What the heck? Ken Hinkley in gambling/Greyhound Racing syndicate with players/staff

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
I mean first of all greyhound racing is cruel and disgusting, rife with lowlifes and full of animal abuse. There are only 7 countries where commercial greyhound races are still allowed, even in the US it only happens in West Virginia. It's basically the sport de jour for bogans who like killing dogs.

Ken Hinkley's long involvement with greyhound racing is well known (Just google if unaware).

Fine, if he wants to be an utter piece of s**t, whatever.

How the * is it ok for this guy to be in part-ownership/racing syndicates with current listed players and the general manager? How is that not a conflict of interest? How is that underperforming players like Lycett and Byrne-Jones enjoyed gold passes for years when their form did not warrant selection?

The Power to win!

A few weeks ago the SA Premier announced an inquiry into the industry. I mean nothing will happen, as usual they'll blame a few bad apples and the s**t will continue on, when in reality its rotten to the core.

Snowboarding Coke Zero GIF by Coca-Cola

Didn’t know this.
What a campaigner.

That said, business relationships between players and coaches is to be expected. I can recall a few, but none in a shitty industry rife with criminals. Kinda close to “bringing the game into disrepute” territory if you’re involved in gambling.

I mean first of all greyhound racing is cruel and disgusting, rife with lowlifes and full of animal abuse. There are only 7 countries where commercial greyhound races are still allowed, even in the US it only happens in West Virginia. It's basically the sport de jour for bogans who like killing dogs.

Ken Hinkley's long involvement with greyhound racing is well known (Just google if unaware).

How the * is it ok for this guy to be in part-ownership/racing syndicates with current listed players and the general manager? How is that not a conflict of interest? How is that underperforming players like Lycett and Byrne-Jones enjoyed gold passes for years when their form did not warrant selection?

The Power to win!

A few weeks ago the SA Premier announced an inquiry into the industry. I mean nothing will happen, as usual they'll blame a few bad apples and the s**t will continue on, when in reality its rotten to the core.
There’s your answer right there.

Didn’t know this.
What a campaigner.

That said, business relationships between players and coaches is to be expected. I can recall a few, but none in a shitty industry rife with criminals. Kinda close to “bringing the game into disrepute” territory if you’re involved in gambling.

Isn't Goody a massive punter and got his own players dabbling in the crap?

Yes that's right. He not only encouraged his players to gamble, he made it a mandatory requirement for team selection.

Bit rich potting another coach who gambles when your very own is knee deep in gambling debts.
Ok, a gambling addiction is the same as running a syndicate in greyhound racing then.
And I can't criticise gambling because the sport club I support has someone involved who bet once. Good to know!

BTW how do you know that Simon Goodwin is "knee deep" in gambling debts? A minute ago you didn't even know if he gambled.

The Power to win!

You need to name the dogs you believe are involved for this to have any credibility…

How does Ken Hinkley have anything to do whatsoever with the state of the SA greyhound industry?

Ken Hinkley currently has no involvement with any greyhounds in South Australia. Nor does Scott Lycett or Darcy BJ

What a disgraceful outburst of utter tripe.

However Taylor Walker and the entire forward line have dogs that are racing. As can be seen on their Instagram pages they own a dog called “Current Model”.

Think you got the wrong club… and very much the wrong person. Kens last dog was over 2 years ago.

Goody loves being down in the trenches with the players, back at Essendon, he was Goody "Good Stuff"

Was VERY lucky he didn't end up with more stank from Essendon.

Goody loves being down in the trenches with the players, back at Essendon, he was Goody "Good Stuff"

I knew a few staff members back in the day at the Alma when he was playing and he'd be more often on not getting on the good stuff in the office

The Power to win!

I see pokies as cruel and disgustng but AFLs done nothing about that.....

I guess you cant be a moral crusaders when you yourself are also morally bankrupt

You need to name the dogs you believe are involved for this to have any credibility…

How does Ken Hinkley have anything to do whatsoever with the state of the SA greyhound industry?

Ken Hinkley currently has no involvement with any greyhounds in South Australia. Nor does Scott Lycett or Darcy BJ

What a disgraceful outburst of utter tripe.

However Taylor Walker and the entire forward line have dogs that are racing. As can be seen on their Instagram pages they own a dog called “Current Model”.

Think you got the wrong club… and very much the wrong person. Kens last dog was over 2 years ago.

The Power to win!

I mean this is from July last year, but sure go off sis.

Max To Bring The Power For Meadows Mission

This is from July this year. So maybe apologise for being wrong.

You should probably also declare what involvement you have with the dog murdering industry.

This thread is about hinkley's long term involvement in the greyhound industry and his introducing it to his young vulnerable players.

If you want to talk about goody being on drugs or whatever make a new thread.

I see pokies as cruel and disgustng but AFLs done nothing about that.....

Actually they’ve done a fair amount on that . Not perfect but heaps of clubs have gone pokie free

————-

My daughter does gymnastics every Monday and my son won’t , so we take a wander next door to the greyhound track on occasion . I can confirm that it’s populated by Woodstock and cola drinking charmless bogans driving early model Hiace vans who probably feed their dogs on roadkill. I got chatting to them and some drive very long distances to race their dogs on a Monday arvo . Weird mouth breathing units .

Actually they’ve done a fair amount on that . Not perfect but heaps of clubs have gone pokie free

————-

My daughter does gymnastics every Monday and my son won’t , so we take a wander next door to the greyhound track on occasion . I can confirm that it’s populated by Woodstock and cola drinking charmless bogans driving early model Hiace vans who probably feed their dogs on roadkill. I got chatting to them and some drive very long distances to race their dogs on a Monday arvo . Weird mouth breathing units .
Even outside of that 1 example, AFL promotes a punt on the greyhounds on a minute by minute basis. It was the same groups that pay the AFL that overturned the SA Greyhound ban

Turning their nose up on this is immensely hypocritical

The Power to win!

As someone whose owned both a horse and a racing greyhound also, horse racing has 10 times more animal cruelty industry wide then greyhound racing. My greyhound was treated like a queen and now lives with my family down south. Loyal and smart as can be. In this same situation, my race horse died of a heart attack in its sleep but when he retires he wouldnt go to a farm thats for sure and run around for his days

I think humans affiliation with dogs compared to horses lends ourselves to believe the opposite though

As someone whose owned both a horse and a racing greyhound also, horse racing has 10 times more animal cruelty industry wide then greyhound racing. My greyhound was treated like a queen and now lives with my family down south. Loyal and smart as can be. In this same situation, my race horse died of a heart attack in its sleep but when he retires he wouldnt go to a farm thats for sure and run around for his days

I think humans affiliation with dogs compared to horses lends ourselves to believe the opposite though

I'm happy to get rid of horse racing too.

Your dog might have had a good life, but do you deny that the industry is full of low lifes and animal abuse/live baiting etc

This thread is about hinkley's long term involvement in the greyhound industry and his introducing it to his young vulnerable players.

If you want to talk about goody being on drugs or whatever make a new thread.

I'm sorry officer, I won't do it again.

The Power to win!

I mean this is from July last year, but sure go off sis.

Max To Bring The Power For Meadows Mission

This is from July this year. So maybe apologise for being wrong.

You should probably also declare what involvement you have with the dog murdering industry.
The “futures” syndicate does not currently own this greyhound.

C Davies was never an owner.

S Lycett was never an owner.

This dog is unleased.

I don’t have to declare anything.
Maybe… just maybe I’m actually one of the good guys?

Do you want a list of Taylor Walker and the Adelaide crows dogs though?