out for a few weeks with injury, Shaw is the best of the bunch and the rest i think Shep could be better than by the end of the year.

True but he is better than Pittard , Laird is out for a few weeks with injury, Shaw is the best of the bunch and the rest i think Shep could be better than by the end of the year.
pittards in hot form. disposals and meters gained is incredible. However, he was in this form last year before dropping off. Shep wont average anything above 20 in terms of disposals. His more lockdown than all mention and he also intercepts and kills any forward movement by the oppo.

If he kept his last 2 weeks form up all year he wouldn't be far off. Pretty competitive in the backline though, they love big ball winners to.

Rampe, Shaw, Boyd, Laird, Enright, Pittard would be above him.

If Pittard is above Sheppard we may aswell delist him. When I saw the game against GWS the other week Pittard was putrid, much worse than the worst Sheppard has been this year.

If Pittard is above Sheppard we may aswell delist him. When I saw the game against GWS the other week Pittard was putrid, much worse than the worst Sheppard has been this year.
pittard is a bit of hack with poor footskills and bad decision making but his form has been really good. His averaging 26 disposals, 3.8 inside 50's, 5 rebound 50's and is number 1 or 2 for meters gained in the comp.

I think he is far more composed than Pittard, Shep is braver and more complete as a Backman. Pittard is having a pretty good start can see him AA quality for 2-3 years from next year on. Had a good 10 weeks or so last year to, he reminds me a little of Easton Wood/Alex Rance not quite in stature but an athletic game taker on type, turns it over a bit, not quite composed. I think he's at that tipping point now.

Didn't see that game but he's been pretty good from what I've seen. Is prone to some horror moments but has gone up a couple of notches.

Stanley didn't deserve anything for that bump. It wasn't high and it wasn't really late because Shep bobbled it.

I'd be pissed if one of our blokes went for something like that

Disagree big time.

A 200cm player on the run bumps a player attempting to mark the ball. That's charging and what snipers do.

The MRP really stuffed this up. Are you now allowed to forget about the ball in marking contest, tuck your elbow in and just run through a player going for a mark?

The reason Stanley got cleared is Sheppard is a though little nut and he got up after taking a couple of seconds to shake it off.

If Sheppard had of knocked himself out landing hard, of copped a couple of broken ribs what would the MRP have done?

So according to the MRP its now open season for anyone going for a mark? No need to spoil its ok to hip and shoulder on the run?

I'd rather Sheppard over Pittard, purely because Pittard's kicking is questionable, and we already have MacKenzie and most of the time ellis kicking out of defensive fifty

On his way to being the Worsfold medalist this year. Has come a very long way.

Disagree big time.

A 200cm player on the run bumps a player attempting to mark the ball. That's charging and what snipers do.

The MRP really stuffed this up. Are you now allowed to forget about the ball in marking contest, tuck your elbow in and just run through a player going for a mark?

The reason Stanley got cleared is Sheppard is a though little nut and he got up after taking a couple of seconds to shake it off.

If Sheppard had of knocked himself out landing hard, of copped a couple of broken ribs what would the MRP have done?

So according to the MRP its now open season for anyone going for a mark? No need to spoil its ok to hip and shoulder on the run?
Completely agree, was an old fashioned charge, haven't seen much like it since the 90's.

Completely agree, was an old fashioned charge, haven't seen much like it since the 90's.

Total dog act.

I feel like players who infringe against the eagles are always let off lightly. When an eagle has any sort of incidental contact the commentators just all over it and make sure it gets reviewed thoroughly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather Sheppard over Pittard, purely because Pittard's kicking is questionable, and we already have MacKenzie and most of the time ellis kicking out of defensive fifty
100% agree. pittard decision making is equally bad. I remember he f*cked up so bad late in games last year including our game. I dont think shep will win AA because he doesnt accumulate as much as the rest. But his defensive work is much superior.

The way i see it.
Shep takes a clean mark, stanley probably had a week off. Instead he has two bites at it and gets crunched. Its tough for shep but its fair play from Stanley. Took a risk but the ball was live at any reasonable point to pull up. Didnt catch him high, so no need to rub him out for the strong bump.

We just need to get better at putting the physical on the other blokes when opportunity comes knocking. We cant expect bruise free to flow both ways. Hurn ironed out plenty last year and didnt get looked at...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back