Brendan McCartney - murmurings Getting louder

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anyhow, Bulldogs should stick with McCartney, simple as that. Patience is a virtue

tutt has walked thats 3 in a week. lions last year dogs heading the same way

I wouldn't rate those 3 as high as Docherty, Yeo, Longer and Karnezis who were in the senior side. Jones, Tutt and Higgins could barley get any games, we have nothing to lose in going to the draft with it.

Sanderson, McKenna, McCartney - ******* brutal off-season so far it seems.

It's a pity they aren't filming Year of the Dogs II at the moment. I would have loved to have seen some of those exit interviews. There's no way they should move McCartney on. All the ex-Cats players rave about him, and they know a thing or two about what's required to win a premiership. I hope they stick with him.

Peter Gordon has repeatedly asserted that McCartney is safe, they're happy with his performance and that he'll see out his contract and likely well beyond it. There's just nothing to it. Barrett has pushed the agenda for weeks now, but there won't be any action.

Sacking him would be an absolutely moronic decision, regardless. He inherited a list that had more parallels with what came out the rear end of Bulldogs than actual Bulldogs, and he's been the driving force behind significantly improved drafting & development, better resource management, and the implementation of our VFL side.

He's exactly what we need.

Someone post the video of the speech he made to an AFL function either late last year or this year. It was super impressive.

He sounds like he knows exactly what it takes to have success.

If senior players aren't buying into it, then he need not worry about keeping them happy.

A strong club is a ruthless club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol you mean Tutt who played like 5 games? Jones who played 10 and Higgins who is a flog. 3 guys who have exactly what we're looking for (pace, key forward and skills) yet were all dropped or struggled to get a game. A bunch of fringe players with the wrong attitude.

Hardly on the same level as the multiple first round draftees you lost in Polec, Karnesiz, Longer, Docherty and Yeo. And hell even you came out alright after that.

I think you'll find we pretty much pushed these guys anyway. Offered them a contract on what we think they were worth, they reckon they can get more elsewhere, great go for it. We have a huge amount of cap space if we felt any of these guys were important we could quite easily bend to their wants.

I like Macca, good coach and works well with the youngsters. I think now that he stopped visiting teenagers in their dreams and brutally murdering them they trust him a lot more and it'll work in the long term.

I wouldn't rate those 3 as high as Docherty, Yeo, Longer and Karnezis who were in the senior side. Jones, Tutt and Higgins could barley get any games, we have nothing to lose in going to the draft with it.
WTF? you really don't watch many Brisbane games do you? Jones, Tutt and Higgins each played as many or more games than Longer and Karnezis combined did in 2013

WTF? you really don't watch many Brisbane games do you? Jones, Tutt and Higgins each played as many or more games than Longer and Karnezis combined did in 2013
But they were both very young high draft picks, jones was drafted in the 30s in 2008, and Tutt the same in 2009.

Just cannot compare the situation between Brissy and Dogs.

If senior players aren't buying into it, then he need not worry about keeping them happy.

Amen.

This is exactly where this situation is going, and as much as muckraking morons like Barrett don't want to hear it, McCartney will be going nowhere.

If that means another five players leave, so be it.

The stench of mediocrity is being blasted from Whitten Oval, and a lot of individuals aren't happy with the feedback they're getting as to their involvement in it.

Someone post the video of the speech he made to an AFL function either late last year or this year. It was super impressive.

He sounds like he knows exactly what it takes to have success.

was at the rising star last year wasn't it? very good listen

If the Dogs sack McCartney they'll doom themselves to the same cycle they've been in for decades. There's clearly a strong clique amongst the senior players there. McCartney's come in and told them things that've upset the little boys club. Poisonous attitude from the top down amongst that playing list.

Dogs need to hold strong and let McCartney do his job.

I agree with the last statement. In regards to the senior players though, the most senior of the players have all signed on, quite happily I presume. I'm sure some of them could have retired, and we would be none the wiser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back