What the heck? Ken Hinkley in gambling/Greyhound Racing syndicate with players/staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a racing lover for many years. Loved the competition of great horses and the intellectual challenge of finding the winner; but to be honest I wouldn’t care if the sport disappeared.

Punters have been taken for granted. Every part of the industry has jumped into bed with corporate bookmakers, which means there is no incentive to bet. Winning punters can’t get a bet on without it it being a major operation and even those who don’t lose enough (“uneconomic”) are limited.

Why should punters support a made for gambling product that actively and greedily works against the customer?

Turnover numbers would be interesting to see. Obviously they are hard to compare now with so much money switching from the tote to bookmakers. And, on that: why would anyone bet on the tote when professional syndicate operators who are given massive take out discounts hugely alter dividends after the races have commenced?

Anyway, if the current level of activity on longstanding racing forums is anything to go by, it would seem that racing is losing formerly rusted-on fans in a big way. The industry doesn’t deserve it’s support and really, I wouldn’t mourn its demise.

Last edited:

Have it on good authority that an ex-afl ruckman from Port, Saints and Bombers has run into hot water. Has been for few years now boys. Talking drugs, alcohol, gambling, different babies to different women, the next Ben Cousins I'm told. Not the advisor, but doing gods work,

Have it on good authority that an ex-afl ruckman from Port, Saints and Bombers has run into hot water. Has been for few years now boys. Talking drugs, alcohol, gambling, different babies to different women, the next Ben Cousins I'm told. Not the advisor, but doing gods work,
Any reason you’ve tacked it onto this thread?

Just come out and say Ryder straight up. You were hardly being cryptic about it, so what's the point?

I see pokies as cruel and disgustng but AFLs done nothing about that.....

I guess you cant be a moral crusaders when you yourself are also morally bankrupt

Until they're illegal there's nothing wrong with the AFL having them. At least then some of that money goes back to the community. If the AFL got rid of them some other sleaze would buy em and no one is any better off

Why do people care so much about what other people do with their money and put up their nose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back