Scandal Pies Captain gets gropey with young teammate

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this on twitter not long ago.
Interesting to see what reaction it gets or if it just dies a quiet death.
A couple of tweets mentioned Andy Maher and Georgie Parker, who will undoubtedly remain silent.
I had no idea Chiocci was gay, nor that she dated Molloy when she first arrived at the club.
I do know that she is a High School teacher and a Club captain and should've been better than this

A couple of tweets mentioned Andy Maher and Georgie Parker, who will undoubtedly remain silent.
I had no idea Chiocci was gay, nor that she dated Molloy when she first arrived at the club.
I do know that she is a High School teacher and a Club captain and should've been better than this
Seriously...first clue is W afl

E38EEDBE-CFD8-4339-842A-BFA0FEEBF919.jpeg

and here i was thinking this would be darcy moore cracking on to a young teammate....

Why are you guys getting offended on someone elses behalf lol? Are you that desperate to display your outrage to the world?
i presume they're highlighting the hypocrisy in the world of football:
  • AFL player gropes a woman, big issue
  • AFLW player gropes a woman, no issue and everyone wacks off to it 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There aren’t too many straight women in aflw… or nbaw… or…

I don't think that Steph --or any 'Leadership Group' of players-- was involved in Jordan's punishment. Pretty much a board decision, I'm sure.

The emotion in this thread is pulsating.

classic film oshaughnessys boy GIF by Warner Archive

And as expected, not 1 mention of this in any news outlet.
I'm not really in the business of cancelling, but I'd assume with the Do Better report and our history of unwanted sexual advances within the club, stemming all the way back to the Beams/McCarthy stuff and Jordy's well publicised exploits, a leader of the club would be the last person in this predicament.
She's 34 years old, the same age as Pendles, Boak and Hawkins. None of which would be caught dead in this situation.
Lastly, she's a high school teacher. Joanna Lin is 20 years old, not much older than some of the kids Chiocci would be teaching.
She either has to go or hopefully the rumours end up true and Collingwood get rid of her to St.Kilda

She's 34 years old, the same age as Pendles, Boak and Hawkins. None of which would be caught dead in this situation.
Lastly, she's a high school teacher. Joanna Lin is 20 years old, not much older than some of the kids Chiocci would be teaching.
She either has to go or hopefully the rumours end up true and Collingwood get rid of her to St.Kilda

Weren’t there a few Richmond players caught on camera groping one of their young teammates?

While I’m not saying there’s isn’t a cultural issue here, the problems with what De Goey did and the position he’s in are absolutely freakin obvious when you just do the slightest bit of reading.

97% of sexual assault offenders are men

When you look at the age of offenders, ages 15-19 are the largest group, and it reduces in an almost liner fashion with age.

AFL football is incredibly popular with young men and AFL footballers are cultural figures. Their attitudes and actions filter down among the young, impressionable and stupid (ie young = stupid) who follow them. See “baller” culture.

AFLW doesn’t even compare in terms of cultural impact.

As with most things… it’s not just what was done, it’s who is watching and what they take from it.

So it’s fairly obvious what happened here is far, far less damaging than the potential of the JDG incident.

Not everything is black and white, pardon the pun. Life ain’t simple.

Jordy's incidents were dumb, stupid and he lacked emotional intelligence to be found in the same situation twice.
Ultimately, he was not convicted of any sexual assault, and rightly so.
He was dragged through the mud and effectively stood down from the club whilst the issues were resolved. The AFL and the media hounded him relentlessly.
I sincerely hope he has learned his lesson to avoid situations that have the potential to get him into trouble. As for his medical diagnosis, I do believe the ADHD outcome and this now explains a hell of a lot.
As for Chiocci, for a foundation player and Captain, leader of the club, to be found to do this is stupid and almost exactly the same as what Jordy was guilty of in Bali. Both females appeared consensual and both players are attracted to women. Why would Jordy's behaviour be assumed as predatory and Chiocci's not? She's 14 years older than the other player in the picture, this is a gross abuse of trust and leadership. Whether the other player was fine with it or not is completely beside the point. It would be akin to a Manager/Employee situation where to speak up or refuse may be out of fear or to have her future options for her career denied. The amount of team swapping and partner swapping in the AFLW that I have heard of is out of control, so why would bullying or intimidation not also be a part of the culture?
She must stand down

Ok I'll explain a few obvious things, so you can get on with the rest of your life.

A photo is not the same as a video.
Certain relationships between senior and junior AFL employees are permitted as long as transparency protocols are followed.
A 6-month AFLW contract is not the same as a 12-month AFL contract.

Btw, for the idiots out there, here's what "grooming" in sport is: The dirty old guy at Cricket Victoria (now sacked), who became involved with a WBBL player (now former) that he previously coached in junior state teams.

The only reason to bring up Chiocci's job as a teacher in this thread would be if Lin was a past student, which isn't the case.

A photo is not the same as a video.

Yes. How is this relevant?

Certain relationships between senior and junior AFL employees are permitted as long as transparency protocols are followed.

Again, how is this relevant? They're not in a relationship.

A 6-month AFLW contract is not the same as a 12-month AFL contract.

This is even less relevant to the first two points. What's your point?

Btw, for the idiots out there, here's what "grooming" in sport is: The dirty old guy at Cricket Victoria (now sacked), who became involved with a WBBL player (now former) that he previously coached in junior state teams.

Okay?

The only reason to bring up Chiocci's job as a teacher in this thread would be if Lin was a past student, which isn't the case.

Finally, out of all those words, something that makes sense.
Well done. You got there in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back